Braverman’s out

Started by patman post, October 19, 2022, 05:01:37 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on October 19, 2022, 05:54:25 PM
Again I say - who has promised her what?
Why would you think there's a ulterior motive?

Don't you believe the Tories are more honest than that?

Or is there some other reason you think she's likely to behave "differently"...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on October 19, 2022, 06:15:33 PM
If that's what you want to think I wouldn't want to be a woman in Westminster.
I didn't think anything till you mused
QuoteAgain I say - who has promised her what?
You made the inference she'd been promised something not me.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

I think it's quite interesting.

Step back and take a look at this

She sends a document to a colleague in an insecure way that breaks the ministerial code and having done so, publicly fesses up to an error and walks. I think it's fair to say ever since Michael "something of the night" Howard copyrighted the phrase "I have done nothing wrong" no politician has EVER admitted responsibility and walked.

It's as if she saw two laptops on her desk, realised one came with a fully functional ejector seat and powered it up.

Surely there must be comparisons to about four months ago when Sunak 'did a Sunak' and did for Boris. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: srb7677 on October 19, 2022, 06:01:56 PM
What a turn up for the books. You - a devout Tory supporter - darkly hinting at something amiss in the party, with ulterior motives, scheming, and self interest.  They are in trouble when even you are reduced to this. lol

In any case, Cromwell provided her resignation letter in full. Do you think there is more to it than that and do you care to share your line of reasoning? Or are you going to become another Sheepy dropping hints about things that you never spell out?

Outside of years of over cooked austerity, the Tory party has been in turmoil ever since Nigel, and UKIP forced their hand on Brexit. Brexit was never what the majority of the parliamentary party pre 2016 wanted. It was embraced to fend Nigel off.
Once the referendum asked for brexit they were left to sort out the obvious devisions within the party . It was this that brought Boris to the forefront with his group of believers in tow , up to then a minority, and the disappearance of a whole raft of traditional Tories,. The party was made to seem to be a Brexit party, not a traditional Tory party.
The problem now is that Brexit doesn't work well enough to keep them in a job,.
And the bloods all over the place, A bit like the last years of the Roman Caesar's , one falls after another.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 19, 2022, 06:08:37 PM
You mean she has no standards and is onlyinit for what she can get?
If that's what you want to think I wouldn't want to be a woman in Westminster.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 19, 2022, 05:58:56 PM
You mean she has n standards and is just in it for what she can get?
Was it Sajid and Sunak who started the avalanche against Boris? What did they expect to get from it and might still? There is talk that Gove is wheeling and dealing for Sunak still.

What a turn up for the books. You - a devout Tory supporter - darkly hinting at something amiss in the party, with ulterior motives, scheming, and self interest.  They are in trouble when even you are reduced to this. lol

In any case, Cromwell provided her resignation letter in full. Do you think there is more to it than that and do you care to share your line of reasoning? Or are you going to become another Sheepy dropping hints about things that you never spell out?
I am a Conservative and prefer their policies but that does't necessarily mean that I support everything or everyone blindly, even though you lefties like to accuse me of it. After all the same could be said of those who favour other parties. The secret is to use intelligence not just pundits/influencers while running with the pack. Those wanting the Conservative crown will choose someone to be the fall guy. I suspect she is it and she will be used as leverage with others. She either has promises to claim or they have intimidated her enough to make her take an easier route.

I bet the knives are already being sharpened for Starmer if he gets above himself and holds the No10 keys. 

cromwell

You mean she has no standards and is onlyinit for what she can get?

Sheepy

Ooh I say it's my fault again.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

What a turn up for the books. You - a devout Tory supporter - darkly hinting at something amiss in the party, with ulterior motives, scheming, and self interest.  They are in trouble when even you are reduced to this. lol

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on October 19, 2022, 05:06:08 PM
And slags off Truss to boot :D
Often amusing to see the way the Mail's support and condemnations go (swing) — there's a couple there wanting their peerages...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on October 19, 2022, 05:19:42 PM
...and I just wonder what promises have been made to her and by whom.
If they hold as much value as the ones made to the country, they'll be worthless anyway.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on October 19, 2022, 05:19:42 PM
...and I just wonder what promises have been made to her and by whom.
From her resignation letter
QuoteAs soon as I realised my mistake, I rapidly reported this on official channels, and informed the Cabinet
Secretary. As Home Secretary I hold myself to the highest standards and my resignation is the right thing
to do. The business of government relies upon people accepting responsibility for their mistakes.
Pretending we haven't made mistakes, carrying on as if everyone can't sce that we have made them, and
hoping that things will magically come right is not serious politics. I have made a mistake; I accept
responsibility; I resign.
It is obvious to everyone that we are going through a tumultuous time. I have concerns about the direction
of this government. Not only have we broken key pledges that were promised to our voters, but I have
had serious concerns about this Government's commitment to honoring manifesto commitments, such
as reducing overall migration numbers and stopping illegal migration, particularly the dangerous small
boats

Barry

† The end is nigh †