I am not saying that I don't like a bit of snow, but

Started by Borchester, December 13, 2022, 11:58:29 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2022, 07:51:31 PM
Have you got the donor, if not you're wasting your time.

Dunno.

I usually leave a bottle of water and flour out and let nature take its course. But it is so cold that maybe the bugs have hibernated

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on December 13, 2022, 02:05:35 PM

Funnily enough I was thinking of making some sourdough yeast, but I am not sure if it will work in this weather.

Still, no harm in trying :)
Have you got the donor, if not you're wasting your time. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2022, 12:03:57 PM
After 300 road accidents in the area last weekend and minor roads unsalted and sheets of ice, plus advice to the clinically extremely vulnerable to stay indoors, plus advice to car drivers not to bother, I have just cooked a loaf of bread using seven year old flour and seven year old died yeast. (It has turned out a lot better than I expected.)

Funnily enough I was thinking of making some sourdough yeast, but I am not sure if it will work in this weather.

Still, no harm in trying :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on December 13, 2022, 01:00:16 PM
Why do I suspect it was old and crusty...?
Suspect away, I am just eating a slice, nothing wrong with it. (I put the dried yeast in milk and sugar and gave it an hour at 40C in the combination oven before putting it in with the flour.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2022, 12:03:57 PM
After 300 road accidents in the area last weekend and minor roads unsalted and sheets of ice, plus advice to the clinically extremely vulnerable to stay indoors, plus advice to car drivers not to bother, I have just cooked a loaf of bread using seven year old flour and seven year old died yeast. (It has turned out a lot better than I expected.)
Why do I suspect it was old and crusty...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

I spoke to the guy Im building a house for and agreed to ignore each other until next week at the earliest . I did suggest after Christmas but he went into a panic attack ,something about his wife wanting to put the curtains up before Easter .

Anyway im stopping in , the fridge is full of beer and the shopping was delivered yesterday . Heatings ramped up and Im going to have a kip if the gritter doing laps around the estate sods off and gives me a bit of peace .

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 13, 2022, 11:58:29 AM
I can't go outside the door without falling arse over tea kettle, I can't garden because I can't see what the hell I am gardening and well, that is it really
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

I can't go outside the door without falling arse over tea kettle, I can't garden because I can't see what the hell I am gardening and well, that is it really
Algerie Francais !