Main Menu

QT tonight

Started by cromwell, November 10, 2022, 11:18:27 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on November 11, 2022, 03:06:59 PM
They are being paid by drug gangs in Albanian to come to the U.K. as drug dealers. Sounds illegal to me! Just cause they say they're seeking asylum doesn't stop them being illegal. In fact, I believe to seek asylum you have to arrive through a recognised port of entry, and Brighton beach isn't one of them.
Not entirely true Nick. You can actually rock up anywhere. What you are supposed to do then is declare yourself an asylum seeker to the first appropriate authority you find. They'll forward your case onto my wife at the Courts and Tribunals service. Which is how I know. 

what you are not suppposed to do is leg it into the woods at a rate of knots like the guys I saw on the boat outside Ipswich ... we saw this boat stuck on a sandbar as we are coming into the marina, and as we watched a load of people ran out from below, jumped over the side like lemmings from the video game and legged it into the woods near what is now AdAstra Business Park.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on November 11, 2022, 09:19:49 AM
Anyone claiming asylum is by definition not illegal. It is for the asylum process to determine whether their claim is bogus or not. If it is they should be on the first plane out. Asylum claims by people from supposedly safe countries still need to be processed, but this surely needs to be done a whole lot faster and thus requires more staff and investment. If the asylum seeker hails from a country which is supposedly safe, the presumption should be that the claim is bogus unless the asylum seeker can prove otherwise. But he still has the legal right for his claim to be assessed and this is where the logjam is.

Assessing claims far more quickly and throwing people out far more quickly would have a much greater deterrent effect than flying a handful of people to pigging Rwanda at enormous public expense. It's the vetting process that needs to be invested in, not populist gimmicks.

This is of course the problem. Too many people are allowed to claim political asylum from the terrible persecution they face in FRANCE
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 11, 2022, 09:19:49 AM
Anyone claiming asylum is by definition not illegal. It is for the asylum process to determine whether their claim is bogus or not. If it is they should be on the first plane out. Asylum claims by people from supposedly safe countries still need to be processed, but this surely needs to be done a whole lot faster and thus requires more staff and investment. If the asylum seeker hails from a country which is supposedly safe, the presumption should be that the claim is bogus unless the asylum seeker can prove otherwise. But he still has the legal right for his claim to be assessed and this is where the logjam is.

Assessing claims far more quickly and throwing people out far more quickly would have a much greater deterrent effect than flying a handful of people to pigging Rwanda at enormous public expense. It's the vetting process that needs to be invested in, not populist gimmicks.
They are being paid by drug gangs in Albanian to come to the U.K. as drug dealers. Sounds illegal to me! Just cause they say they're seeking asylum doesn't stop them being illegal. In fact, I believe to seek asylum you have to arrive through a recognised port of entry, and Brighton beach isn't one of them.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on November 10, 2022, 11:18:27 PM
Just seen some woman saying Albanians aren't illegals and it's awful how they're being treated.

Albania is not an unsafe country,they're not asylum seekers they are here illegally end of.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Red Rackham

QT? As in BBC Question Time? Good heavens is that still on, rhetorical. I used to enjoy it but haven't watched in years, in fact, I stopped watching it in 2016. I just got sick of constant, and I do mean constant, BBC pro EU left wing bias. If anyone is up for a bunfight, there's plenty of ammo on google :)

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on November 10, 2022, 11:30:57 PM
I am amazed at how mixed up people have become.
I'm not and some sense at least from Theo Paphitis
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I am amazed at how mixed up people have become. 

cromwell

Just seen some woman saying Albanians aren't illegals and it's awful how they're being treated.

Albania is not an unsafe country,they're not asylum seekers they are here illegally end of.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?