Doom mongers wrong again.

Started by Nick, January 13, 2023, 02:52:54 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 02, 2023, 03:09:08 PM
Have you tried welcoming them?
No because there are FAR too many of them. They are wrecking Cornwall.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 25, 2023, 01:43:47 PM

Also there may have been far too many tourists last year but they kept their wallets firmly closed.

Have you tried welcoming them?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 25, 2023, 05:40:20 AM
Same as that . Its coastline is worth the walk but its hospitality sector needs putting in special needs
The hospitality industry is havingserious problems because they can't get staff because there is nowhere for staff to live due to overtourism, second home, holiday lets, and airbandb hogging more or less all the available housing.
Also there may have been far too many tourists last year but they kept their wallets firmly closed.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on January 25, 2023, 12:03:48 PM
Same attitude as the Welsh, we don't want you to come, just send your money.
:)

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 25, 2023, 05:40:20 AM
Same as that . Its coastline is worth the walk but its hospitality sector needs putting in special needs
Same attitude as the Welsh, we don't want you to come, just send your money. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on January 24, 2023, 11:54:49 PM
Poor judgment definitely, I made that mistake in 2021.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 24, 2023, 07:39:11 PM
Who cares , Cornwall is nothing more than a holiday resort for poor people ;)
Poor judgment definitely, I made that mistake in 2021. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 24, 2023, 05:00:03 PM
It isn't just me saying so, it has been subject to debate in the Houses of Parliament, and question by MPs to the relevant ministers of state. (Even my (Tory,) MP put his head up above the parapet yesterday and ask two related questions.
Who cares , Cornwall is nothing more than a holiday resort for poor people ;)

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on January 24, 2023, 11:51:16 AM
I thought that we were in recession, with Christmas cancelled and Tiny Tim instead of a turkey.

So it looks as though we are weathering the storm quite nicely
The above is what shows up as Reply #35 on my iPad...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on January 24, 2023, 05:58:49 PM
Your reply #35 appears to show that lacing your thermos of coffee with whatever's stashed in your allotment shed is more potent than Alzheimer's....

?

You made reply #35 Pat
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on January 24, 2023, 02:08:14 PM
I was not aware that I thought that.

I know that Cornwall is a financial and social disaster because Pappy says so. And I have been through various economic ups and downs and can't say that they have bothered me or mine, so I am not troubled
Your reply #35 appears to show that lacing your thermos of coffee with whatever's stashed in your allotment shed is more potent than Alzheimer's....
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 24, 2023, 02:08:14 PM

I know that Cornwall is a financial and social disaster because Pappy says so. 
It isn't just me saying so, it has been subject to debate in the Houses of Parliament, and question by MPs to the relevant ministers of state. (Even my (Tory,) MP put his head up above the parapet yesterday and ask two related questions.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on January 24, 2023, 12:47:49 PM
Strange observation when you're the one thinking the UK is in recession, while I don't believe we are, and could still dodge it...

I know that Cornwall is a financial and social disaster because Pappy says so. And I have been through various economic ups and downs and can't say that they have bothered me or mine, so I am not troubled
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on January 24, 2023, 12:40:16 PM
So if the news is bad you believe it and if it is good you dismiss it as Tory lies?
Strange observation when you're the one thinking the UK is in recession, while I don't believe we are, and could still dodge it...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on January 24, 2023, 12:00:38 PM
Is that the reading of the runes from the compost heap?

Reports I take seriously either claim we are heading for recession, or that we should manage to dodge one — crunch time is forecast to be the end of the year...

So if the news is bad you believe it and if it is good you dismiss it as Tory lies?
Algerie Francais !