Main Menu

Nurses to strike

Started by cromwell, November 07, 2022, 08:30:49 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 14, 2022, 01:13:44 PM
They hide them from you Pappy.

Remember when Nick went on holiday to Cornwall and the local shops were bursting with the best of food and wine and then they saw you and said this lad does not do happiness so they cleared the shelves and just put out a loaf of moldy bread they had gotten from The Lizard Museum of Human Misery?

It is all a Tory plot

:)
Nick's experience did not reflect either the local picture or the national one. He proved precisely (expletive deleted,) all especially given the coverage by the local press/media/national press/media and debates in the House of Commons about the shortages.
The shortages are now back and getting worse, which if you and Nick kept up with current affairs you would know.
(Recent select committee evidence which I have just posted on the forum, plus the BBC Radio 4 farming program in the mornings and country file on BBC1.)

You and Nick are a pain in the proverbial because of your total lack of keeping up.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2022, 02:55:23 PM
Not at the Tescos nearest to where live. (Last Friday there were none at any price.)
They hide them from you Pappy.

Remember when Nick went on holiday to Cornwall and the local shops were bursting with the best of food and wine and then they saw you and said this lad does not do happiness so they cleared the shelves and just put out a loaf of moldy bread they had gotten from The Lizard Museum of Human Misery?

It is all a Tory plot

:)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 14, 2022, 09:59:41 AM
You couldn't lie straight in bed. First you said they were too expensive and then you changed it to there were nine.
For someone who constantly accuses people of lying about them you tell a lot of lies. So which is it, too expensive or none available.
Frankly you are getting close to reaching my not trying to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person limit.
I AM NOT LYING.  I already posted this link which you could not be bothered to read. (Brexit is now termed EUexit.)

https://committees.parliament.uk/event/15120/formal-meeting-oral-evidence-session/

https://committees.parliament.uk/oralevidence/11521/pdf/

Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Committee
Oral evidence: Food Security, HC 622
Tuesday 8 November 2022

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2022, 08:30:14 AM
Fact not subterfuge. Also due to Brexit sorry EUexit, farmers are short 40000 crop pickers.
You couldn't lie straight in bed. First you said they were too expensive and then you changed it to there were nine.
For someone who constantly accuses people of lying about them you tell a lot of lies. So which is it, too expensive or none available.

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2022, 08:17:44 AM
UHT skimmed milk none available currently at any supermarket near where I live. Recently large rises in the price of fruit and veg. ([highlight]Pear too expensive to but yesterday.[/highlight]

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 13, 2022, 10:13:18 AM
So it's now gone from too expensive to they had none. More subterfuge.
Fact not subterfuge. Also due to Brexit sorry EUexit, farmers are short 40000 crop pickers.

Red Rackham

Quote from: Nick on November 11, 2022, 08:01:40 AM
Did you ever go to Gutersloh Or Bielefeld?
Gutersloh several times. Bielefeld, cant remember. It was one of those places I was always aware of but had no reason to visit. I suspect I may have done at some point. Why?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2022, 02:55:23 PM
Not at the Tescos nearest to where live. (Last Friday there were none at any price.)
So it's now gone from too expensive to they had none. More subterfuge.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 12, 2022, 01:46:18 PM
Pears, the thing you said were too expensive in your post. 🙄

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2022, 09:55:41 AM
I did nothing of the kind and tourists driving like idiots is still happening.  (The road death statistics are frankly appalling.)
What is 51p at Helston Tesco?
Pears, the thing you said were too expensive in your post. 🙄 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 12, 2022, 09:21:37 AM
You described a picture of almost apocalyptic proportions, and also tourists driving like idiots everywhere, none of which I saw in 2 weeks, and I drove the length and breadth of the county.
Good job I posted pictures from several different supermarkets then.
51p at Tesco!! Really, too expensive? Bet its a hoot round your house.
I did nothing of the kind and tourists driving like idiots is still happening.   (The road death statistics are frankly appalling.)
What is 51p at Helston Tesco? 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2022, 08:17:44 AMI NEVER stated ALL shelves,
You described a picture of almost apocalyptic proportions, and also tourists driving like idiots everywhere, none of which I saw in 2 weeks, and I drove the length and breadth of the county.

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2022, 08:17:44 AMPosting pictures from one supermarket proves precisely nothing.
Good job I posted pictures from several different supermarkets then.

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2022, 08:17:44 AMPear too expensive to but yesterday
51p at Tesco!! Really, too expensive? Bet its a hoot round your house.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 12, 2022, 06:10:33 AM
Same truth that the shelves where all empty during the summer of 2021, a point I proved was not true cause I posted pictures from Tesco in Redruth.

I NEVER stated ALL shelves, and the shortages are back. (You proved (expletive deleted all.) Posting pictures from one supermarket proves precisely nothing.)
UHT skimmed milk none available currently at any supermarket near where I live. Recently large rises in the price of fruit and veg. (Pear too expensive to but yesterday.
Fuel for our open fire with back boiler for the central heating is 60% higher than the same time last year.
You are out of touch and woefully so.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 11, 2022, 08:33:30 PM
Nick if you don't like the truth, that is very much your problem not mine.
Same truth that the shelves where all empty during the summer of 2021, a point I proved was not true cause I posted pictures from Tesco in Redruth.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on November 11, 2022, 08:33:30 PM
What's "like" got to do with anything?

"Recognise" would be a better word — but that's just my distorted and questioning view...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 11, 2022, 04:56:17 PM
Same old lines trotted to every post, change the record cause you're....