Brexit turmoil hindered investment in the UK, minister concedes

Started by SKY News, February 15, 2023, 01:00:20 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 17, 2023, 01:59:24 PM
How is it fake? The article mentions 2 separate orders.

https://www.rolls-royce.com/media/press-releases/2023/14-02-2023-trent-xwb-rr-announces-biggest-ever-order-of-trent-xwb-97-engines-as-air-india-signs-mou.aspx

Just happens to be the first time an Indian airline has bought RR engines, can't possibly be down to Brexit, must be a coincidence.

Rolls-Royce (LSE: RR., ADR: RYCEY) today announces it has received an order from Air India for 68 Trent XWB-97 engines, plus options for 20 more. This is the biggest ever order for the Trent XWB-97, which exclusively powers the Airbus A350-1000. Air India has also ordered 12 Trent XWB-84 engines, the sole engine option for the Airbus A350-900.
No it can't be down to Brexit because it's actually an order levered by orders to an EU based company

And your post as written with that 'India has ordered 12 RR engines in biggest order ever.' was effectively asserting it was the biggest RR order. 

But I shouldn't have jumped in like I did so apologies.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 17, 2023, 12:13:27 PM
Fake news alert

The article claims only it's the largest order from India for LEAP engines and guess what?  Rolls Royce don't make LEAP engines, CFM do.

And how you see what order might actually have occurred as a result of Brexit will be interesting.
How is it fake? The article mentions 2 separate orders.

https://www.rolls-royce.com/media/press-releases/2023/14-02-2023-trent-xwb-rr-announces-biggest-ever-order-of-trent-xwb-97-engines-as-air-india-signs-mou.aspx

Just happens to be the first time an Indian airline has bought RR engines, can't possibly be down to Brexit, must be a coincidence. 

Rolls-Royce (LSE: RR., ADR: RYCEY) today announces it has received an order from Air India for 68 Trent XWB-97 engines, plus options for 20 more. This is the biggest ever order for the Trent XWB-97, which exclusively powers the Airbus A350-1000. Air India has also ordered 12 Trent XWB-84 engines, the sole engine option for the Airbus A350-900.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 17, 2023, 06:08:16 AM
In other news...

AirIndia, which just happens to be owned by TATA, like most things in India has ordered 12 RR engines in biggest order ever. That's the effect Brexit is having.

https://m.timesofindia.com/business/india-business/air-india-places-largest-ever-leap-engine-and-rolls-royce-trent-xwb-97-engine-order/amp_articleshow/97928834.cms
Fake news alert

The article claims only it's the largest order from India for LEAP engines and guess what?  Rolls Royce don't make LEAP engines, CFM do.

And how you see what order might actually have occurred as a result of Brexit will be interesting.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 17, 2023, 10:37:40 AM
True

Pappy only wants to keep business out of Cornwall :)
That is a blatant lie.  It would be very difficult for new business of any size to open up in Cornwall because the over tourism has hogged all the property where the staff would need to live.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 12:29:47 PM
Where have I commented about Brexit keeping business out of the UK?

True

Pappy only wants to keep business out of Cornwall :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on February 17, 2023, 06:08:16 AM
In other news...

AirIndia, which just happens to be owned by TATA, like most things in India has ordered 12 RR engines in biggest order ever. That's the effect Brexit is having.

https://m.timesofindia.com/business/india-business/air-india-places-largest-ever-leap-engine-and-rolls-royce-trent-xwb-97-engine-order/amp_articleshow/97928834.cms
That brings back a memory . I used to brick the kilns at the deeside plant in north Wales that supplied Titanium for RR Engines back in the 80's  ,the process included dynamiting the crucibles every couple of hours ,noisy buggers .  But no that was just what jogged the Memory ,  she was ..... ;)

Nick

In other news...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 02:57:48 PM
But I have NOT commented on that.
FFS, you said Brexit is responsible for that.

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2023, 07:36:22 AM
The infighting and the Tories stabbing Boris in the back did that, Brexit isn't responsible for that. Typical reporting, outlining the issue but prefixing it with the word Brexit.
But Brexit IS responsible for that. The ONLY reason I voted remain was because I knew the Tories would make a complete bog of Brexit.

papasmurf

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 12:29:47 PM
That is what this news post is about, keep up. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2023, 10:20:53 AM
Your bore is irrelevant, but show the proof Brexit is keeping businesses out of U.K. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 08:25:22 AM
But Brexit IS responsible for that. The ONLY reason I voted remain was because I knew the Tories would make a complete bog of Brexit.
Your bore is irrelevant, but show the proof Brexit is keeping businesses out of U.K.  

Borchester

The infighting and the Tories stabbing Boris in the back did that, Brexit isn't responsible for that. Typical reporting, outlining the issue but prefixing it with the word Brexit.

Not exactly up to the minute reporting either. No mention of that little lass up in Scotland resigning and seeking woods and pastures new. Sky only seems to have three stories

(a) Brexit fails

(b) economy fails

(c) Pappy's meds fail.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf