I guess some people just don't get irony?

Started by Sheepy, January 03, 2023, 05:32:18 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 04, 2023, 10:14:10 AM
As I just told you they get sent away, so they are not the ones filling hospitals or swamping A&E or the ones dying in corridors or waiting for ambulances for hours. Or while waiting for treatment and dying in the meantime.
That still take up time because of the sheer number of time wasters, (the police have the same problem with time wasting 999 callers.)
The problem with the NHS is 12 years of Tory governments, causing staff shortages. Before the pandemic with waiting list was 4.5 million, now it is over 7 million. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2023, 09:56:28 AM
The sheer number of time wasters still takes up precious time, at A&E departments.
As I just told you they get sent away, so they are not the ones filling hospitals or swamping A&E or the ones dying in corridors or waiting for ambulances for hours. Or while waiting for treatment and dying in the meantime. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 04, 2023, 09:48:23 AM
If you turn up with a broken fingernail you get sent away. So that is more nonsense.
The sheer number of time wasters still takes up precious time, at A&E departments. 

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
That and bedblockers are a major part of the problem, as well as the underfunding and staff shortages.
If you turn up with a broken fingernail you get sent away. So that is more nonsense.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 04, 2023, 12:38:19 AM
A terrible situation but I do hear stories from friends in the NHS that people think nothing of showing up at A&E with a cold, and even a broken fingernail.
That and bedblockers are a major part of the problem, as well as the underfunding and staff shortages.

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on January 04, 2023, 12:19:33 AM
Our main hospital is well beyond its reasonable capacity. My wife was admitted on Monday and despite her being a red level assessment it was 45 minutes for her to be triaged. She spent most of Monday in a chair in the A&E reception room before they were able to get her a corridor trolly in one of the wards. She overheard the nurses today saying that there was standing room only in A&E left.
A terrible situation but I do hear stories from friends in the NHS that people think nothing of showing up at A&E with a cold, and even a broken fingernail. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nalaar

Our main hospital is well beyond its reasonable capacity. My wife was admitted on Monday and despite her being a red level assessment it was 45 minutes for her to be triaged. She spent most of Monday in a chair in the A&E reception room before they were able to get her a corridor trolly in one of the wards. She overheard the nurses today saying that there was standing room only in A&E left. 
Don't believe everything you think.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on January 03, 2023, 05:32:18 PM
NHS pressure 'unbearable' as hospitals start warning patients to stay away from A&E unless they are dying (msn.com)
There wouldn't be much point if I was dying, just die quietly would be more in line with policy.
Trouble with that advice is in a lot of cases folk wouldn't know if they were or not  , about to die that is .

papasmurf

Sheepy