NI protocol

Started by GerryT, February 19, 2023, 01:41:42 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 06, 2023, 10:19:39 AM
If it was 'always about sovereignty' how come Leave had to tell so many lies about how good the economy would be as a result of Brexit?

Because it was only 'always about sovereignty' to a small fraction of the electorate.  You may have been in that but to the majority the jobs, wages, taxes and prices which is the real in your face economy matters far more.  So you managed to con millions of them, nothing to be proud of.
As I was going to say before I hit post by mistake , If your going to use the economy as a guide to how well Brexit is doing you could at least have the decency to wait until the process is complete because as far as Im concerned we haven't left yet .
Apart from N ireland still being in the single market and all that entails  the Financial markets  are  still governed under EU laws which ties up billions of our £'s  ,our waters are still occupied by foriegn fishing fleets ,ECJ rulings are still binding on retained EU law as well as the rights of our EU citizens .
We are also still under obligation to pay vast sums of money to the EU under the WA . 

The Tories have failed , where is the de regulation , the bonfire of EU laws , Why are we still tied to the EU in so many ways ? We can't even build non combat security vessels without first offering the job of doing so to the EU . Its fecking madness ,we were supposed to have our freedom from Brussels  but we have nothing like it . 

When we have we can start disecting whether Brexit is working ,until then we are talking about Government policy not Brexit 

Sheepy

I did my bit, I sent them an emissary so they know they are not alone and left to the globalists to have their way with them.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on March 06, 2023, 10:46:07 AM
It would be half interesting if you could make a coherent point, but you persist with mumblings. When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
It isn't for me to make the point, it is a job for the Irish themselves, throwing them a lifeline should be a natural reaction, which tomorrow it is said will be thrown.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on March 06, 2023, 10:27:47 AM
Not really, I am still waiting for the backlash Irish so called politicians are receiving for race replacement therapy on the Irish to be reported, I might be waiting a while.
It would be half interesting if you could make a coherent point, but you persist with mumblings. When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on March 06, 2023, 10:22:26 AM
Yep, more rambling nonsense. Outdoing yourself these days.

Not really, I am still waiting for the backlash Irish so called politicians are receiving for race replacement therapy on the Irish to be reported, I might be waiting a while.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on March 05, 2023, 06:24:51 PM
Well certainly not the grave you have dug for the Irish in fact I hear many are refusing to be pushed in alive.
Yep, more rambling nonsense. Outdoing yourself these days.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 06, 2023, 06:21:02 AM
It was always about sovereignty so how have we 'shifted' ?  The economy will though fall in line behind the UK when full sovereinty is restored  . If you are going to use economi
If it was 'always about sovereignty' how come Leave had to tell so many lies about how good the economy would be as a result of Brexit?

Because it was only 'always about sovereignty' to a small fraction of the electorate.  You may have been in that but to the majority the jobs, wages, taxes and prices which is the real in your face economy matters far more.  So you managed to con millions of them, nothing to be proud of.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on March 05, 2023, 06:20:57 PM
 Everyone knows Brexit is a failure economically. Even the hardened Brexiteers on here have shifted the argument to "it was always about sovereignty". 
It was always about sovereignty so how have we 'shifted' ?  The economy will though fall in line behind the UK when full sovereinty is restored  . If you are going to use economi

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 05, 2023, 07:00:42 PM
Yes I have shown comparisons. (Just compare the two links I posted earlier. One was for the UK one was for Europe, Britain is far worse due to Brexit.)
You have posted 2 links, after you said you'd already done so, so you were being dishonest.

UK from your link. 
13.3% of businesses surveyed in November 2022 said they experienced a shortage, according to a Parliamentary report. Proportions go up to 35.5% for Accommodation and food services, and 20.7% for Construction.

EU from your link. 
In France, around half of the companies recently surveyed by the largest French employers' association CPME were trying to hire. Of them, 94% say they struggle to find the right fit – or any candidates, for that matter.

Across the Rhine, the picture looks very similar. As many as 87% of German family businesses surveyed by the Munich-based Ifo Institute on behalf of the foundation for family businesses said they felt the effects of the workers' shortage.

How is the UK worse?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 05, 2023, 05:29:43 PM
No you haven't, more lies.

You have never shown comparisons to other countries and I'm not doing the work for you.
Yes I have shown comparisons. (Just compare the two links I posted earlier. One was for the UK one was for Europe, Britain is far worse due to Brexit.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on March 05, 2023, 05:42:21 PM
Still no idea what you're dancing around
Well certainly not the grave you have dug for the Irish in fact I hear many are refusing to be pushed in alive.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on March 05, 2023, 05:29:43 PM

You have never shown comparisons to other countries and I'm not doing the work for you.
Nick you're tiresome. Everyone knows Brexit is a failure economically. Even the hardened Brexiteers on here have shifted the argument to "it was always about sovereignty". A simple search and a pretty good article in the FT at the end of last Nov, just over 3 months ago. You have the bank of England, saying all ready UK is down 3% and stating back in 2016 the UK was 90% the size of Germany economy and now it's 70%, the OBR says GDP will be 4% smaller, with a 100b a yr hit. At the time of the article the UK economy was the only G7 country to not have regained to where it was pre pandemic in 2019. On top of this you have Sterling falling by over 10% and it hasn't recovered, costing the average wage to fall by 2.9% in real terms. Another effect found is the fall in foreign investment, taking into consideration covid and how all countries have been affected, the UK is lagging behind because of Brexit to the tune of 60b a year.
An interesting one is that most countries saw a boom in trade during 2021, but not in the UK. ALso imports from the EU are nearly back to old numbers but exports are down 26% from where they would have been without the brexit barriers.
Jeremy Hunt does not accept the OBR estimate but thinks there are big opportunities out there. Me thinks more unicorn thinking and blinkers are on 100%.

https://www.ft.com/content/e39d0315-fd5b-47c8-8560-04bb786f2c13
Now if you have something to show how the UK economy has not been affected by brexit I'd love to see it, just for some balance in this debate. If not...well maybe your best buddy is Jeremy Hunt.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on March 05, 2023, 03:02:22 PM
So your Irish colleagues were right at the very start somethings we can only sort out amongst ourselves, while politicians and their entourage bluster away to themselves.
Still no idea what you're dancing around

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 05, 2023, 02:39:29 PM
I have numerous times. Your cognitive dissonance prevents you from accepting it.  Labour shortages are worse in the UK because of Brexit.

Brexit: UK immigration system found to contribute to labour shortages – EURACTIV.com

Labour shortages felt all over Europe – EURACTIV.com

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on March 05, 2023, 02:57:09 PM
No comment so
So your Irish colleagues were right at the very start somethings we can only sort out amongst ourselves, while politicians and their entourage bluster away to themselves.