Only 2 drinks in spoons

Started by Streetwalker, January 25, 2020, 07:05:46 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

It's the exact same families that think school is just free child care. They don't care what they are doing as long as they don't have to pay or look after them. Scum bags and I totally agree with what Wetherspoons has done.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Of course, Spoons started out as an adult only pub.

Then they realised dads with kids had money
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Any Wetherspoons in a high residential locality attracts screaming uncontrolled kids and their mums after nursery for their evening meal. Sunday lunchtimes are also impossible. They're no longer pubs with food, but cheap eateries for young families with out of control offspring. The result is often a high volume of noise as customers and untrained staff compete with screaming and shouting kids and mums. Best to steer clear these days...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

If you turn up with your kids

Wetherspoons have decided that they are going to enforce the law on their premises and make sure nobody is drunk in charge of children  . Hurray I say ,there is nothing more off putting than going in for a crafty afternoon slurp only to have to navigate half a dozen pushchairs 3 crawlers and 4 -12 year olds practicing for the Olympic trials while the parents , its usually mums are necking pinot grigio to their hearts content .

I normally just turn around and walk straight back out the door when confronted with such a scene and applaud Spoons for taking this stance in the hope that the thought of just the one drink, two if your eating will keep them out altogether .

Pubs for me are an adult space where we can unwind after work ,talk bollocks with our mates and relax in general away from our commitments on the other side of the door that says licensed to sell...... above it .  It shouldn't be an extension of nursery  school

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51233861">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51233861