So where's the loyalty?

Started by T00ts, December 10, 2022, 09:45:44 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 12, 2022, 02:49:36 PM
40 odd hours is still not long hours, it's probably the norm for most people.
You do realise unless you are stupid enough to sign away your rights unless you are in an exempted job the maximum working hours per week is 48 hours.

Maximum weekly working hours: Overview - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on December 12, 2022, 09:04:47 AM
I usually work closer to 50 hours a week. I have been spoken to by my managers about working excessive hours. They will impose restrictions if I try to work any more. Over-worked employees are more prone to making cash handling mistakes for one thing. So please try and speak out of the right orifice if you are going to speak about me at all.
40 odd hours is still not long hours, it's probably the norm for most people. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on December 12, 2022, 04:57:51 AM
The issue is your definition of damn hard, I would hazard a guess you do about 30 hours a week if not less and you define your job as long hours.
I usually work closer to 50 hours a week. I have been spoken to by my managers about working excessive hours. They will impose restrictions if I try to work any more. Over-worked employees are more prone to making cash handling mistakes for one thing. So please try and speak out of the right orifice if you are going to speak about me at all.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 11, 2022, 09:04:56 PM
Quite right Pappy.

So what are you going to do about it?
What I would like to do about it is not for publication on an internet forum.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on December 10, 2022, 09:45:44 AM
I am so disappointed with you all. Here we are in the midst of a crisis of perception. Many are freaking out about the weather, the economy and life in general while across the pond there is a duo determined to make this country look like the worst in the world with our reputation being dragged into the gutter.

This evening a few guys wearing white shirts will hopefully do their best to raise spirits and send France home yet I am the only one who has shown any sign of national support. The World cup thread is almost bare so come on you lot change your avatar and show some national pride.There are enough knocking everything English, it's time to stand up for the flag!

The balls are not pointy enough and the "sportsmen" (i use that term loosely) are required to kick the ball UNDER the bar (which i understand they failed to do, in the end) and Tony Blair decreed that I am required to piss on this lot from a greet height (which is wierd as normally if anyone I'd be cheering for Norway anyway being an ethnic viking)

In other circumstances I wouldn't have any interest but my newly acquired son in law is a bit miffed that once again the lions are returning to their den without a kill. I did tell him the lions do sod all except sit around and wave their dicks in the air from time to time, its the lionesses that do the killing but it seems african zoology isnlt his strong point.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on December 11, 2022, 09:11:02 PM
Many of these poor you speak of are working damned hard to help themselves already, and the rich are often in part becoming so by leeching off them.
The issue is your definition of damn hard, I would hazard a guess you do about 30 hours a week if not less and you define your job as long hours. 

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on December 11, 2022, 09:11:02 PM
Many of these poor you speak of are working damned hard to help themselves already, and the rich are often in part becoming so by leeching off them.

I do love this scene, which is why I keep repeating it.

Plus of course, at the end all the lefties sell out :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVy7pMw0dz0

Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on December 11, 2022, 08:29:15 PMYou don't do yourself any favours by constantly calling for the rich to be poorer, you never advocate the poor doing a bit more to help them selves. 

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 11, 2022, 08:47:08 PM
But the filthy rich have got filthy richer since May 2010, and the number of poor have increased.
That is NOT acceptable.
Quite right Pappy.

So what are you going to do about it?

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 11, 2022, 08:29:15 PM
You don't do yourself any favours by constantly calling for the rich to be poorer, 
But the filthy rich have got filthy richer since May 2010, and the number of poor have increased.
That is NOT acceptable.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on December 11, 2022, 07:34:27 PM
The country is in a terrible state after 12 and a half years of your lot dragging us down whilst enriching themselves and their mates. And I'm the one talking  rubbish for not accepting that as a good thing?

Instead you spout the usual shite about envy or some such rubbish, whilst blaming overspending when the problem has often been massive cuts self-defeatingly shrinking the economy. Growth has flatlined this past 12 years or at best been pitifully sluggish. Those who caused this have certainly been culpable of dragging us all down.

But I guess we can all go waving flags and pretending everything is wonderful. But I will wager that no matter how many flags get waved, everything does not look wonderful from a shop doorway whilst shivering under a blanket.
You don't do yourself any favours by constantly calling for the rich to be poorer, you never advocate the poor doing a bit more to help them selves. 
Tony Bliar and his mate across the pond started the global descent by totally destabilising the whole of the Middle East, the world hasn't been right since.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on December 11, 2022, 07:34:27 PM

But I guess we can all go waving flags and pretending everything is wonderful. But I will wager that no matter how many flags get waved, everything does not look wonderful from a shop doorway whilst shivering under a blanket.
They don't care. (Which is shameful.)

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on December 10, 2022, 01:40:48 PM
Oh give me strength! What a load of rubbish that is. Once again anyone who has anything that you don't approve of is guilty of doing everyone else down. We all know that people are struggling and yes some of it is down to bad decisions in the past taken under unusual duress. The bills for that are coming in but many were very happy to take all the gifts at that time with no thought for who was going to pay. They have decided that we will as far as possible, not future generations. Yes some won't need to pull in their belts  but that is their good fortune. Payments to help are still being made which we will have to pay for again on top of what we currently owe, but of course those who simply want to drag the country down don't fancy that do they? They just want parity!
The country is in a terrible state after 12 and a half years of your lot dragging us down whilst enriching themselves and their mates. And I'm the one talking  rubbish for not accepting that as a good thing?

Instead you spout the usual shite about envy or some such rubbish, whilst blaming overspending when the problem has often been massive cuts self-defeatingly shrinking the economy. Growth has flatlined this past 12 years or at best been pitifully sluggish. Those who caused this have certainly been culpable of dragging us all down.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on December 10, 2022, 03:00:37 PM
Oh gosh why do I feel reprimanded just because I suggested a bit of light hearted support later today? I would be the last to deify anything other than our Maker. Never mind I won't bother again.
That's forumming for you. Butt Kick
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 10, 2022, 02:29:17 PM
I shall watch the match with Mrs tonight and be hoping for an England win.
However, I consider my Englishness simply an accident of birth and I don't believe we are not here to deify our country or worship a football team.
No flags out here, I don't possess one. We do have a Christmas tree in the conservatory with flashing lights, visible from the road, is that OK? ;)

Oh gosh why do I feel reprimanded just because I suggested a bit of light hearted support later today? I would be the last to deify anything other than our Maker. Never mind I won't bother again.