Where do they get these people?

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2022, 06:43:50 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 12:27:57 PM
Cherry picking. The big fall has been since Brexit, (plus a massive increase in costs and regulations.)
No data so yet another boring post by you. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 12:15:41 PM
Between 1994 and 2020 Cornish fishing fell by 45%, this has zero to do with Brexit.
Cherry picking. The big fall has been since Brexit, (plus a massive increase in costs and regulations.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 11:44:29 AM
I have never stated that, but inshore fishing and the bivalve mollusc industry is very badly hit. The fishermen I talked to were VERY angry. I am surprised George Useless has not been tarred and feathered and run out of Cornwall, despite Liz Truss giving him the sack.
Between 1994 and 2020 Cornish fishing fell by 45%, this has zero to do with Brexit. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 11:39:33 AM
According to you there are no commercial fishermen left.
I have never stated that, but inshore fishing and the bivalve mollusc industry is very badly hit. The fishermen I talked to were VERY angry. I am surprised George Useless has not been tarred and feathered and run out of Cornwall, despite Liz Truss giving him the sack.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 10:18:11 AM
Brexit is unfinished because the Tories have done nothing to finish it. (I could not possibly repeat what commercial fishermen locally stated about it recently because of the bad language.)
According to you there are no commercial fishermen left. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on October 10, 2022, 10:07:46 AM
A failing Brexit is another failure for remainers, a failing Brexit is a failure for all those that that did or did not want  Brexit. It would seem Brexiteers continue to divert from the Idea they and they alone were actually wrong , or at least misled in the practicalities of making Brexit a success.
Brexit is unfinished because the Tories have done nothing to finish it. (I could not possibly repeat what commercial fishermen locally stated about it recently because of the bad language.)

Good old

A failing Brexit is another failure for remainers, a failing Brexit is a failure for all those that that did or did not want  Brexit. It would seem Brexiteers continue to divert from the Idea they and they alone were actually wrong , or at least misled in the practicalities of making Brexit a success. 

B0ycey

Quote from: HDQQ on October 09, 2022, 10:55:08 PM
Remainer's Brexit? We didn't want any sort of Brexit. But in one sense the Brexit we got could be called a Remainer's Brexit because it is exactly what we warned it would be. It's brought absolutely no benefits to the people of Britain and has made many things worse. I suppose people who like swimming in raw sewage might have gained from Brexit, but nobody else.
EXACTLY HDQQ!!!

I've tried to tell people on here but they are deaf to it. Frost wouldn't have given away anything that he could get away with. There is no point having an sea full of fish without a market to sell it to. We are an island so we rely on trade coming in not going out. We are a next importer, not an exporter in any case. Calais is the busiest waterway on the planet. The idea that people believe that "No Deal" was even an option just show you how little understand of Brexit they actually had when they voted on it.... and as it happens, still don't. It was never about who needed who more anyway. If it were, we need the EU more actually as shown with the hoping for good will over the protocol. So, yeah, totally agree. This isn't a remainers Brexit given we wanted to remain in the single marker (or actually in the EU). We had the Johnson oven ready deal which like Johnson himself wasn't very good at all.

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on October 09, 2022, 10:55:08 PM
Remainer's Brexit? We didn't want any sort of Brexit. But in one sense the Brexit we got could be called a Remainer's Brexit because it is exactly what we warned it would be. It's brought absolutely no benefits to the people of Britain and has made many things worse. I suppose people who like swimming in raw sewage might have gained from Brexit, but nobody else.
So Brexit is now the cause of flash flooding? You're going to have to explain that one. 

HDQQ

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 08, 2022, 04:40:31 PM
And who has given us a remainers brexit  ?  The guy you want to bring back . Its a Tory brexit .a Westminster brexit and soon to be an EU brexit

Where's Nige ?
Remainer's Brexit? We didn't want any sort of Brexit. But in one sense the Brexit we got could be called a Remainer's Brexit because it is exactly what we warned it would be. It's brought absolutely no benefits to the people of Britain and has made many things worse. I suppose people who like swimming in raw sewage might have gained from Brexit, but nobody else.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on October 08, 2022, 05:03:40 PM
Probably on the Kent coast with his Fisher Price binoculars looking for dinghies and inflatables...
Well someones got to keep count 

patman post

Where's Nige ?
Probably on the Kent coast with his Fisher Price binoculars looking for dinghies and inflatables...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 08, 2022, 04:47:23 PM
On that we can agree Papa 
Have you seen the price of gas ?Well everyone deserves a break , Is he down your way ?
I hope he is not anywhere near Cornwall he usually has foreign holidays.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 04:40:41 PM
The Tory government has sat on their collective backside and done nothing. 
On that we can agree Papa  
Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 04:40:41 PM
The oven ready deal never had the oven switched on.

Have you seen the price of gas ?
Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 04:41:38 PM
On holiday 
Well everyone deserves a break , Is he down your way ?

papasmurf

Where's Nige ?
On holiday with an even bigger idiot taking his place on GB News..