Bank of England steps in…

Started by patman post, September 28, 2022, 12:26:48 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 02:54:01 PM
I doubt the markets are wondering why the BoE is getting involved it is obvious why.
They are getting involved because investors are asking for a high rate for bonds and glits. Better to service your own debt when nobody is backing Sterling. The answer of course is to restore confidence in the economy than print money, but Truss and Kwantang have basically disappeared off the face of the planet and aren't saying shit at the moment. I guess they are hoping things sort themselves out without doing anything (has that ever worked?). But given the BoE is going to raise interest rates and the IMF told Truss to sort her shit out, it is clear what the people who deal with economics on a daily base think of Trussnomics now in any case.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 03:07:02 PM
And why do you doubt that? I await another non-answer.

Liz Truss has lost the UK £1 billion EVERY HOUR since becoming prime minister.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 02:54:01 PM
I doubt the markets are wondering why the BoE is getting involved it is obvious why.
And why do you doubt that? I await another non-answer. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 02:45:05 PM
And now the pound has dropped again because the markets are wondering why the BoE is getting involved.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 28, 2022, 12:26:48 PM
.... to launch an emergency UK Government bond-buying programme to prevent borrowing costs from spiralling out of control and to stave off a " material risk to UK financial stability.

How can the Truss administration stand up to the Left wing staffers as found in the BoE and the IMF...?
And now the pound has dropped again because the markets are wondering why the BoE is getting involved. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 28, 2022, 01:23:31 PM
Indeed.

But I don't use emoji's to indicate when to laugh. I'd (obviously wrongly) assumed posters here recognised a piss take...
I am afraid emojis are too often used to be nasty in disguise, which is why I don't use them.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 12:50:41 PM
That is paranoia with no foundation.
Indeed.

But I don't use emoji's to indicate when to laugh. I'd (obviously wrongly) assumed posters here recognised a piss take...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 28, 2022, 12:26:48 PM

How can the Truss administration stand up to the Left wing staffers as found in the BoE and the IMF...?
That is paranoia with no foundation.

patman post

.... to launch an emergency UK Government bond-buying programme to prevent borrowing costs from spiralling out of control and to stave off a " material risk to UK financial stability.

How can the Truss administration stand up to the Left wing staffers as found in the BoE and the IMF...?

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...