Nadhim Zahawi's clear he's paid all his tax due in UK - Deputy PM

Started by BBC News , January 22, 2023, 07:00:20 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on January 25, 2023, 12:02:18 AM
HMRC don't care who or what made a mistake, they just issue fines. I got fined £22K by HMRC for a mistake my accountant made, HMRC acknowledged I did nothing wrong and that it was my accountant that made a mistake but they said it's your tax account so you get the fine.
As the inland revenue made clear, they issue statutory demands for unpaid tax plus interest where they feel there is an 'honest mistake' and penalty payments where they consider there was some degree of deliberate action.

They can't FINE you they can only impose a penalty payment so if they did that they decided you broke their limits on what they considered legal.

if they merely added interest they were doing what you claimed.

in my cade they chose to hit me with 8% interest and a 10% penalty for claiming bed and breakfast expenses while installing the jubilee line extension saying I was not entitled to claim a business expense while asleep.

which shows the fucking stupidity of the inland revenue but I screwed them for far more as a result of their hostility. And I really enjoyed taking them to task over gays and lesbians being exempt from ir35.

I screwed them for a sum in excess of 20k plus interest for their incorrect application of S660 and their threat to refer me to trusts and settlements caused a dismissal of a tax inspector. But the finest hour was when the Special Boat Squadron detained the tax inspector who thought he could substitute himself for me at a nuclear sun base without warning. THAT was fun, damn fun.

Zahawi was hit for the max possible penalty. 30% on top of unpaid plus interest.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 29, 2023, 05:50:46 PM
Nadhim Zahawi has been sacked. Yet again Nick you rubbish my comments without frankly knowing damned thing about what The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists has uncovered, and continues to uncover and the now large number of people who have been found out/prosecuted.

Nadhim Zahawi committed a serious breach of ministerial code, says Sunak - BBC News

49 minutes ago

Nadhim Zahawi has been sacked as Tory Party chairman after an inquiry by the PM's ethics adviser found he had failed to disclose that HMRC was investigating his tax affairs.

The PM said Sir Laurie Magnus's inquiry made clear there had been a "serious breach of the ministerial code".
Rishi Sunak asked for the investigation after reports Mr Zahawi had paid HMRC a penalty over previously unpaid tax.

He's been sacked for breaking the ministerial code, not declaring his mistake. Nothing to do with breaking tax law which is what I said. So yes, your comments were bollocks as usual. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 29, 2023, 05:50:46 PM
Nadhim Zahawi has been sacked. Yet again Nick you rubbish my comments without frankly knowing damned thing about what The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists has uncovered, and continues to uncover and the now large number of people who have been found out/prosecuted.

Nadhim Zahawi committed a serious breach of ministerial code, says Sunak - BBC News

49 minutes ago

Nadhim Zahawi has been sacked as Tory Party chairman after an inquiry by the PM's ethics adviser found he had failed to disclose that HMRC was investigating his tax affairs.

The PM said Sir Laurie Magnus's inquiry made clear there had been a "serious breach of the ministerial code".
Rishi Sunak asked for the investigation after reports Mr Zahawi had paid HMRC a penalty over previously unpaid tax.

He has been sacked over a breach of the ministerial code not for anything he would end up in court over with regard his tax affairs .
Sunaks a puppet does and says what he is told to

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 25, 2023, 08:31:41 PM
Avoiding tax isn't necessarily about a scheme, putting money back into a business avoids paying tax, a generous expenses scheme avoids tax. You just think of the Paradise Papers cause you know nothing of running a business.
Nadhim Zahawi has been sacked. Yet again Nick you rubbish my comments without frankly knowing damned thing about what The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists has uncovered, and continues to uncover and the now large number of people who have been found out/prosecuted.

49 minutes ago

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 25, 2023, 01:52:26 PM
Not different at all, when HMRC deems a mickey mouse avoidance scheme set up by dodgy accountants and equally dodgy legal eagles who frankly should be facing jail time, (which is apparently is being considered by the current government,) those dodgy avoidance schemes are ever more often being deemed evasion by HMRC.
Avoiding tax isn't necessarily about a scheme, putting money back into a business avoids paying tax, a generous expenses scheme avoids tax. You just think of the Paradise Papers cause you know nothing of running a business. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 25, 2023, 12:01:04 PM
Totally different.
Not different at all, when HMRC deems a mickey mouse avoidance scheme set up by dodgy accountants and equally dodgy legal eagles who frankly should be facing jail time, (which is apparently is being considered by the current government,) those dodgy avoidance schemes are ever more often being deemed evasion by HMRC.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 25, 2023, 05:57:07 AM
Mickey mouse avoidance schemes often end up as being deemed as evasion by HMRC
Totally different. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 25, 2023, 12:10:51 AM
Avoiding paying tax is not illegal so you're wrong, I do it all the time.
Mickey mouse avoidance schemes often end up as being deemed as evasion by HMRC

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 24, 2023, 06:34:55 PM
It is when all it is for is to evade, and mickey mouse avoid tax. (Even more so when HMRC has no knowledge of such accounts until whistle blowers and investigative journalists tell them about it.)
Avoiding paying tax is not illegal so you're wrong, I do it all the time. 

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 24, 2023, 05:33:03 PM
That's not exactly the case though is it.

The nicest and cleanest spin I can put on this is he, like a certain foul mouthed comedian, believed his accountant when told it would be all right to squirrel funds away in a Gibraltar hush fund.

The less attractive spin is he f**king knew exactly what he was doing and has been found guilty (by the revenue, in whose eyes we are all guilty until proven innocent, and I use those words deliberately) and chosen to pay up to HMRC so the problem goes away.

I know exactly how the process works because it was a Tory piece of shit who had me dragged through the very same process for having the audacity to claim as a business expense the B&B I was staying at.

The Inland Revenue Tax Rottweiler from John Majors era said to me and I quote 'how can you possibly claim this is a business expense when you are sleeping, not carrying on business'

I paid up, tried to look happy and from that day forward found ways to screw the taxman to the f**king wall. You would not believe how many ways I found to legally avoid letting the ***ts put their shovel in my stores. To quote the high court judge from the case in my sig.

But now we have the boot on the other foot. The shitebag at the top of the f**king tree that screwed me is himself shown to be a less than honest piece of shit

Hang the £££&
You don't know, it's pure supposition. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 24, 2023, 07:57:23 AM
And paid a fine, so he had done something wrong. If he can't run his own finances properly he should not be in public office.
HMRC don't care who or what made a mistake, they just issue fines. I got fined £22K by HMRC for a mistake my accountant made, HMRC acknowledged I did nothing wrong and that it was my accountant that made a mistake but they said it's your tax account so you get the fine. 

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on January 24, 2023, 06:07:46 PM
I did not know that it was wrong to have an offshore account Pappy and can only thank you for setting me straight. :)
Well that's a bit of a sore point isn't it.

it isn't illegal to have an offshore bank account but Gordon brown made it so banks allowing them were persuaded to close them on pain if unwelcome attention
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 24, 2023, 06:07:46 PM
I did not know that it was wrong to have an offshore account Pappy and can only thank you for setting me straight. :)
It is when all it is for is to evade, and mickey mouse avoid tax. (Even more so when HMRC has no knowledge of such accounts until whistle blowers and investigative journalists tell them about it.)

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 24, 2023, 04:57:05 PM
Borchester, that as per usual from you is lies about me. The mega tax evaders/micky mouse tax avoidance types cannot be spotted by neighbourhood watch as for a start they do not live amongst us mere mortals. HMRC have been given a load of offshored account details but have as yet done next to nothing with the information handed to them on a plate.

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on January 23, 2023, 09:47:04 PM
Exactly, he hasn't broken the law. He didn't pay something, HMRC said you owe us something and he said OK and paid it. Starter knows he can't win an election on policy or charisma so he has to do it on smear.
That's not exactly the case though is it.

The nicest and cleanest spin I can put on this is he, like a certain foul mouthed comedian, believed his accountant when told it would be all right to squirrel funds away in a Gibraltar hush fund.

The less attractive spin is he f**king knew exactly what he was doing and has been found guilty (by the revenue, in whose eyes we are all guilty until proven innocent, and I use those words deliberately) and chosen to pay up to HMRC so the problem goes away.

I know exactly how the process works because it was a Tory piece of shit who had me dragged through the very same process for having the audacity to claim as a business expense the B&B I was staying at.

The Inland Revenue Tax Rottweiler from John Majors era said to me and I quote 'how can you possibly claim this is a business expense when you are sleeping, not carrying on business'

I paid up, tried to look happy and from that day forward found ways to screw the taxman to the f**king wall. You would not believe how many ways I found to legally avoid letting the ***ts put their shovel in my stores. To quote the high court judge from the case in my sig.

But now we have the boot on the other foot. The shitebag at the top of the f**king tree that screwed me is himself shown to be a less than honest piece of shit

Hang the £££&