I feel for her!

Started by T00ts, November 07, 2022, 11:38:58 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on November 07, 2022, 03:54:39 PM
Many young people are being indoctrinated with fear of climate change, without any balance at all.
This is owing to the MSM taking on the position that "the science is settled", when it is anything but. Science is never settled in something as young as this, which is a theory.

What the antidote for this brainwashing is, I'm unsure, but the C of E, currently back into a debate over same sex marriage, is a bit of a no hoper.

Are we inducing mental illness into our children by indoctrination without balance? I think so.
We are doing what we should be doing, and teaching young people facts. The fact that these facts are unwelcome to you is unfortunate but global warming is very real, the science incontrovertible in spite of the best efforts of denialists. 

I expect Nick to rock up soon denying that there is any scientific evidence, by inference accusing most of the world's scientists of talking out of their arses, and that he knows more than they do. An extraordinary claim requiring extraordinary evidence entirely lacking. Because it would take quite some evidence to convince me that you and Nick know more than the world's greatest scientists.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 07, 2022, 03:54:39 PM
Many young people are being indoctrinated with fear of climate change, without any balance at all.
This is owing to the MSM taking on the position that "the science is settled", when it is anything but. Science is never settled in something as young as this, which is a theory.

What the antidote for this brainwashing is, I'm unsure, but the C of E, currently back into a debate over same sex marriage, is a bit of a no hoper.

Are we inducing mental illness into our children by indoctrination without balance? I think so.
I fear you are right and the Father of Lies is winning so many hearts and minds for now. I always think history proves that there is a pendulum that we swing too hard and too fast either in one direction or the other. Balance is only arrived at for fleeting moments on the pendulum's path through our lives. Just as we need balance in faith which seems to fluctuate between the image of an all forgiving God with no consequences to a God who has no mercy, there has to be the balance of a mid way and for me God represents that completely. One thing that is completely missing all over the world is that sense of balance. As for the C of E I just can't fathom their doctrine or rather lack of it.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on November 07, 2022, 03:19:13 PM
I'd be frightened if I was up there, I can't stand heights. But I wouldn't be up there in the first place, or brainwashed by activists.
This type of brainwashing does tend to belong to the young it's true, although I have always managed to be a bit away from the pack. Most of us do grow up in the end and see the world not so black and white. I wouldn't deny them their ideals they come from a good place generally, sadly they are being exploited by the not so honest. Hopefully they will see the damage they are creating actually defies their aims soon. Fear does crazy things.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on November 07, 2022, 03:12:30 PM
She's young and frightened. I can sympathise with her fears while not approving her MO. Sadly the media is doing nothing to allay any fears and the Church does nothing either. I am beginning to wonder if they actually advocate the scriptures. It is a very sad world.
I'd be frightened if I was up there, I can't stand heights. But I wouldn't be up there in the first place, or brainwashed by activists. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on November 07, 2022, 02:56:06 PM
As she was part of stop oil. No sympathy from me, 5 years in the big house if you ask me.
She's young and frightened. I can sympathise with her fears while not approving her MO. Sadly the media is doing nothing to allay any fears and the Church does nothing either. I am beginning to wonder if they actually advocate the scriptures. It is a very sad world.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on November 07, 2022, 11:38:58 AM
A girl has climbed the gantry over the M25 stopping the traffic. She had tears in her eyes as she admitted that she knew everyone would hate her, but claimed she had no future.

I feel for her. For those who have no faith and little or no knowledge of the scriptures and the prophesies included there it must be terrifying. When we are young we expect to have a long life. We expect to be mostly happy and have better times than our elders, but the earth is tired and worn out. We all recognise that there is a problem and try as we might to take the responsibility for the future for the generations to come we all know that we are fighting more than an uphill battle.

Those of us who know the scriptures, and more importantly believe them, are also desperate, but we believe that there is only one way to save ourselves and that is to repent and turn to God and His Son Jesus Christ. Sadly that is looked upon as close to insanity, but then there are many examples where those who prophesied repentance or disaster were also marked as lunatics. Noah would be an obvious example.

The earth will tire and dissention between those who inhabit it will increase beyond anything known before. It might not be yet but eventually the faithful understand that in time Jesus will return and take control. I just wish that more would open their hearts and ask Our Father in Heaven if the Gospel is true, and although it doesn't make for a complacent heart at least it helps to recognise that we all have Eternal life and a future.
As she was part of stop oil. No sympathy from me, 5 years in the big house if you ask me.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

A girl has climbed the gantry over the M25 stopping the traffic. She had tears in her eyes as she admitted that she knew everyone would hate her, but claimed she had no future.

I feel for her. For those who have no faith and little or no knowledge of the scriptures and the prophesies included there it must be terrifying. When we are young we expect to have a long life. We expect to be mostly happy and have better times than our elders, but the earth is tired and worn out. We all recognise that there is a problem and try as we might to take the responsibility for the future for the generations to come we all know that we are fighting more than an uphill battle.

Those of us who know the scriptures, and more importantly believe them, are also desperate, but we believe that there is only one way to save ourselves and that is to repent and turn to God and His Son Jesus Christ. Sadly that is looked upon as close to insanity, but then there are many examples where those who prophesied repentance or disaster were also marked as lunatics. Noah would be an obvious example.

The earth will tire and dissention between those who inhabit it will increase beyond anything known before. It might not be yet but eventually the faithful understand that in time Jesus will return and take control. I just wish that more would open their hearts and ask Our Father in Heaven if the Gospel is true, and although it doesn't make for a complacent heart at least it helps to recognise that we all have Eternal life and a future.