Let’s get ready to rumble.

Started by Nick, January 24, 2020, 07:22:13 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=14903 time=1580549707 user_id=103
So, did you rumble Nick?  How long for - a few minutes?  It must have been a bit like New Year celebrations, but smaller, and for fewer minutes.

Actually I was sitting in a wine bar in Clichy, just outside Paris drinking a nice Bourgogne and listening to 2 jazz guitarists.

Everyone rumbles in their own way 😉.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

So, did you rumble Nick?  How long for - a few minutes?  It must have been a bit like New Year celebrations, but smaller, and for fewer minutes.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14853 time=1580494142 user_id=89
That won't happen until January 2021.

It will only happen if the French firebomb the tunnel trains, (again).
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=14732 time=1580410749 user_id=103

I expect come Saturday morning it'll seem like nothing has happened, the pound won't have crashed and there won't be thousands of lorries parked on the M20 and people will be more concerned about the imminent threat from rapidly spreading coronavirus.  

That won't happen until January 2021.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Demonisation of the EU been a cornerstone of Brexiters' strategy right back to the days of the Referendum Party before it became UKIP.  Now Brexiters have got what they want and we're leaving the EU tomorrow.  

I expect come Saturday morning it'll seem like nothing has happened, the pound won't have crashed and there won't be thousands of lorries parked on the M20 and people will be more concerned about the imminent threat from rapidly spreading coronavirus.  

But over the coming weeks there's every chance that the Great British Experiment will begin to fall apart.  What will Brexiters do then?  Why - they'll continue to blame the EU, of course.

What's going to fall apart?

You are aware that France, Germany and Italy have been illegally blocking service providers from the U.K. for years. They take it to the ECJ and they lose? So yeah we don't like the EU: The reason? Because our financial services are far better and cheaper, yielding more than any of their competitors. The EU doesn't like this so they start to cheat, why do you think thousands of companies in the financial industry are now moving to London? So they have access.

So no, nothing is going to fall apart.

Barry

Demonisation of the EU been a cornerstone of Brexiters' strategy right back to the days of the Referendum Party before it became UKIP.  Now Brexiters have got what they want and we're leaving the EU tomorrow.

You are probably right, but with Guy Verhofstadt bearing such a resemblance to Hitler, it does make the job that much easier.

QuoteI expect come Saturday morning it'll seem like nothing has happened, the pound won't have crashed and there won't be thousands of lorries parked on the M20 and people will be more concerned about the imminent threat from rapidly spreading coronavirus.

But project fear said there would be queues right back to Hadrian's Wall. Is everything going to be OK HQQ? Are you sure?

QuoteBut over the coming weeks there's every chance that the Great British Experiment will begin to fall apart.

It's not an experiment. We have been independent before and we decided we prefer it.

QuoteWhat will Brexiters do then?  Why - they'll continue to blame the EU, of course.

No, the EU can't be criticised so we'll probably pop down the pub and see if Nigel is about for a chinwag.
† The end is nigh †

GregB

But over the coming weeks there's every chance that the Great British Experiment will begin to fall apart.  What will Brexiters do then?  Why - they'll continue to blame the EU, of course.

Nah not likely, if it happens we'll grit our teeth and get on with. Not everyone is a snowflake.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Nick

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14174 time=1579951699 user_id=54
Oh yes. The EU is running scared. They will fight tooth and nail to try and keep whatever they can. They are not sitting as pretty as they would have us believe.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7927123/ALEXANDER-VON-SCHOENBURG-says-Germany-fears-Britain-face-reality-Brexit.html">//https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7927123/ALEXANDER-VON-SCHOENBURG-says-Germany-fears-Britain-face-reality-Brexit.html

Sorry this from the Daily Fail but it's fairly widely reported.

An excellent piece, especially the bit about the EU losing 18 countries not one.

Wonder what Gerry thinks of this, with his constant mantra that Brexit will cost the EU 0.7% of its budget.

"On a purely fiscal level, the loss of Britain's contribution will have huge implications for the EU's budget."

T00ts

Quote from: Nick post_id=14173 time=1579950787 user_id=73
It's what is said before a fight and we now have a fight on our hands with the EU. France already demanding access to our fishing waters or we get no deal.

Oh yes. The EU is running scared. They will fight tooth and nail to try and keep whatever they can. They are not sitting as pretty as they would have us believe.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7927123/ALEXANDER-VON-SCHOENBURG-says-Germany-fears-Britain-face-reality-Brexit.html">//https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7927123/ALEXANDER-VON-SCHOENBURG-says-Germany-fears-Britain-face-reality-Brexit.html

Sorry this from the Daily Fail but it's fairly widely reported.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14153 time=1579899521 user_id=54
The only rumble I've heard of before was in West Side Story and that ended in a knife fight.  :shock: I thought we were all supposed to be uniting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPCGR9_GdhA">//https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPCGR9_GdhA

It's what is said before a fight and we now have a fight on our hands with the EU. France already demanding access to our fishing waters or we get no deal.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick post_id=14149 time=1579893733 user_id=73
A week tomorrow folks. Just got a little pang of excitement as I told the children that come next Saturday we will no longer be in. Have to say I thought it wasn't happening a few times.

The only rumble I've heard of before was in West Side Story and that ended in a knife fight.  :shock: I thought we were all supposed to be uniting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPCGR9_GdhA">//https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPCGR9_GdhA

cromwell

Quote from: Nick post_id=14149 time=1579893733 user_id=73
A week tomorrow folks. Just got a little pang of excitement as I told the children that come next Saturday we will no longer be in. Have to say I thought it wasn't happening a few times.

Me and you both,......but

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick