A blast from my past.

Started by papasmurf, December 05, 2022, 08:40:53 PM

« previous - next »

morayloon

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2022, 07:48:00 AM
I hate bagpipes as much as I hate Tories.
Nothing like a gathering of massed pipe bands to stir the blood

https://youtu.be/vpUyp60qwwk

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on December 07, 2022, 10:10:15 AM
Which is totally lost.

Pappy,  have you no idea what 'irony' is?

Yeah, it's like 'goldy' and 'bronzy' only it's made of iron.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 07, 2022, 09:47:44 AM
Nick it it VERY bad netiquette to criticise people about that. (But as you have no idea what debate is, that is only to be expected.)
Oh, the irony.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 07, 2022, 09:17:21 AM
Says the person that can't write a sentence correctly. 😝
Nick it it VERY bad netiquette to criticise people about that. (But as you have no idea what debate is, that is only to be expected.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 07, 2022, 07:28:43 AM
Nick need re-educating badly, he is as out of touch as the Tory MP where I live.
Says the person that can't write a sentence correctly. 😝 

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on December 07, 2022, 12:57:12 AM
I think you and Nick should go head to head in a thread of your own.
Nick need re-educating badly, he is as out of touch as the Tory MP where I live.

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2022, 06:28:55 PM
Borchester every time there is a Tory government, I get something done to me not for me.

The childish people are those who still support the Tories despite them being corrupt, callous, incompetent and totally out of touch.
I think you and Nick should go head to head in a thread of your own. One of you hates the Tories so much you can see no good in them ever. The other loves them so much that he cannot see any wrong in anything they do ever.

It would be an interesting display with both participants with their heads buried in the sand and their arses in the air out of which they are speaking.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Borchester every time there is a Tory government, I get something done to me not for me.

Lucky devil. But is that really the sort of thing to mention on an open forum and in mixed company? :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

The childish people are those who still support the Tories despite them being corrupt, callous, incompetent and totally out of touch.
I'll think about that when I am flying to Cuba in April. 🥂 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 06, 2022, 06:11:07 PM
Yes there is

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2022, 03:50:52 PM
There is nothing childlike about my deep hatred of Tory governments.

Yes there is
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 06, 2022, 03:00:09 PM
That requires the removal of the current government.

No excuses Pappy. The UK had a Conservative leader during WWII and that did not stop him doing the right thing. In fact, you might consider Peniakoff as something of a role model. He described himself and his first wife as being on terms of friendly diagreement. No rolling around the floor and having a hate fest, just a civilised divorce. And the bit where he forced a fellow officer back into the battle line at pistol point. Popski said that he was glad that did not have to shoot the man if for no other reason that he was so poor a shot that he would probably have missed him.

So let us have a bit of humour rather than this continual and childlike hate
There is nothing childlike about my deep hatred of Tory governments. It has taken over 60 years to mature.
If you are suggesting I use Popski like tactics to get rid of the Tory government, be careful what you wish for.

Borchester

That requires the removal of the current government.

No excuses Pappy. The UK had a Conservative leader during WWII and that did not stop him doing the right thing. In fact, you might consider Peniakoff as something of a role model. He described himself and his first wife as being on terms of friendly diagreement. No rolling around the floor and having a hate fest, just a civilised divorce. And the bit where he forced a fellow officer back into the battle line at pistol point. Popski said that he was glad that did not have to shoot the man if for no other reason that he was so poor a shot that he would probably have missed him.

So let us have a bit of humour rather than this continual and childlike hate
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2022, 12:00:52 PM
Smokey Joe's café Cornwall. Motorcycle Rallies, interesting people I meet. 45th wedding anniversary in a few days. Reading, currently waiting for delivery of Popski's Private Armyby Peniakoff, Vladimir Paperback, early edition, I recently met his grand daughter.
Just a sample.
You forgot your wife, she'll be furious. ;D
† The end is nigh †