Main Menu

Balloons!

Started by Sampanviking, February 17, 2023, 11:21:29 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2023, 06:50:20 PM
Really! You wouldn't recognise satire if it but you on the arse.
Satire, due to most people meaning exactly what they write on internet forums is impossible to detect.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 06:19:54 PM
Nick it is you who have had a sense of humour byepass.
Really! You wouldn't recognise satire if it but you on the arse. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2023, 05:52:24 PM
When did I say I had no choice? I made a satirical comment about 5 star hotels and spit, you've clearly had the same sense of humour operation that Smurf had.
I don't scrimp on anything, I don't have to as my customers always pay my expenses.
Nick it is you who have had a sense of humour byepass.

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on February 20, 2023, 02:25:27 PM
I dont know Wenzhou personally, but a five d
second search revealed a Sheritan, a Pullman and a Shangri La in the top four. If you want to slum it in budget motels to save a few bob, that your prerogative, but don't BS about not having a choice.
When did I say I had no choice? I made a satirical comment about 5 star hotels and spit, you've clearly had the same sense of humour operation that Smurf had.
I don't scrimp on anything, I don't have to as my customers always pay my expenses. 

Sampanviking

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2023, 06:03:08 AM
Not in the arse end of nowhere places I go to, for example Wenzhou. You get hotels like Sunshine Holiday hotel, where nobody speaks a word of English.
Do you think people throwing them selves of buildings to escape a fire cause the authorities locked the emergency routes during Covid is tabloid lies?
I dont know Wenzhou personally, but a five d
second search revealed a Sheritan, a Pullman and a Shangri La in the top four. If you want to slum it in budget motels to save a few bob, that your prerogative, but don't BS about not having a choice.

srb7677

I suspect an agenda of some kind, by whom and for what purpose I cannot figure out and could only speculate about anyway. But I doubt whether this has much to do about Chinese spying. After all why would they F@@@ about with balloons when they have the capacity to do what the USA has done and put hundreds of spy satellites into orbit. There are bound to be many Chinese spy satellites already up there. Why would they even need to faff about with balloons? I suspect the Chinese are just trying to guage reactions, whilst the Americans are posturing for public consumption by shooting them down. But who knows? All I know is that the Chinese surely do not need balloons to spy on the USA
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on February 19, 2023, 03:15:40 PM
And then you wonder why I wonder if you are just a BS merchant, every premier International Hotel chain is well represented in China in all cities down to at least Tier 3, anybody that has actually been there would know that. As for the rest, just the usual tabloid tropes and strawmen.
Nothing of course to do with the topic which is a Bat Shit crazy US administration shooting down hobbyists balloons while raving about UFO's
We can talk about the state of the US Rail Network, its one derailments a year and the current major toxic crash event in Wast Palestine Ohio, that they keep arresting journalists for when they try to report beyond the press statement talking points.

USA today looks like a third world country, but with nukes.
Not in the arse end of nowhere places I go to, for example Wenzhou. You get hotels like Sunshine Holiday hotel, where nobody speaks a word of English. 
Do you think people throwing them selves of buildings to escape a fire cause the authorities locked the emergency routes during Covid is tabloid lies?

Sampanviking

Quote from: Nick on February 18, 2023, 11:05:49 AM
I don't stop in 5 star hotels in China, not sure I've ever seen one. I go for the hotel with the least spit on the floor ;).
Of course it's getting better, for a start they had demonstrations a few months ago and didn't get shot or run over by tanks, but I suppose you believe the government that it never happened, like they have done nothing to the Uyghur people. When I first went to China they still wore uniforms with their number on it, that's gone now, they have Weixin cause Facebook is blocked.
Still a long long way off being a free society though.
And then you wonder why I wonder if you are just a BS merchant, every premier International Hotel chain is well represented in China in all cities down to at least Tier 3, anybody that has actually been there would know that. As for the rest, just the usual tabloid tropes and strawmen.
Nothing of course to do with the topic which is a Bat Shit crazy US administration shooting down hobbyists balloons while raving about UFO's
We can talk about the state of the US Rail Network, its one derailments a year and the current major toxic crash event in Wast Palestine Ohio, that they keep arresting journalists for when they try to report beyond the press statement talking points.

USA today looks like a third world country, but with nukes.

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on February 18, 2023, 10:01:40 AM
Errr no - I reposted some videos from guys that do live there but I never claimed that was me and I have no idea where you get the idea that it was??!!
It is true that I reposted them because I found that they confirmed the opinions that I had reached during my visits and expanded on them considerably.
I think it just shows that you did not bother to watch any of them, otherwise that would pretty obvious.
As to the rest: well you don;t get to understand a country in part or whole from 5 Star Hotels and Corporate Hospitality Suites, especially; if you when you travel, you take all your prejudices with you.

I have a lot of family in China Nick and the news flow from them is constant and has been for decades, they bitch about a lot, traffic, the weather, inflation, rising housing costs etc etc, but all have express that many things are much better than before and keep getting and will keep getting better. In short, confidence in the future and the heart of that confidence stems from confidence in the establishment and leadership of the nation. Based on what I have seen over the last 25 years, I think that confidence is well placed.
I do not have any such confidence in the establishment or leadership of the West, which really has degenerated into the Clown Show of a media circus.
I don't stop in 5 star hotels in China, not sure I've ever seen one. I go for the hotel with the least spit on the floor ;).
Of course it's getting better, for a start they had demonstrations a few months ago and didn't get shot or run over by tanks, but I suppose you believe the government that it never happened, like they have done nothing to the Uyghur people. When I first went to China they still wore uniforms with their number on it, that's gone now, they have Weixin cause Facebook is blocked.
Still a long long way off being a free society though.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Nick on February 17, 2023, 06:51:16 PM
But you did a full series of videos, walking and talking in China. Never actually saying you lived there but built a persona that you did. It matters not, but I've lived and worked the full length of China from Beijing through Xiemen to Guangzhou. I know you can't trust a word that comes out of the official channels yet you disregard everything that is reported in the west, even though it transpires you have spent little time there.
Are you aware the demonstrations that happened because the government locked and welded fire escapes to stop residents getting out during lockdown. People were jumping over 20 floors to escape a fire in a tower block, you put your faith in this regime. The fact the country has fapiao shows the entire country is corrupt.
Errr no - I reposted some videos from guys that do live there but I never claimed that was me and I have no idea where you get the idea that it was??!!
It is true that I reposted them because I found that they confirmed the opinions that I had reached during my visits and expanded on them considerably.
I think it just shows that you did not bother to watch any of them, otherwise that would pretty obvious.
As to the rest: well you don;t get to understand a country in part or whole from 5 Star Hotels and Corporate Hospitality Suites, especially; if you when you travel, you take all your prejudices with you.

I have a lot of family in China Nick and the news flow from them is constant and has been for decades, they bitch about a lot, traffic, the weather, inflation, rising housing costs etc etc, but all have express that many things are much better than before and keep getting and will keep getting better. In short, confidence in the future and the heart of that confidence stems from confidence in the establishment and leadership of the nation. Based on what I have seen over the last 25 years, I think that confidence is well placed.
I do not have any such confidence in the establishment or leadership of the West, which really has degenerated into the Clown Show of a media circus.

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on February 17, 2023, 12:33:11 PM
No I have never lived permanently in China and have never claimed otherwise, just visits to family over many years. I did answer you I am sure at the time.
My family are mostly in the South, Hong Kong and the rest of Guangdong Province, especially in Shenzhen and Guangzhou. These not surprisingly are the areas I know best.
I have visited other areas but only as a tourist and so have not had the insider experience that I get when I visit the South, in Cantonese speaking areas.
But you did a full series of videos, walking and talking in China. Never actually saying you lived there but built a persona that you did. It matters not, but I've lived and worked the full length of China from Beijing through Xiemen to Guangzhou. I know you can't trust a word that comes out of the official channels yet you disregard everything that is reported in the west, even though it transpires you have spent little time there.
Are you aware the demonstrations that happened because the government locked and welded fire escapes to stop residents getting out during lockdown. People were jumping over 20 floors to escape a fire in a tower block, you put your faith in this regime. The fact the country has fapiao show the entire country is corrupt.

papasmurf

Sampanviking

Quote from: Nick on February 17, 2023, 12:02:25 PM
For someone who allegedly lived in China you know very little about them. You still never answered my question from months ago about where you lived and visited in China!
No I have never lived permanently in China and have never claimed otherwise, just visits to family over many years. I did answer you I am sure at the time.
My family are mostly in the South, Hong Kong and the rest of Guangdong Province, especially in Shenzhen and Guangzhou. These not surprisingly are the areas I know best.
I have visited other areas but only as a tourist and so have not had the insider experience that I get when I visit the South, in Cantonese speaking areas.

Sampanviking

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 17, 2023, 11:24:50 AM
Maybe so

But you of course believe(or rather, want to make US believe) the bullshit that the first one was nothing to do with espionage and the fact it was wandering over three missile silos was pure councidence.
About the Chinese Balloon? Nobody has denied that it was a Chinese balloon. As for its purpose? well maybe a "spy " balloon or maybe not. China has hundreds of SOTA military satellites in orbit, are the only country to have their own permanently manned space station and have robot rovers on both The Moon and Mars, so the notion that they need to use balloons to collect intel over CONUS is farcical. Now it may be that a balloon based platform can provide info that a Satellite cannot, in which they will be a class of platform that everybody will use.

This however is not what the thread was about. It was about the unhinged reporting last week about alien UFO's over North America unrelated to the Chinese balloon.

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on February 17, 2023, 11:21:29 AM
And the clown show continues......

After a bizarre week in which the White House declared war on the Planet Zarb and sent the USAAF to shot down the alien invasion recon forces, we here this

https://aviationweek.com/defense-space/aircraft-propulsion/hobby-clubs-missing-balloon-feared-shot-down-usaf

Yes an Illinois ballooning hobby club suspect that a balloon that they launched may have been shot down by an F-22

Just for the record, an F-22 cost about $85k an hour to put in the air and each of its Sidewinder missiles come in at about $485k
The Pico balloons used by the hobbyist cost between $12 and $180 dollars each.

Such is the quality of those that lead the West..........:D:D:D
For someone who allegedly lived in China you know very little about them. You still never answered my question from months ago about where you lived and visited in China!