Brexit: What trade deals has the UK done so far?

Started by BBC News , November 29, 2022, 07:00:11 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 05, 2022, 05:49:04 PM
Brexit has the emergent property of unless something is done by government rapidly there will be no British pig meat, eggs, or dairy products.

Ah, how like our dear friend Gerry.

The minute we left the EU and the Irish closed down the pork and beef mines and I starved to death, my wife said, well, you could afford to lose a few pounds

:)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 05, 2022, 02:17:39 PM
Well we wont be buying any Dutch food in the future as the EU are shutting down 3,000 farms in the Netherlands  to meet emmision targets .
So theres not a lot of point in having a trade deal with them

Closing of Dutch farms will have a 'big impact' says Dutch farmer | Fox News Video
Brexit has the emergent property of unless something is done by government rapidly there will be no British pig meat, eggs, or dairy products.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on November 30, 2022, 07:28:23 AM
I always buy locally produced meat.
Well we wont be buying any Dutch food in the future as the EU are shutting down 3,000 farms in the Netherlands  to meet emmision targets . 
So theres not a lot of point in having a trade deal with them

Closing of Dutch farms will have a 'big impact' says Dutch farmer | Fox News Video

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on December 05, 2022, 01:58:49 AM
 in return for cheap toilet paper made from recycled copies of the Daily Mail, 
The printing ink used for newsprint is toxic, as is the Daily Mail.

srb7677

We surely have the economically transformative deal to reduce all tariffs on the import of yurts from Outer Mongolia?

And the great shovel importation deal with China, which will greatly assist the digging of all those holes in the sand for Brexiteers to bury their heads in.

And then there is the technology deal with Japan, by which in return for cheap toilet paper made from recycled copies of the Daily Mail, we import the Japanese technological innovation of anal voice boxes, very much in demand here with so many people desperate to talk out of their arses.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 29, 2022, 10:23:59 PM
To Pappy's neighbours? Are you sure that is wise? Excellent people I dare say, but no point in raising their hopes and expectations
I always buy locally produced meat.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 29, 2022, 09:36:00 PM
Some cheap Lamb from NZ will be good
Oh, you mean like we had before the EU was around? The same cheap NZ Lamb that didn't catastrophically destroy UK farmers 30 years ago?
You must have been warned that this new strain of NW Lamb will decimate our farming? ;)
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 29, 2022, 09:36:00 PM
Some cheap Lamb from NZ will be good

To Pappy's neighbours? Are you sure that is wise? Excellent people I dare say, but no point in raising their hopes and expectations
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on November 29, 2022, 07:36:36 PM
No trade deals that are any good for Britain.

Actually they are if you are a rich Tory, but they get altered before they can benefit the poor folk at The Lizard
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: BBC News  on November 29, 2022, 07:00:11 PM

Liz Truss has said a new US-UK trade deal is unlikely in the "short to medium term".

Source: Brexit: What trade deals has the UK done so far?
No trade deals that are any good for Britain.

BBC News

Liz Truss has said a new US-UK trade deal is unlikely in the "short to medium term".

Source: Brexit: What trade deals has the UK done so far?