Starmer will lose working class, say Liverpool dock strikers

Started by BBC News , November 21, 2022, 07:00:23 AM

« previous - next »

Baff

Quote from: srb7677 on November 27, 2022, 08:04:19 AM
And you think that's a good salary do you for all that they do?

I think it is not "poor".

I think that is a good salary for most people. Yes.
Average wage in a rich country is rather good. A 5%er moaning about being poor? I go deaf.

You don't have to compete on the housing market "the same as everyone else" at all.
You get state assistance onto the housing market.
And it is massive.

I think that well off people, be they nurses or anyone else using foodbanks is disgraceful and extremely selfish behaviour.
It's not them I have any sympathy for, it is the poor people they are depriving and the generous people they are abusing.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on November 27, 2022, 08:04:19 AM

It isn't a good salary at all, the local NHS trust has started to build housing for nurses because of the very high local rents.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: Baff on November 27, 2022, 07:10:38 AMThe starting salary for a nurse is 27K.

As for cheap housing, most nurses I know have to compete in the same housing market as everyone else, and in some places like Cornwall the unavailability of affordable housing means they are struggling to recruit nurses who cannot afford local house prices or rents.

And I suppose you think that reports of nurses having to use food banks are a figment of the imagination or just a plain old lie simply because it does not conform to the world according to Baff?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Baff

Quote from: srb7677 on November 25, 2022, 09:52:38 PM
Some of them are. The starting salary for a nurse is pretty low.

You wouldn't know what real is.

The starting salary for a nurse is 27K.
The starting salary for many people is minimum wage. 14 or 19k.

Average Nurse Salary in the UK - Reed.co.uk
Nurse. Posted 31 October by The Healthcare Hub UK. £36,075 - £40,950 per annum; Permanent, full-time.

Nurses are not poor.
They are in the top 50% of income earners nationally and in the top 5% of income earners globally.

And they get bloody cheap housing to boot. Perks worth hundreds of thousands.
I bet you they get some kickarse pension scheme too.

Baff

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on November 25, 2022, 09:52:38 PM

But they get the chance to marry doctors, which is not so easy for supermarket checkout staff
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Baff on November 25, 2022, 01:45:14 PM
Nurses aren't poor mate.
Get real.

You wouldn't know what real is.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baff

Quote from: srb7677 on November 24, 2022, 07:22:26 PM
Bullshite. Are you really saying nurses are poor because they don't put a lot of effort in?

I suspect they work a lot frigging harder than you, proving that how rich you are is not directly connected with how much effort you put in but is determined by a variety of other factors too.
Nurses aren't poor mate.
Get real.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on November 24, 2022, 04:56:52 AM
That's because to become an MP you have to put a lot of effort in

For which party ??

All you have to do for one is be rich and for the other wait on an existing MP hand and foot until a dead man's shoes opportunity arises.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on November 24, 2022, 04:56:52 AM
That's because to become an MP you have to put a lot of effort in, and as a rule the poorer haven't done that in their formative years. If they had they would be much better off. Facts that you don't like.
Bullshite. Are you really saying nurses are poor because they don't put a lot of effort in?

I suspect they work a lot frigging harder than you, proving that how rich you are is not directly connected with how much effort you put in but is determined by a variety of other factors too.

Borchester

Quote from: Baff on November 24, 2022, 12:05:32 PM
2.85 million millionaires

The UK is home to nearly 2.85 million millionaires, according to Credit Suisse.

5% of us. 1 in every 20.
Still a minority. Still much in need of minority rights.

Why?

What is the point in being a millionaire if everyone else is?
Algerie Francais !

Baff

2.85 million millionaires

The UK is home to nearly 2.85 million millionaires, according to Credit Suisse.

5% of us. 1 in every 20.
Still a minority. Still much in need of minority rights.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 23, 2022, 06:05:22 PM
The well off are spoilt for choice in terms of politicians that support them. Most of the cabinet are millionaires for a start. The wealthy represent a fairly small minority of the electorate yet are vastly over-represented in parliament. It is the working classes and the struggling millions who are barely represented by the main parties anymore. So hardly an equal comparison and thus a risible point.
That's because to become an MP you have to put a lot of effort in, and as a rule the poorer haven't done that in their formative years. If they had they would be much better off. Facts that you don't like. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.