What a clown

Started by Nick, November 08, 2022, 04:12:06 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on November 08, 2022, 06:57:18 PM
I've got a Bolton top signed by the squad that played Vitoria Guimaraes in the Europa cup a few years back. Flying back from Porto via CDG and just happened upon Michel Platini so got him to sign my shirt, having obtained Youri Djorkaeff's a while before. What a combination on a shirt I thought! Probably can't give it away with Platini's autograph on it now.
Indeed , I had Platini down as the ringmaster in all the murky goings on behind closed doors at both Eufa and FIFA . Blatter was a discrace because he took the option  to look the other way .  I think Platini's ban from football is up next year it won't suprise me to see him worm his way back in somewhere .

Shame about Bolton , one of the long list of clubs that found European football too much of a burnden on their squads . Its why  the Palace never look to finnish higher than 10th ;)

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 08, 2022, 05:46:48 PM
He was cleared along with Platini though the smoke still lingers
I've got a Bolton top signed by the squad that played Vitoria Guimaraes in the Europa cup a few years back. Flying back from Porto via CDG and just happened upon Michel Platini so got him to sign my shirt, having obtained Youri Djorkaeff's a while before. What a combination on a shirt I thought! Probably can't give it away with Platini's autograph on it now.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 08, 2022, 05:40:03 PM
I'm not a massive follower of the sport but wasn't this chap done for bribe trousering ?
He was cleared along with Platini though the smoke still lingers 

johnofgwent

I'm not a massive follower of the sport but wasn't this chap done for bribe trousering ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

It seems years ago that Qatar were awarded the WC  but yes at the time the whole thing stank of corruption . The vote was at the same time that Russia were awarded 2018 and there was plenty of room for wheeling and dealing that had little to do with Qatars suitability to stage the event in the summer of 2022

Their bid obviously wasn't studied for its suitability before it was allowed to be submitted , The Aussies who were also briefly in the running even complained that there was no way anyone can play football in Qatar in June and their bid should be dissmissed .
TV companies worldwide submitted their bids for TV rights based on a summer competition . When they changed it to a winter comp they more or less admitted they had dropped a clanger 

We all knew it wouldn't work out for either teams nor supporters .  I will be astonished if there isn't a few headlines that have nothing to do with the games .

I guess Blatter has done the equivilent of going to confession and has washed his hands of any problems that will come up , can't wait for the plastic chair throwing competition to start .

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on November 08, 2022, 04:59:04 PM
How many international sports bodies can we be sure are corruption free?

The International Sports Federations (IFs) are responsible for the integrity of their sport on the international level.
https://olympics.com/ioc/international-federations

Too much money is involved and too high a status is accorded to the officials of sporting bodies as they swan around the globe...
None.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

How many international sports bodies can we be sure are corruption free?

The International Sports Federations (IFs) are responsible for the integrity of their sport on the international level.
https://olympics.com/ioc/international-federations

Too much money is involved and too high a status is accorded to the officials of sporting bodies as they swan around the globe...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Septic Bladder finally admits it was was a mistake to award Qatar the World Cup, for a start isn't that a blatant admission that it was fixed? Seeing as it was a 22 man ballot! Not that anyone ever thought that it wasn't a fix.
They better bury him face down cause that's the direction he's going.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.