Where do they get these people?

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2022, 06:43:50 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on October 08, 2022, 03:17:09 PM
The main reasons Brexit hasn't been working out so far is because 
The Tory government has sat on their collective backside and done nothing. The oven ready deal never had the oven switched on.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on October 08, 2022, 03:17:09 PM
The main reasons Brexit hasn't been working out so far is because we have a Remainer's Brexit.

Furthermore, the Labour party and the mandarins in Whitehall have been obstructing Brexit this whole time.

We need to bring back Boris.
And who has given us a remainers brexit  ?   The guy you want to bring back . Its a Tory brexit .a Westminster brexit and soon to be an EU brexit 

Where's Nige ?

HallowedBrexit

The main reasons Brexit hasn't been working out so far is because we have a Remainer's Brexit.

Furthermore, the Labour party and the mandarins in Whitehall have been obstructing Brexit this whole time.

We need to bring back Boris.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 01:39:31 PM
And I suppose the left haven't weaponised Covid and the Ukraine war then?
Of course they have, Do you really think the Tories would not have? 
That  doesn't work anyway the gservices across the board  were already struggling to the point of not functioning to purpose, in fact not always fit for purpose, well before , Covid struck, or Putin disrupting energy markets, or any other disruption of energy markets as he is not the only one. 
Neither Covid , or Putins war are destroying  our public services, Tory policy is and has been doing that ever since they got power.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 01:39:31 PM
It is the Tories who have done that, to cover up the emergent properties of the Dogs Brexit.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 11:35:55 AM
Being a war criminal tends to stick in the mind.
Only in the minds of those accusers who keep nee-nawing their lost cause/ moot point from the sidelines.

Unless there's a military defeat and the beaten leaders are arrested, charged and tried, it's just diminishing background noise...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Good old on October 08, 2022, 01:35:47 PM
Without ever earning a renewed reputation. They merely waited for the bankers crisis , weaponised that and set off on another decade or more of basic incompetence , milking every budget they could lay their hands on, using the  name of small government to justify a first world society struggling to maintain first world standards in almost all of its vital services.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good old

Quote from: srb7677 on October 07, 2022, 09:45:26 PM

Last time the Tories lost their reputation for sound economic management - in 1992 - it took them at least a decade and a half to regain it.

Without ever earning a renewed reputation. They merely waited for the bankers crisis , weaponised that and set off on another decade or more of basic incompetence , milking every budget they could lay their hands on, using the  name of small government to justify a first world society struggling to maintain first world standards in almost all of its vital services.

papasmurf

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 11:35:55 AM
Technically so was Churchill. 

Nick

Yet the Tories succeeded in weaponising the winter of discontent against Labour for nearly two decades afterwards. And very few have forgotten Blair's ignominious role in the Iraq War.

Sometimes the electorate can have very long memories.

Last time the Tories lost their reputation for sound economic management - in 1992 - it took them at least a decade and a half to regain it.

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on October 07, 2022, 09:55:43 PM
The Tories are just desperate Pappy. The electorate forget little things like not fulfilling manifesto pledges on the climate. They don't forget big things like mortgage rate hikes.
Or finding they have to sell their homes for less than they're mortgaged for — but other than what affects them directly, the electorate have the memories of goldfish...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2022, 09:52:15 PM
Especially the victims of Tory doctrine-based policies. That number is increasing by the day.
The Tories are just desperate Pappy. The electorate forget little things like not fulfilling manifesto pledges on the climate. They don't forget big things like mortgage rate hikes.

papasmurf

Sometimes the electorate can have very long memories.

Especially the victims of Tory doctrine-based policies. That number is increasing by the day.