'Biggest tax cuts for 50 years' as chancellor wields knife in mini-budget

Started by SKY News, September 24, 2022, 07:00:14 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on September 24, 2022, 08:40:11 AM
Let's get this straight. This proportionatel helps higher earners. Someone on 12.5  a year will gain nothing.

Someone on 24.5k will gain about £120

Someone on 36.5k will gain about £240.

Someone on 48.5k will gain about £360

This proportionately helps higher earners more, obviously to anyone with a grasp of maths.

Had they instead raised thresholds to just 14k - which would have cost a whole lot less - no one on less than that would be paying any tax at all. And everyone above that level would be gaining approximately £300, which would clearly have helped almost everyone but would have proportionately helped the poor more.

But this lot are blatantly governing in the interests of the wealthy which of course includes themselves and most of their friends and relatives, the self serving scumbags.

This is like the return of Thatcher.
Really!! Someone who pays no tax doesn't benefit from a tax cut. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on September 24, 2022, 10:38:47 AM
But the opposition won't make the poor rich, will they, srb?

What we are seeing worldwide is the plateau in the age of prosperity, technology with reduction in hard work of the recent age.
It is never sustainable to have more and more growth and more and more population, more and more totally dependent people, more and more money from thin air, it has to stop sometime. Now, the world has to change and there are people who have a plan for us.
I don't like that plan, but at my age, no longer being in the economically positive part of society, only having one vote, I will just have to sit and watch, spout drivel on forums, while the world sees a downturn which will lead to unrest and wars of greed.

And getting rid of the Tories in 2024 won't do a jot.
Rich people in government voting to make themselves even richer and calling it "fair" stinks. If you cannot see that it is your blind spot and not mine.

Borrowing vast sums for future generations to pay for to further enrich the already rich today is not good economics. Nor is there anything fair about it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Good old

Quote from: Barry on September 24, 2022, 10:38:47 AM

What we are seeing worldwide is the plateau in the age of prosperity, technology with reduction in hard work of the recent age.
It is never sustainable to have more and more growth and more and more population, more and more totally dependent people, more and more money from thin air, it has to stop sometime. Now, the world has to change and there are people who have a plan for us.
I don't like that plan, but at my age, no longer being in the economically positive part of society, only having one vote, I will just have to sit and watch, spout drivel on forums, while the world sees a downturn which will lead to unrest and wars of greed.

Have to agree with you in most respects. I think it would achieve slightly more than a jot. But we remain controlled and by virtually the same people no matter who we vote for . Of course some political parties will work harder than others to improve general social conditions, but the 1% will always be in charge of how the political process progresses. 

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on September 24, 2022, 10:16:54 AM
Or vote against the most blatant practitioners of it in decades, which is likely to happen in 2024.

What we are seeing worldwide is the plateau in the age of prosperity, technology with reduction in hard work of the recent age.

† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on September 24, 2022, 10:01:33 AM
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+26%3A11&version=KJV

Greedy self serving scum they have been for decades, nay centuries. Either have a revolution or put up with it.
Or vote against the most blatant practitioners of it in decades, which is likely to happen in 2024.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on September 24, 2022, 09:53:41 AM
What is good about Thatcher style largesse for the rich which includes the members of the government itself - greedy self serving scum - and to hell with the poor?
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+26%3A11&version=KJV

Greedy self serving scum they have been for decades, nay centuries. Either have a revolution or put up with it.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on September 24, 2022, 09:48:07 AM
Not all bad, then, Steve.

Amusing article in the Guardian this morning:

If you are poor, it's time to ask yourself: have you thought of simply being rich? by Marina Hyde
What is good about Thatcher style largesse for the rich which includes the members of the government itself - greedy self serving scum - and to hell with the poor?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: SKY News  on September 24, 2022, 07:00:14 AM

Income tax will be cut by one penny, Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng has announced, as part of a raft of measures aimed at boosting economic growth.

Source: 'Biggest tax cuts for 50 years' as chancellor wields knife in mini-budget
Let's get this straight. This proportionatel helps higher earners. Someone on 12.5  a year will gain nothing. 

Someone on 24.5k will gain about £120

Someone on 36.5k will gain about £240.

Someone on 48.5k will gain about £360

This proportionately helps higher earners more, obviously to anyone with a grasp of maths. 

Had they instead raised thresholds to just 14k - which would have cost a whole lot less - no one on less than that would be paying any tax at all. And everyone above that level would be gaining approximately £300, which would clearly have helped almost everyone but would have proportionately helped the poor more.

But this lot are blatantly governing in the interests of the wealthy which of course includes themselves and most of their friends and relatives, the self serving scumbags.

This is like the return of Thatcher.

SKY News

Income tax will be cut by one penny, Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng has announced, as part of a raft of measures aimed at boosting economic growth.

Source: 'Biggest tax cuts for 50 years' as chancellor wields knife in mini-budget