Jacinda Ardern has resigned

Started by Borchester, January 19, 2023, 03:32:30 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

More amusingly, a Blair protege that time has caught up with.
That net is sure closing in.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Barry on January 19, 2023, 10:05:00 AM
What an excellent spin you put on that.

Then look at the comments after the newspaper articles this morning.
One from a Kiwi who could not travel back to their own country for any reason for almost 18 months, virtually cancelling their citizenship.
Ardern - a lockdown and jab fanatic, enforcing jabs.
She knew there is no way she can win at the next election as her draconian policies were hated in her own country, so she jumped before she's pushed.
As for the greatest leaders, keep on debating. We need to get rid of the other control freaks now, like Trudeau, Macron and Biden.
Apparently she's ahead in the polls. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 19, 2023, 10:05:00 AM

One from a Kiwi who could not travel back to their own country for any reason for almost 18 months, virtually cancelling their citizenship.
She knew there is no way she can win at the next election as her draconian policies were hated in her own country, so she jumped before she's pushed.
As for the greatest leaders, keep on debating. We need to get rid of the other control freaks now, like Trudeau, Macron and Biden.

I suppose the advantage we have in the UK is that while our politicos are just keen on controlling everything as anyone else, they are pretty ineffectual and can be safely ignored. The ones abroad seem to get everyone worked up so are probably much more efficient.:)
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on January 19, 2023, 08:04:41 AM
She is one of the greatest leaders of the western world in terms of character and integrity and just doing the job exceptionally well. She puts our sorry shower - and that of many other countries - to shame. Compare her to the likes of Boris, Trump, Bolsonaro, Truss, Sunak, Starmer, Biden, Farage, Macron, Putin, Le Pen, Orban, Xi Jinping, and all the rest of the shit we and the rest of the world have come up with. There is just no comparison.

The only one I can think of who matches her in leadership and integrity is Volodomir Zelenski

She even decided to leave with good grace whilst at the height of her power rather than clinging to it to the last. Perhaps because the power itself was not a majot motivator for her. Compare that to Starmer for whom no lie is too big and who'd sell his gran for power. Or Boris who clung to it shamelessly for so long in spite of everything. If only we had leaders like her.

As for the greatest leaders, keep on debating. We need to get rid of the other control freaks now, like Trudeau, Macron and Biden.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Like most Labour leaders she promised a lot and delivered little . A good face for government and as borky says a cheery soul who in the end realised her policies were not what were wanted even if she was 

srb7677

She is one of the greatest leaders of the western world in terms of character and integrity and just doing the job exceptionally well. She puts our sorry shower - and that of many other countries - to shame. Compare her to the likes of Boris, Trump, Bolsonaro, Truss, Sunak, Starmer, Biden, Farage, Macron, Putin, Le Pen, Orban, Xi Jinping, and all the rest of the shit we and the rest of the world have come up with. There is just no comparison.

The only one I can think of who matches her in leadership and integrity is Volodomir Zelenski

She even decided to leave with good grace whilst at the height of her power rather than clinging to it to the last. Perhaps because the power itself was not a majot motivator for her. Compare that to Starmer for whom no lie is too big and who'd sell his gran for power. Or Boris who clung to it shamelessly for so long in spite of everything. If only we had leaders like her.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Shame that. I don't know much about her politics, but she always seemed to be a cheery soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWmecuK8M-8
Algerie Francais !