Humour in the bible.

Started by Nalaar, January 10, 2023, 02:33:36 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 31, 2023, 06:54:52 AM
Not in a spiritual sense no . In some societies more historic than current to be fair Gods were the Sun ,the Moon ,the rain or the Volcano . All of these were visible and physical gods

As I said not everyones god is the same though maybe I should have said most  people  believe in a God of some sort .

I believe that there is probably some sort of God, but not that he is all powerful or very bright.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on January 30, 2023, 09:14:52 PM
I don't believe in God, there is not one single shred of evidence to point to there being a God.
Not in a spiritual sense no . In some societies more historic than current to be fair Gods were the Sun ,the Moon ,the rain or the Volcano . All of these were visible and physical gods 

As I said not everyones god is the same though maybe I should have said most  people  believe in a God of some sort .

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 30, 2023, 07:42:40 PM
Everyone believes in God toots , its just some peoples god is different to others
I don't believe in God, there is not one single shred of evidence to point to there being a God. 
As said before, if every science book and every religious book were destroyed and Man's memory wiped, in a few thousand years the science books would be back in almost the exact same form, the religious books would either not exist at all or be a totally different story. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on January 30, 2023, 06:59:43 PM
Well in an effort to counteract those who would determine that no-one should believe in God when He is so evident all around us. If ever there were a time for us all to be looking higher then it would be now. How is it working in this world where increasing numbers are persuaded that there is nothing to live for and no future to be concerned about? A world where the truth is seen as lies and the lies as truth?

So

Ecclesiastes 3:4

a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.

Genesis 21:6

Sarah said, 'God has brought me laughter and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me'

This isn't really the point of the Gospel though is it? If God didn't want us to laugh then we would not have the ability, and who are we to ask for jokes and humour in the scriptures? Man is that he might have joy - not based on the lies fed to us by the adversary.

'There is no God'.
'You would not be good enough to matter to Him anyway'
'This world is too scary and wicked for anyone to find real happiness'
'When you die there is nothing else'
'If there was a God nothing bad would happen'
'It's just a myth to keep the masses in line'

The list goes on and on. Satan has refined his lies for millennia, after all he isn't called the father of all lies for no reason. I find it increasingly sad that so many are persuaded into believing any of them and yet too many pride themselves on denying the information to the point that many are forbidden their own decision.

Lastly the Bible together with all scriptures are not easy read material full of mindless jokes and lightheaded meaningless words. It is a map, a clearly documented account of the past and the future with clear instructions of what is required of us to find a peace and joy that is fast fading from this declining world. My own experience and study tells me that knowing for certain that God loves each and every one of us no matter what, does in truth give a peace and joy that although the concerns and worries often try to dominate, allows a deep core of contentment that I would hope for all to know.
Everyone believes in God toots , its just some peoples god is different to others 

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on January 30, 2023, 06:59:43 PM
Well in an effort to counteract those who would determine that no-one should believe in God when He is so evident all around us. If ever there were a time for us all to be looking higher then it would be now. How is it working in this world where increasing numbers are persuaded that there is nothing to live for and no future to be concerned about? A world where the truth is seen as lies and the lies as truth?

So

Sarah said, 'God has brought me laughter and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me'

This isn't really the point of the Gospel though is it? If God didn't want us to laugh then we would not have the ability, and who are we to ask for jokes and humour in the scriptures? Man is that he might have joy - not based on the lies fed to us by the adversary.

'There is no God'.

The list goes on and on. Satan has refined his lies for millennia, after all he isn't called the father of all lies for no reason. I find it increasingly sad that so many are persuaded into believing any of them and yet too many pride themselves on denying the information to the point that many are forbidden their own decision.

Lastly the Bible together with all scriptures are not easy read material full of mindless jokes and lightheaded meaningless words. It is a map, a clearly documented account of the past and the future with clear instructions of what is required of us to find a peace and joy that is fast fading from this declining world. My own experience and study tells me that knowing for certain that God loves each and every one of us no matter what, does in truth give a peace and joy that although the concerns and worries often try to dominate, allows a deep core of contentment that I would hope for all to know.
Satan ?
Isn't that the guy who's rumoured to deliver toys to dyslexic children...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

So

'There is no God'.

Streetwalker

Genesis 1,   God made the world in 7 days 

Luke 1,26  The virgin Mary Story 

Borchester

Quote from: Nalaar on January 10, 2023, 02:33:36 PM
Does anyone have examples of humour in the bible or in
John 8:3-11

Jesus is gently taking the piss out of the scribes and Pharisees

I dare say that Toots will know of a few more.
Algerie Francais !

Nalaar

Does anyone have examples of humour in the bible or in its allegories?
Don't believe everything you think.