Petrol bomb attack Dover

Started by cromwell, October 31, 2022, 09:48:50 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: patman post on October 31, 2022, 07:59:21 PM
A twenty miles or fifty miles trip is unlikely to deter immigrants — look at the numbers crossing the Mediterranean and the numbers thought to perish making the trip.
It's only 10 miles across the Straights of Gibraltar, PP. Although there can be some nasty currents.
† The end is nigh †

Baff

Quote from: patman post on October 31, 2022, 06:44:55 PM
That is unmitigated bollocks. How the f**k are you going to deliver them to France? How will you prove they came from France? Belgium is only a little further away.

Are you intending to scoop people up mid-channel and deposit them on French shores? How will you get your vessels close enough to French shores, the coast of a foreign country, to land people?

Frankly, you're talking as your belly guides you. There's no way a civilised UK can gather up unwanted people and deposit them on another country — even Rwanda would balk at tens of thousands of additional people if it was required to ensure they were treated humanely...

It would hardly be the first time we have sent those kind of numbers over to France without their permission.
In the end this is exactly how Australia dealt their boat people.

They did not have the agreement or co-operation of the countries they returned them to.

You have to have the balls for the job.
Our politicians don't.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 31, 2022, 08:35:37 PM
So where's this proof that the UK economy has gone up over the past 12 years?

Just for the record, this is the third time of asking — though I concede previous relevant posts may have got lost...
I did say until Covid, here it is: source ONS. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 31, 2022, 08:04:22 PM
If I'm asked for evidence I give it, like the fact of where I am, I gave indisputable proof.
So where's this proof that the UK economy has gone up over the past 12 years?

Just for the record, this is the third time of asking — though I concede previous relevant posts may have got lost...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 31, 2022, 08:01:27 PM
Although I tend to agree — there's a bit of pot & kettle crept in there...
If I'm asked for evidence I give it, like the fact of where I am, I gave indisputable proof.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 31, 2022, 07:57:54 PM
And you need to start showing evidence for your posts.
Although I tend to agree — there's a bit of pot & kettle crept in there...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

A twenty miles or fifty miles trip is unlikely to deter immigrants — look at the numbers crossing the Mediterranean and the numbers thought to perish making the trip.

I do not believe the UK, or any country, should feel it is the sole target of immigrants and refugees...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 31, 2022, 07:53:14 PM
My personal experience isn't being discussed, I was pointing out that I know a lot about boats and even have RYA qualifications.
I have a survival at sea certificate and was a lifeboat helper for several years. I have also been to sea in inshore fishing boats.
You can't be keeping up with the news, I would not try and cross a village duck pond in those cobbled together rubber boats.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 31, 2022, 07:54:00 PM
You need to go to Specsavers. (Or at least watch the news.)
And you need to start showing evidence for your posts.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 31, 2022, 07:51:07 PM
No they're not, they are wooden, grp or RIBS with decent outboards on the back. 
You need to go to Specsavers. (Or at least watch the news.) 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 31, 2022, 07:36:57 PM
You personal experience has little to do with the reality. (Which is even worse now.)
My personal experience isn't being discussed, I was pointing out that I know a lot about boats and even have RYA qualifications. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 31, 2022, 07:35:42 PM
You do realise these are cobbled to-gether use once only rubber boats, not Atlantic 21's. (Plus the people on them have started to attack people.)
If you think it is easy, I suggest you volunteer to do it.
No they're not, they are wooden, grp or RIBS with decent outboards on the back. You don't 21 miles across one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world with large seas in something you've made. Anything above a 3 you start getting white horses and meter high waves, anything handmade won't survive more than a mile. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 31, 2022, 07:34:34 PM
Oh look!!
You personal experience has little to do with the reality. (Which is even worse now.)

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 31, 2022, 07:31:29 PM

Are you going to tell me some amazing fact about these boats coming across the Chanel, that you can't siphon fuel out of a RIB? 
You do realise these are cobbled to-gether use once only rubber boats, not Atlantic 21's. (Plus the people on them have started to attack people.)
If you think it is easy, I suggest you volunteer to do it.

Nick

Oh look!!

Quote from: Nick on August 20, 2021, 12:09:17 AM
Tomorrow I am off down to Cornwall for a week with my little fishing boat, let's see how the Wild South West is coping. It maybe that @papasmurfs picture of Armageddon lives up to reality but we will see. 

I'll be talking to fishermen and reporting back on the state of our fleet and drowning a few worm in the hope of catching a few Black/Guilthead Bream, a species that has until now eluded me. 

Supermarket shelves, restaurants and staff will all be on my radar, we will see how it pans out. 😉