Iain Duncan Smith opposes cuts to benefits.

Started by papasmurf, October 04, 2022, 07:51:10 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 05, 2022, 10:38:42 AM
It does seem a bit strange when Mr Arbeit Mach Frei actually briefs against the PM

What has Gove promised him in the 2023 Cabinet ??
Frankly John I was in a state of shock when I saw IDS being interviewed on Channel 4 news. (I was even more shocked when a journalist I know who is on the government "blacklist" had access to the fringe meeting where IDS made the same comments.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

It does seem a bit strange when Mr Arbeit Mach Frei actually briefs against the PM

What has Gove promised him in the 2023 Cabinet ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 05, 2022, 05:11:49 AM
Looks like IDS will say anything to undermine the PM ,giving money to the poor ,whatever next !

He does have a point though in that anything given in benefits goes straight back into the economy not a savers account at the TSB but if he thinks it will drive growth he is aving a laugh .
Iain Duncan Smith has a problem, due to a tactical voting campaign in his constituency in the run up to the last general election he came close to losing. His is now a marginal seat.

Streetwalker

Looks like IDS will say anything to undermine the PM ,giving money to the poor ,whatever next !

He does have a point though in that anything given in benefits goes straight back into the economy not a savers account at the TSB but if he thinks it will drive growth he is aving a laugh . 

papasmurf