Low-tax Tories reignite Liz Truss WhatsApp group

Started by SKY News, February 04, 2023, 01:00:14 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 06, 2023, 08:21:04 AM
He know how to post the same boring one-liners on a daily basis.
Unfortunately for you data and actuarial evidence that challenge your assumptions are not boring.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on February 05, 2023, 08:36:46 PM
You know more about everything than anyone else Pappy, as you have so often told us :)
He know how to post the same boring one-liners on a daily basis.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on February 05, 2023, 02:57:54 PM
Liz as PM might be a step too far, though, seeing the damage she inflicted on the UK in just 44 days. 
Was it Truss though ? Or was it the markets prefering Sunak crashed the pound and get their man in place ? 

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 05, 2023, 10:20:13 AM
Borchester I know a lot more about politics than most on this forum, who seem to be in total ignorance of what is happening.

You know more about everything than anyone else Pappy, as you have so often told us :)
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on February 05, 2023, 12:34:07 AM
You never can tell John

Boris is demanding tax cuts while Sunak is just sitting there like cheese at fourpence and waiting for Jeremy Hunt to give him his orders. I would not have thought it a month ago, but it looks as though the blond moppet is preparing for another bid for the top job. And there is no reason why he should not take our Liz along with him

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/02/03/boris-johnson-tories-sho
If he couldn't make it pay enough last time without putting out the begging bowl, is he likely to find enough donors to fund all his outgoings if he tries for another bash?

Mind you, he might see himself as a senior celebrity guru in front of the scenes running a puppet PM and administration. Liz as PM might be a step too far, though, seeing the damage she inflicted on the UK in just 44 days. But a loud-enough sigh of relief if she's not proposed could waft "Crew Johnson" into Tory leadership...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 05, 2023, 10:07:56 AM
It is called politics Pappy. We will explain it to you when you are older :)
Borchester I know a lot more about politics than most on this forum, who seem to be in total ignorance of what is happening.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 05, 2023, 08:53:43 AM
Truss appears to be suffering from BSE, Blame Someone Else.

It is called politics Pappy. We will explain it to you when you are older :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Truss appears to be suffering from BSE, Blame Someone Else.

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 04, 2023, 11:22:14 PM
She's got some Sunday Paper Column

Well she wont be on the Front Bench again any time soon, she coupd do with the extra money
You never can tell John

Boris is demanding tax cuts while Sunak is just sitting there like cheese at fourpence and waiting for Jeremy Hunt to give him his orders. I would not have thought it a month ago, but it looks as though the blond moppet is preparing for another bid for the top job. And there is no reason why he should not take our Liz along with him

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/02/03/boris-johnson-tories-sho
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: SKY News  on February 04, 2023, 01:00:14 PM

A WhatsApp group once used to support Liz Truss' leadership campaign has begun to see several MPs joining once again, sources have told Sky News.

Source: Low-tax Tories reignite Liz Truss WhatsApp group
She's got some Sunday Paper Column

Well she wont be on the Front Bench again any time soon, she coupd do with the extra money
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

SKY News

A WhatsApp group once used to support Liz Truss' leadership campaign has begun to see several MPs joining once again, sources have told Sky News.

Source: Low-tax Tories reignite Liz Truss WhatsApp group