Border force? Stay out!

Started by T00ts, December 23, 2022, 11:23:00 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2022, 06:15:24 PM
We have just had our 45th wedding anniversary. (My wife's reply to your comment when she finished laughing I can't repeat in the forum the forum automatic censor would not allow it.)
Source of star anise found. (via the village message board.)
You must be so proud. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2022, 07:19:33 PM
My wife suggested that you get a life. (that is the only bit I can quote.)
LOL Easily said

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2022, 06:22:36 PM
Well I'm glad she had a good laugh, I would have been mortified if my husband had referred to me thus.
My wife suggested that you get a life. (that is the only bit I can quote.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2022, 06:15:24 PM
We have just had our 45th wedding anniversary. (My wife's reply to your comment when she finished laughing I can't repeat in the forum the forum automatic censor would not allow it.)
Well I'm glad she had a good laugh, I would have been mortified if my husband had referred to me thus. 

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2022, 06:01:17 PM
Please don't call your wife 'ball and chain' it is so disrespectful.

Nick

Nah 😉 

patman post

and Trouble & Strife has the excuse of being rhyming slang...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2022, 05:41:19 PM
As stated in another thread earlier I suspect the ball and chain is using it as an excuse to go out for a drink. (There is nowhere open locally tomorrow.)

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2022, 05:38:20 PM
Well you don't need to SEARCH for Star Anise then.
As stated in another thread earlier I suspect the ball and chain is using it as an excuse to go out for a drink. (There is nowhere open locally tomorrow.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2022, 05:32:20 PM
Nick we rarely use star anise and but the Ball and Chain wrongly thought we had some. We have several of the substitutes anyway,

• Anise Seed.
  • Fennel Seed.
  • Chinese Five Spice.
  • Cloves.
  • Allspice.
Well you don't need to SEARCH for Star Anise then. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2022, 04:47:26 PM
That's where you live made the mistake, you should never run out of ingredients, you should always have another packet ready to be opened when the first one expires. You then go and buy another when you're next out and about. As someone who cooks a lot of Thai, Indian and Vietnamese food I have around a 100 different spices and always have a backup ready to go.
Nick we rarely use star anise and but the Ball and Chain wrongly thought we had some. We have several of the substitutes anyway,

• Anise Seed.
  • Fennel Seed.
  • Chinese Five Spice.
  • Cloves.
  • Allspice.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2022, 04:10:39 PM
Outside? Lawns? You must be joking. Have you seen the weather forecast for tomorrow?  The back "garden" is what the French call bocage. When my wife get back from a search for star anise, the stone will be rolled over the cave entrance until next year.
That's where you live made the mistake, you should never run out of ingredients, you should always have another packet ready to be opened when the first one expires. You then go and buy another when you're next out and about. As someone who cooks a lot of Thai, Indian and Vietnamese food I have around a 100 different spices and always have a backup ready to go. 

papasmurf

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 24, 2022, 03:56:55 PM
Gosh, you really do carry Christmas in your heart all year round don't you Pappy?

Even so, enjoy your Christmas lunch on the lawns at Smurf Manor. 
Outside? Lawns? You must be joking. Have you seen the weather forecast for tomorrow?  The back "garden" is what the French call bocage. When my wife get back from a search for star anise, the stone will be rolled over the cave entrance until next year.