You might think

Started by Sheepy, September 25, 2022, 01:09:52 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2022, 03:43:50 PM
The EU has all the same job vacancies, so where are they?
Do they? Maybe HGV. The others are being filled because of free movement.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2022, 03:43:50 PM
Not in anything like the same numbers. Brexit has stopped the UK jobs being filled.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 25, 2022, 02:11:53 PM
There is definitely a care shortage, HGV shortage, labor, Warehouse, farm and crop picking shortage. There is also a lack of slaughterhouse and meat processors. And there the jobs I can think of. There are more. I'm sure there a thousands all applying for the same glamorous jobs without the required qualifications but where we need workers are in sectors EU once did and UK workers refuse to do.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 25, 2022, 02:11:53 PM
There is definitely a care shortage, HGV shortage, labor, Warehouse, farm and crop picking shortage. There is also a lack of slaughterhouse and meat processors. And there the jobs I can think of. There are more. I'm sure there a thousands all applying for the same glamorous jobs without the required qualifications but where we need workers are in sectors EU once did and UK workers refuse to do.
Eh? they didn't refuse they were deemed unsuitable to pick crops, which we used to do as kids with our mothers for a bit of pocket money, but the strange truth is before the EU bull they always got picked.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 25, 2022, 02:05:01 PM
Eh? I just told you thousands turned up for the job, yet they were deemed unsuitable!

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 25, 2022, 01:57:03 PM
If she announced this, we can basically ignore the misnomer that EU workers were stealing jobs can't we. EU workers simply did work UK workers didn't find appealing and it is these jobs that can't fill in their vacancies.

Eh? I just told you thousands turned up for the job, yet they were deemed unsuitable!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 25, 2022, 01:09:52 PM
Liz Truss to relax immigration rules to ease Brexit workforce shortage (msn.com)
With the millions imported already, they might have found someone willing to work, but alas not so. But when we sent them thousands of people willing to do it they decided they weren't skilled enough, while Charlie moaned about the crops rotting, go figure.
If she announced this, we can basically ignore the misnomer that EU workers were stealing jobs can't we. EU workers simply did work UK workers didn't find appealing and it is these jobs that can't fill in their vacancies.

Sheepy

Liz Truss to relax immigration rules to ease Brexit workforce shortage (msn.com)
With the millions imported already, they might have found someone willing to work, but alas not so. But when we sent them thousands of people willing to do it they decided they weren't skilled enough, while Charlie moaned about the crops rotting, go figure.