Tory Conference Season this Sunday!

Started by B0ycey, September 28, 2022, 04:01:09 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

They have a new plan, they are going to save themselves by voting Westminster party to save themselves from the Westminster party, this must be some kind of strange logic I am missing, because it sounds just like the old plan but wrapped up as a new plan. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Will we be able to watch the Tory conference without a load of hassle?  (It was difficult last year.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Being honest

As a much younger man living in a very marginal seat where my vote was courted by several people who desired election success I found conferences quite interesting to watch on tv. I'm sorry, but they were 

About the time Blair started pushing his face onto the scene conference procedure went to shit in a bucket.

But if there is footage, Philip Ross giving Gordon Brown a roasting over his asinine misapplication of ir35 to contracts of less than 28 days in direct violation of statements made by him and his office lackey is worth a listen.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2022, 04:18:00 PM
...Hopefully the Tory conference won't be stricken by a racism event resulting in the suspension of an MP...

A prominent Tory, who remarked on picaninnies with water melon smiles, eventually became leader. He was eventually forced out, not directly because of his behaviour, but because others were afraid of losing their seats — mainly because he lied, by proxy, to the Queen...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on September 28, 2022, 04:44:18 PM
f**k comes from late Medieval Dutch and is the sort of thing a EU worshiping c*nt (another word from the same time and place) like Boysie can't resist.
It just shows a lack of intelligence as an alternative can't be used. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

What a silly comment.

I have watched all the party conferences for many years it was an accurate description.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 04:31:02 PM
Are you able to post without using the F word? It's not a good look.

F@@@ comes from late Medieval Dutch and is the sort of thing a EU worshiping C@@@ (another word from the same time and place) like Boysie can't resist.
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2022, 04:31:02 PM
It has stars and looks better than feck. But no, when it comes to the Tories I have to swear.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 28, 2022, 04:01:09 PM
...and boy its going to be a f**k up. Truss and Kwarteng has disappeared off the planet and all eyes are going to be on them when the door open in Birmingham. I expect Trussnomics was going to be the big selling point of the conference this year last week. Well that is, I hope we can all agree, now out the question given it has turned out to be another gift for Labour and they will be avoiding the subject like the plague. So what big policy can the Tories come up with now that doesn't involve more borrowing? Good luck with that.

It should also be said their conference will be following the Labour conference which was a success. People can't say they don't know what Starmer stands for now. He is the green energy leader. All everyone is talking about is GB energy and it seems to have had a huge positive reaction to the electorate. 100% self sufficient energy by 2030 is a tough ask but if he can pull it off it will easily pay off the huge borrowing needed for it with profits it generates not to mention the growth. What a policy. Can the Tories come up with something better? Answers on a postcard please.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

I dare say that after the conference, the gap in the polls will close a bit, but the electorate are fickle mid-term, so who really knows.
Depends what the Trussard announces next week. GB energy seems to be a big hurdle to overcome given the voters love it. Knowing Truss, her big idea will be to take a penny off VAT on cheese and that she will lower the legal age of Cheese makers to turn us into the leading exporter of Cheddar Cheese.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 04:04:01 PM
I expect the first 10 rows in the audience will be the usual Zimmer frame pilots and Waiting For God.
What a silly comment.

The Tory conference is likely to be completely different to last year. The Tories, as we know are behind in the polls and they will have to find some impetus to provide something for the party and the electorate. Perhaps that is why Truss and Kwarteng have hit the ground running with a mini budget and then bounced off to have a think.

Hopefully the Tory conference won't be stricken by a racism event resulting in the suspension of an MP. Nor will it have a robotic leader who keeps saying "And for what?" as if we care what he thinks.

I dare say that after the conference, the gap in the polls will close a bit, but the electorate are fickle mid-term, so who really knows.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

I expect the first 10 rows in the audience will be the usual Zimmer frame pilots and Waiting For God.

B0ycey

...and boy its going to be a f**k up. Truss and Kwarteng has disappeared off the planet and all eyes are going to be on them when the door open in Birmingham. I expect Trussnomics was going to be the big selling point of the conference this year last week. Well that is, I hope we can all agree, now out the question given it has turned out to be another gift for Labour and they will be avoiding the subject like the plague. So what big policy can the Tories come up with now that doesn't involve more borrowing? Good luck with that.

It should also be said their conference will be following the Labour conference which was a success. People can't say they don't know what Starmer stands for now. He is the green energy leader. All everyone is talking about is GB energy and it seems to have had a huge positive reaction to the electorate. 100% self sufficient energy by 2030 is a tough ask but if he can pull it off it will easily pay off the huge borrowing needed for it with profits it generates not to mention the growth. What a policy. Can the Tories come up with something better? Answers on a postcard please.