IMF Warning!

Started by B0ycey, September 28, 2022, 09:42:26 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on October 11, 2022, 09:46:12 PM
The undeserved and misplaced Tory reputation for economic competence is currently being utterly shredded by a bunch of idealogues putting ideology above pragmatism. Economic competence is impossible without a big dollop of pragmatism. Ideological obsessions tend to get in the way of that. The tories risk having to go cap in hand to the IMF on their current trajectory. They are currently engaged in the destruction of their own trump card.
Trump card,was that a Freudian slip? and yes Trump is a card and so is Kwasi and Truss all jokers but not many laughing.

And next joke up is on the levelling up stage for the right to build extensions with no planning permission whatsoever......to promote growth,I give up.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2022, 06:07:12 PM
Perhaps you could put that prediction on the prediction thread for future ref.
Been requested before, way too chicken 🐔 to put any predictions up in Lights.
All mouth and no trousers. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: B0ycey on October 11, 2022, 05:17:22 PM
Actually Barry, that growth is this year before Trussonomics kicks in. Next year it is predicted to be 0.3% with us only ahead of Italy and Germany. And inflation is suppose to be worse in the UK than the rest of the G7 as well. Given that, if people aren't spending as they have to prioritise their money, it will be interesting to see whether we can even achieve any growth. My prediction next year... recession.
The undeserved and misplaced Tory reputation for economic competence is currently being utterly shredded by a bunch of idealogues putting ideology above pragmatism. Economic competence is impossible without a big dollop of pragmatism. Ideological obsessions tend to get in the way of that. The tories risk having to go cap in hand to the IMF on their current trajectory. They are currently engaged in the destruction of their own trump card. 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on October 11, 2022, 05:52:34 PM
Not my pessimism but the IMFs pessimism T00ts. I don't blame Barry for publishing the Tory rag article but I need lurkers at the very least to understand the crux of what he published and what it really means and not the spin Barry was implying. The growth is pre Trussonomics not thereafter. Thereafter it is LOW GROWTH. My prediction is recession given we are also having high inflation but whether it is low Growth or no growth, what it isn't is high growth or as Truss would say 'Growth Growth Growth!'
Perhaps you could put that prediction on the prediction thread for future ref.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2022, 05:46:05 PM
But you are such a pessimist. Truss's economic plan is a growth plan but the left panicked and caused mayhem in the markets. Silly people.

Not my pessimism but the IMFs pessimism T00ts. I don't blame Barry for publishing the Tory rag article but I need lurkers at the very least to understand the crux of what he published and what it really means and not the spin Barry was implying. The growth is pre Trussonomics not thereafter. Thereafter it is LOW GROWTH. My prediction is recession given we are also having high inflation but whether it is low Growth or no growth, what it isn't is high growth or as Truss would say 'Growth Growth Growth!'

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on October 11, 2022, 05:17:22 PM
Actually Barry, that growth is this year before Trussonomics kicks in. Next year it is predicted to be 0.3% with us only ahead of Italy and Germany. And inflation is suppose to be worse in the UK than the rest of the G7 as well. Given that, if people aren't spending as they have to prioritise their money, it will be interesting to see whether we can even achieve any growth. My prediction next year... recession.
But you are such a pessimist. Truss's economic plan is a growth plan but the left panicked and caused mayhem in the markets. Silly people.

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 11, 2022, 04:45:05 PM
Don't worry everyone. The IMF have changed their minds. Fickle, aren't they?

Barry

Don't worry everyone. The IMF have changed their minds. Fickle, aren't they? 

QuoteKwasi Kwarteng's tax cutting mini-Budget will help Britain to be the fastest growing major economy this year at the cost of higher long-term inflation, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said.

Kwarteng's mini-Budget will boost economic growth in Britain, admits IMF

† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 05:47:25 PM
Higher taxes and lower debt I expect SW. Decades of frugalness pays off in the end.
You forgot inflation and a ticket to the recession club 

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 08:41:47 PM
You not voting at all then Cromwell? To be fair to Starmer, he seems to have addressed your energy sufficiency wish hasn't he. Don't get me wrong, he could be shit like Blair. But until he has the keys and f**ks up like Dizzy Lizzy you really can only go by his policies and he did hit the nail this week in many areas.
Yes he has but I've no trust in him,slowly but surely Bliar and his smug mug which never ceases to pop up and tell us what's what......he's like a malign bloody shadow that turned me away from them.

Its as I say corrupt and self serving then you get the people like Huq now and those in the past urging biometrics and ID cards all whilst holding shares in biometric company,the anti semitism though my sympathies lie with the Palestinians.

Its not that the tories are better they are just as self serving and crooked but are open about it.

Of course there is an all too small honest group of politicians with integrity.

I will probably vote if there's an independent with ideals close to mine,failing that it's the monster ravers.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on September 29, 2022, 08:33:56 PM
I cannot and will not vote for Steamer/Bliar mk2.

For all the stick the sheep gets he does have a point regarding Westminster,I don't go for the populists stuff either but we sure as hell need to burst their bubble and make them understand they do actually work for us and we're not here to be given a pat on the head at election time then forgotten.

Westminster needs a massive overhaul,shut the lords fewer mp's perhaps and real accountability,perhaps even pay them more in exchange for people with skills not uni to politics with an eye on what fortunes they can make post parliament.

You not voting at all then Cromwell? To be fair to Starmer, he seems to have addressed your energy sufficiency wish hasn't he. Don't get me wrong, he could be shit like Blair. But until he has the keys and fucks up like Dizzy Lizzy you really can only go by his policies and he did hit the nail this week in many areas.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on September 29, 2022, 06:49:01 PM
When you turning back to the Red side Cromwell? Or has the Torytards warped you forever. 54%, that is massive! lol
I cannot and will not vote for Steamer/Bliar mk2. 

For all the stick the sheep gets he does have a point regarding Westminster,I don't go for the populists stuff either but we sure as hell need to burst their bubble and make them understand they do actually work for us and we're not here to be given a pat on the head at election time then forgotten.

Westminster needs a massive overhaul,shut the lords fewer mp's perhaps and real accountability,perhaps even pay them more in exchange for people with skills not uni to politics with an eye on what fortunes they can make post parliament.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on September 29, 2022, 06:40:45 PM
And yougov poll just out puts

Labour 54%

Tory 21%
When you turning back to the Red side Cromwell? Or has the Torytards warped you forever. 54%, that is massive! lol

patman post

One thing the country could do without is another landslide win by anyone...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

And yougov poll just out puts

Labour 54%

Tory 21%