Border force? Stay out!

Started by T00ts, December 23, 2022, 11:23:00 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2022, 12:22:07 PM
I am a realist not blinkered by a religious type of belief in the Tory party/government. Anyone who thinks squaddies can be trained up in a very short time to cover for strikers is frankly living in cloud cuckoo land. (No disrespect for squaddies by the way.)
Yeah, because someone who is trained to make split second decisions on whether to end someone's life can't scan a passport and look at the information on the screen and decide whether to let them in. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2022, 01:17:33 PM
You're wasting your time T00ts, he's as slippery as an Eel.

Nick it has been a major news item all day on all British TV news current affairs.  Don't you have a televison?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2022, 11:42:48 AM
Which ones?
You're wasting your time T00ts, he's as slippery as an Eel. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2022, 11:28:55 AM
T00ts due to the lack of training the lack of expertise in spotting wrong'uns through no fault of their own the army are letting people in who should not be let in.
Yet more rubbish you've made up and have absolutely no proof. 

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2022, 12:10:00 PM
Do you realise how much of a pessimist you seem to be? I have no doubt that there will be those who will delight, like you, in any failures. This is all orchestrated to bring down the current Government which action no doubt you support.
I am a realist not blinkered by a religious type of belief in the Tory party/government. Anyone who thinks squaddies can be trained up in a very short time to cover for strikers is frankly living in cloud cuckoo land. (No disrespect for squaddies by the way.)

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2022, 12:05:30 PM
T00ts all of the mainstream TV news stations, they have been rabbiting on about it all morning. The other point is departures are not a problem because the majority of people have biometric passports. (Camera logo at the bottom of the passport they have been issued since 2010.)

The problem is with non UK passport holders entering the UK. A significant number of whom will not have biometric passports.
Do you realise how much of a pessimist you seem to be? I have no doubt that there will be those who will delight, like you, in any failures. This is all orchestrated to bring down the current Government which action no doubt you support. 

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2022, 11:42:48 AM
Which ones?
T00ts all of the mainstream TV news stations, they have been rabbiting on about it all morning. The other point is departures are not a problem because the majority of people have biometric passports. (Camera logo at the bottom of the passport they have been issued since 2010.)

The problem is with non UK passport holders entering the UK. A significant number of whom will not have biometric passports.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2022, 11:34:45 AM
Other news sources and travel experts being interviewed on TV news current affairs this morning. The Daily Mail never lets the truth get in the way of a good story.
Which ones?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2022, 11:29:51 AM
Who says?
Other news sources and travel experts being interviewed on TV news current affairs this morning. The Daily Mail never lets the truth get in the way of a good story.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2022, 11:28:55 AM
T00ts due to the lack of training the lack of expertise in spotting wrong'uns through no fault of their own the army are letting people in who should not be let in.
Who says?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2022, 11:23:00 AM
It seems that the army is showing Border Force workers how it should be done. Lots of praise for their efficiency and  fewer queues. Perhaps the Border Force shirkers will shoot themselves in the foot. The expected chaos has simply not materialised.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11568675/Border-Force-strike-busiest-Xmas-three-years-Passengers-told-expect-delays-six-airports.html

T00ts

It seems that the army is showing Border Force workers how it should be done. Lots of praise for their efficiency and  fewer queues. Perhaps the Border Force shirkers will shoot themselves in the foot. The expected chaos has simply not materialised. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11568675/Border-Force-strike-busiest-Xmas-three-years-Passengers-told-expect-delays-six-airports.html