Enter Sir Brian the Astrophysicist

Started by johnofgwent, December 31, 2022, 12:19:50 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 31, 2022, 11:07:08 AM
Ah yes, in past years I was an avid fan

i see the reaper has a special bonus prize. Pope Benedict has been called to Head Office. 
Oddly nothing happening on the Vatican live feed on satellite of St.Peter's Square.  (Usually something on at Midday Italian time 11.00 hours UK time.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 31, 2022, 10:58:48 AM
That is what makes the Royal Institution Christmas lectures so interesting.
Ah yes, in past years I was an avid fan

i see the reaper has a special bonus prize. Pope Benedict has been called to Head Office. I hope he likes his new job in charge of maintaining the central heating in the children's wing.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 31, 2022, 10:11:01 AM

Yes, us scientists are a mixed bunch.
That is what makes the Royal Institution Christmas lectures so interesting.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

I see you looked up steatopygia then ...

Yes, us scientists are a mixed bunch.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 31, 2022, 12:19:50 AM
I fear the world is going to enter a new phase of freak show science

It must have been a good fifty years ago that eminent astrophysicist Brian May first set to music his admittedly curious postulate that the earths rotation was driven to a measurable degree by the gravitational imbalances caused through excessive steatopygia in distaff Homo sapiens juveniles

And now it seems a reckless King seeking popularity has granted him a knighthood in recognition of his postulations.

Whatever Next

May is a Remainer and a supporter of Caroline Lucas, which are clear evidence of serious flaws in his character.

On the other hand, he is a musician, a supporter of animal rights and a scientist so he obviously has more right to his knighthood than many others who have just furnished their helms via service to party funds

Arise Sir Brian !!
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

I fear the world is going to enter a new phase of freak show science

It must have been a good fifty years ago that eminent astrophysicist Brian May first set to music his admittedly curious postulate that the earths rotation was driven to a measurable degree by the gravitational imbalances caused through excessive steatopygia in distaff Homo sapiens juveniles

And now it seems a reckless King seeking popularity has granted him a knighthood in recognition of his postulations.

Whatever Next