Who do you think will win the next general election?

Started by srb7677, October 11, 2022, 07:47:50 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on October 29, 2022, 03:02:38 PM
Long way to go yet Borky, the pro Tory papers will be looking in every closet and I'm betting there's a whopper in one of them.

Oh God Nick, you don't think Sunak is bonking Edwina Curry do you ? :)
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 29, 2022, 05:44:42 PM
For gods sake tories burying their heads in the sand,it has been a catastrophe yet we had people on here defending  the cerebrally vacant Truss.

Laughing at the idea of GB energy and what have we seen now bulb been bailed out estimated cost over two billion pounds and the claim it being given to Octopus but onlyif they get  over a billion pounds a saving to the taxpayer.

The comedy club has nowt on them we pay billions because Thatcher flogged off the utilities are paying over the odds because of an abject failure to secure our energy and the claim is they're saving the taxpayer..

Twelve years to sort it and you slag labour off.
Do you honestly believe that if Labour had been in power for the last 12 years or even part of it we would really be in a better place now? In that 12 years did anyone prophesy that Russia would invade Ukraine? Did they foresee Covid? Wouldn't we still be part of the EU? It's no good looking at whatever problems we currently might be experiencing and seeing them out of context. Yes we as a nation haven't recognised the need for our own power base. Like many parts of the world we believed that it was now a much safer place and nations would support one another. We sat back in the comfort of the EU international sofa believing that all was well and turned a blind eye to the undercurrents that have existed since the Arab Spring.
Political elections have been focussed on just one concern for the last 6 years and Westminster did their best to maintain the pressure on just that one subject more or less to the exclusion of anything else until Russia swept into Ukraine and Putin turned into the demon that his pretence had hidden for decades. Times have impact - you can't just ignore it when suddenly the results come and hit you on the nose or in the pocket. 
Yes it's a failure but the blame doesn't stand completely at Tory doors. When did the opposition ever mention it? Some of us have had no trust in Putin ever since he came to power but tell me where that was mentioned in a manifesto.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 29, 2022, 05:44:42 PM
For gods sake tories burying their heads in the sand,it has been a catastrophe yet we had people on here defending  the cerebrally vacant Truss.

Laughing at the idea of GB energy and what have we seen now bulb been bailed out estimated cost over two billion pounds and the claim it being given to Octopus but onlyif they get  over a billion pounds a saving to the taxpayer.

The comedy club has nowt on them we pay billions because Thatcher flogged off the utilities are paying over the odds because of an abject failure to secure our energy and the claim is they're saving the taxpayer..

Sorry but I don't know of anyone on here who thought Truss was the right person for the gig, but to be fair, she said what she was going to do, got voted in on it and then castigated for it. 

Octopus had acquired Bulb, I've had an email telling me so. 

12 years? What you talking about? Up until covid the economy was flying and debt coming down. Covid and a Special Operation has put paid to that, Truss just caused a blip, which we have now virtually recovered from. So where's this 12 years disaster coming from? Are you telling me you voted Tory in 2019 for a government you KNEW we're destroying the country? NO you didn't so don't come with this 12 years nonsense. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 11, 2022, 09:17:58 PM
Just enough to take the economy from disastrous to catastrophic. 😜
For gods sake tories burying their heads in the sand,it has been a catastrophe yet we had people on here defending  the cerebrally vacant Truss.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 29, 2022, 01:55:57 PM
Tories now only need a swing of 14 points in the opinion polls to be back on terms. Not the disaster the lefties have been predicting after all.
I hope you're right — Sunak has two years to get the outlook looking more hopeful, and for his choices of some of the cabinet members to become understandable.

But, if his administration fails to get voters' confidence, and Labour keeps making credible noises, I don't see it being an absolute disaster if the Tories lose.

Being out of power for one or two terms, should give them the short, sharp shock they need to reform and recover from the self-inflicted disasters of the past five years...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on October 29, 2022, 02:27:07 PM
According to these guys, Labour has a 29% lead over the Tories. So in theory the conservatives should level peg if they pick up an extra 14.5% of the vote, but that assumes that the brothers and sisters don't pick up extra votes from the other parties. But whatever, it is still a hell of a big gap. Plus, Starmer is doing his best to turn the Brothers and sisters into the Torylite party.

So the way I see it, while Sir Stodge might be the most boring bastard since John Major, I reckon that he should make it into number 10 by 2024.

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/united-kingdom/
Long way to go yet Borky, the pro Tory papers will be looking in every closet and I'm betting there's a whopper in one of them. 

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on October 29, 2022, 01:55:57 PM
Tories now only need a swing of 14 points in the opinion polls to be back on terms. Not the disaster the lefties have been predicting after all.

According to these guys, Labour has a 29% lead over the Tories. So in theory the conservatives should level peg if they pick up an extra 14.5% of the vote, but that assumes that the brothers and sisters don't pick up extra votes from the other parties. But whatever, it is still a hell of a big gap. Plus, Starmer is doing his best to turn the Brothers and sisters into the Torylite party.

So the way I see it, while Sir Stodge might be the most boring bastard since John Major, I reckon that he should make it into number 10 by 2024.

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/united-kingdom/
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on October 11, 2022, 09:17:58 PM
Just enough to take the economy from disastrous to catastrophic. 😜
no doubt about that 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 11, 2022, 07:51:39 PM
Im with you there toots , the way the tories are performing though Im starting to think a small Labour majority might be the best worst result  (God save England and all that sail in her )
Just enough to take the economy from disastrous to catastrophic. 😜 

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2022, 05:51:38 PM
I do hope they don't get their paws on Government here if the mess in Scotland is anything to go by.
Im with you there toots , the way the tories are performing though Im starting to think a small Labour majority might be the best worst result  (God save England and all that sail in her )

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2022, 05:51:38 PM
I do hope they don't get their paws on Government here if the mess in Scotland is anything to go by.
You been to Scotland? 

T00ts

Quote from: morayloon on October 11, 2022, 04:55:49 PM
Why should the SNP help either party to run the UK? After all, it is the State they want to break away from