Starmer , all you need to know

Started by Streetwalker, October 21, 2022, 08:42:09 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: patman post on October 22, 2022, 01:24:00 PM
More detraction — WTF has Blair to do with Johnson's bid for a second term as PM...?
Nothing. It was whataboutery.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2022, 10:16:55 AM
Blair lied too - how many lives did that cost - was he ever sanctioned?
More detraction — WTF has Blair to do with Johnson's bid for a second term as PM...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 22, 2022, 12:59:39 PM
Well that really helps. All you see is a blood bath. And that much I agree on.
And the country.  Does the country deserve, need ,or most of all want a blood bath in the ruling party?
You say you never wanted Boris..If so why push his his claim now ?  Oh of course he is the best of a bad bunch.
Is this what this great old country of ours is down to.?
No wonder we head rapidly for the forth division. Why not reinstate the man and the team that got you in the relegation spots in the first place.
Anything other than Starmer.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2022, 11:09:23 AM
I can't quite understand why I am being misrepresented by so many. I repeat - I never wanted Boris as PM except that he was the obvious choice to achieve Brexit. I would prefer he wasn't PM now but I would prefer him to Sunak, and to let Sunak be appointed without at least some testing would be stupid IMO. If Boris returning to stand against him achieves that then OK. I see no reason why the unfinished business between Sunak and Boris shouldn't be aired.The reason Truss was elected was because the MPs decided that she was the least of a problem to put before the Members  hoping for Sunak and the membership decided they didn't want more of the same of Sunak's policies or lack of loyalty. I see that this time around thus far, he has kept his mouth shut, presumably because someone has told him he does himself no favours. We haven't been subjected to his glitzy videos either thank goodness.

Unfortunately Boris is head and shoulders above anyone else in Parliament for intelligence and a feeling for the country but he doesn't have the discipline that is needed in his manner or presentation. These are things I have pointed out for the last few years since he became prominent. However it is not in the country's interest to allow anyone to simply slide into No10 without Boris being able to put his case.
The Conservative party needs to put its house in order and discover some parliamentary and party discipline and quickly. I still see no-one who will achieve that without a blood bath but I would prefer a Boris blood bath to a Sunak one..

Well that really helps. All you see is a blood bath. And that much I agree on.
And the country.  Does the country deserve, need ,or most of all want a blood bath in the ruling party?
You say you never wanted Boris..If so why push his his claim now ?  Oh of course he is the best of a bad bunch.
Is this what this great old country of ours is down to.?
No wonder we head rapidly for the forth division. Why not reinstate the man and the team that got you in the relegation spots in the first place.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 22, 2022, 10:33:37 AM
Guessing again!  Do you really think , Boris is a penny less patriot , with no influence.?Rant
I can't quite understand why I am being misrepresented by so many. I repeat - I never wanted Boris as PM except that he was the obvious choice to achieve Brexit. I would prefer he wasn't PM now but I would prefer him to Sunak, and to let Sunak be appointed without at least some testing would be stupid IMO. If Boris returning to stand against him achieves that then OK. I see no reason why the unfinished business between Sunak and Boris shouldn't be aired.The reason Truss was elected was because the MPs decided that she was the least of a problem to put before the Members  hoping for Sunak and the membership decided they didn't want more of the same of Sunak's policies or lack of loyalty. I see that this time around thus far, he has kept his mouth shut, presumably because someone has told him he does himself no favours. We haven't been subjected to his glitzy videos either thank goodness. 

Unfortunately Boris is head and shoulders above anyone else in Parliament for intelligence and a feeling for the country but he doesn't have the discipline that is needed in his manner or presentation. These are things I have pointed out for the last few years since he became prominent. However it is not in the country's interest to allow anyone to simply slide into No10 without Boris being able to put his case. 
The Conservative party needs to put its house in order and discover some parliamentary and party discipline and quickly. I still see no-one who will achieve that without a blood bath but I would prefer a Boris blood bath to a Sunak one..

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2022, 10:24:52 AM
Blair wouldn't take the cut in income - but rest assured he has Starmer's ear. Both money and influence!

Guessing again!  Do you really think , Boris is a penny less patriot , with no influence.?Rant

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 22, 2022, 10:22:24 AM
Allegedly,yes. And I deliberately left it open to your reply.
The sanction is in the eyes of the electorate. I notice Blair, has never been fully trusted again, and certainly has never been asked to become PM again.
The Tories might do well to let history repeat, regardless of committee decisions .
Blair wouldn't take the cut in income - but rest assured he has Starmer's ear. Both money and influence! 

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2022, 10:16:55 AM
Blair lied too - how many lives did that cost - was he ever sanctioned?

Allegedly,yes. And I deliberately left it open to your reply.
The sanction is in the eyes of the electorate. I notice Blair, has never been fully trusted again, and certainly has never been asked to become PM again.
The Tories might do well to let history repeat, regardless of committee decisions .

T00ts

Blair lied too - how many lives did that cost - was he ever sanctioned? 

Good old

Quote from: Barry on October 22, 2022, 09:33:52 AM
Misleading the House of Commons by lying about following the rules, and saying there was no party.
Harriet Harman leads a group of 7 MPs investigating the claim he lied to Parliament.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61984704

Everyone knows what a lie looks like, what a lie is in fact. It doesn't really need a committee to rubber stamp what a lie is. In regard of Parliament this is only ever going to be about whether a lie can be accepted.
It's been done before, when is lie not a lie.
Boris,is where he is because his personal behaviour, and his handling of the behaviour of the rest of Downing Street ,was so far short of what it should be, not only the country rejected it, his own party rejected it.
If he didn't lie ,,as to whether any of this was happening. Surely the next accusation should be ,well it's so well documented  he must be thick. Of course we know he isn't .  So what is a lie?

Barry

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 11:55:35 PM
What is he being investigated for?
Misleading the House of Commons by lying about following the rules, and saying there was no party.
Harriet Harman leads a group of 7 MPs investigating the claim he lied to Parliament.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61984704
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 21, 2022, 09:32:58 PM
Are you really suggesting that these concocted accusations go anywhere near the dishonesty and misdemeanours that Johnson is currently under investigation for...?
What is he being investigated for?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Are you really suggesting that these concocted accusations go anywhere near the dishonesty and misdemeanours that Johnson is currently under investigation for...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Former Black Country MP Tom Watson appointed to House of Lords | Express & Star (expressandstar.com)

So Starmer the guy who let Saville slip through the net put forward the nonce finder general for a peerage . And he has the front to ....never mind , make up your own minds .