Nadhim Zahawi's clear he's paid all his tax due in UK - Deputy PM

Started by BBC News , January 22, 2023, 07:00:20 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 24, 2023, 02:12:12 PM
Fortunately Pappy, they have you and legions of other amateur grasses eager to do the dirty on their neighbours :)
Borchester, that as per usual from you is lies about me. The mega tax evaders/micky mouse tax avoidance types cannot be spotted by neighbourhood watch as for a start they do not live amongst us mere mortals. HMRC have been given a load of offshored account details but have as yet done next to nothing with the information handed to them on a plate.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 24, 2023, 12:36:42 PM
I suspect if HMRC had more investigation staff they would find he is just the tip of the iceberg.

Fortunately Pappy, they have you and legions of other amateur grasses eager to do the dirty on their neighbours :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 24, 2023, 12:35:17 PM
I tend to agree.

But it appears HMRC has decided that it was a careless oversight and not deliberate — though it seems he's on the maximum penalty of 30%...
I suspect if HMRC had more investigation staff they would find he is just the tip of the iceberg.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on January 24, 2023, 07:57:23 AM
And paid a fine, so he had done something wrong. If he can't run his own finances properly he should not be in public office.
I tend to agree.

But it appears HMRC has decided that it was a careless oversight and not deliberate — though it seems he's on the maximum penalty of 30%...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 23, 2023, 04:07:22 PM
Thats chicken feed when you look at the £30Billion his one and only budjet cost the UK . Still ,if hes broken the law put him in chains , if not his taxes are  between him and the taxman .

I don't know why, but this sort of thing always reminds me of when I was on the PAYE run. Once a week I would get on my bike and poddle round the streets picking up cheques, which I would hand over to the cashier along with my mileage claim.

And one day I was called in by the Collector in Charge who waved my claim at me and demanded to know what was going on.

What did he mean I asked? What was the problem?

It was for £1.11 he said. It is always for £1.11. Why was it always for £1.11? It looks suspicious.

I said that the route was 30 miles long and I got 3.7p a mile. 30 x 3.7p = £1.11

I don't care said the CC, it looks odd. Questions are being asked.

For Christ's sake Bruce, I protested, I have just brought in a million bloody quid in taxes and you are worrying about 3.7p one way or another?

Yes, said Bruce. Change it.

So I did and thereafter my expenses claims were either an extra 8p up or down.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 23, 2023, 09:47:04 PM
Exactly, he hasn't broken the law. He didn't pay something, HMRC said you owe us something and he said OK and paid it. Starter knows he can't win an election on policy or charisma so he has to do it on smear.
And paid a fine, so he had done something wrong. If he can't run his own finances properly he should not be in public office.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 23, 2023, 04:07:22 PM
Thats chicken feed when you look at the £30Billion his one and only budjet cost the UK . Still ,if hes broken the law put him in chains , if not his taxes are  between him and the taxman .
Exactly, he hasn't broken the law. He didn't pay something, HMRC said you owe us something and he said OK and paid it. Starter knows he can't win an election on policy or charisma so he has to do it on smear. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 23, 2023, 03:08:40 PM
Quite, especially when £5-£6 million is involved.
Thats chicken feed when you look at the £30Billion his one and only budjet cost the UK . Still ,if hes broken the law put him in chains , if not his taxes are  between him and the taxman . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 23, 2023, 02:30:12 PM
Or as we were inclined to say when I was in HMRC, nice try Mr Cohen, but this one you lost :)
Quite, especially when £5-£6 million is involved.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 23, 2023, 12:53:00 PM
Thats the game for anyone that does their own tax return . Sometimes you do and sometimes you dont ;)

Or as we were inclined to say when I was in HMRC, nice try Mr Cohen, but this one you lost :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 23, 2023, 08:39:28 AM
Only after he got found out.
Thats the game for anyone that does their own tax return . Sometimes you do and sometimes you dont ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: BBC News  on January 22, 2023, 07:00:20 PM

Deputy Prime Minister Dominic Raab defends ex-Chancellor Nadhim Zahawi, amid tax avoidance claims.

Source: Nadhim Zahawi's clear he's paid all his tax due in UK - Deputy PM
Only after he got found out.

BBC News

Deputy Prime Minister Dominic Raab defends ex-Chancellor Nadhim Zahawi, amid tax avoidance claims.

Source: Nadhim Zahawi's clear he's paid all his tax due in UK - Deputy PM