Liz has it all in hand?

Started by Sheepy, October 06, 2022, 11:11:55 AM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2022, 03:29:30 PM
I mean in the bigger picture Boycey, as the green activists were saying, did anyone actually vote for any of this, I have no idea where they got that from.

Oh, well that I agree with you on. Anything Truss does hasn't been voted for. But her plan on benefits isn't the same as Johnsons and Starmer is merely playing the card of opposition by demanding alignment with inflation.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 03:27:04 PM
Well I must be missing the point Sheepy. The old plans by BoJo was to keep benefits in line with inflation. The new plans is likely to scrap that. Wouldn't that be classed as changing?

Starmer is merely playing the card of opposition. Side with any policy that is electorally popular whether he can fund it or not.

I mean in the bigger picture Boycey, as the green activists were saying, did anyone actually vote for any of this, I have no idea where they got that from.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2022, 03:22:41 PM
I am guessing you were missing the point Boycey they are all saying the old plans are actually the new plans, nothing has changed.

Well I must be missing the point Sheepy. The old plans by BoJo was to keep benefits in line with inflation. The new plans is likely to scrap that. Wouldn't that be classed as changing?

Starmer is merely playing the card of opposition. Side with any policy that is electorally popular whether he can fund it or not.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 01:24:16 PM
The "plan" as you call it is really what the opposition should be doing. Insisting on unfunded policies that are electorally popular. Although it was interesting listening to IDS on saying if Truss was all about growth she should do it anyway. Not that I agree with much IDS has to say, but the point that the poor don't save and actually use the money they are given and spend it into the economy is a very strong one.

I am guessing you were missing the point Boycey they are all saying the old plans are actually the new plans, nothing has changed.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2022, 11:21:45 AM
Meanwhile Sadiq has a plan, because it also worked out so well for us in the past?
Politics latest news: Keir Starmer issues challenge to Liz Truss with call for benefits to rise with inflation (msn.com)
Now call me a little crazy as you usually do, but all the plans seem like the same old plan.
The "plan" as you call it is really what the opposition should be doing. Insisting on unfunded policies that are electorally popular. Although it was interesting listening to IDS on saying if Truss was all about growth she should do it anyway. Not that I agree with much IDS has to say, but the point that the poor don't save and actually use the money they are given and spend it into the economy is a very strong one.

Sheepy

Meanwhile Sadiq has a plan, because it also worked out so well for us in the past?
Politics latest news: Keir Starmer issues challenge to Liz Truss with call for benefits to rise with inflation (msn.com)
Now call me a little crazy as you usually do, but all the plans seem like the same old plan.

Sheepy