Strange notification

Started by patman post, February 19, 2023, 04:04:50 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 24, 2024, 10:01:38 PM
Uhhh...

We're really sorry about this, but due to an angry bear server issues we could not load this forum. Our technicians are aware of this problem and hope to have the Err Bear under control this situation sorted shortly!
As the forum didn't load I have no log of the error sorry. Most likely down to the host server.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Uhhh...

We're really sorry about this, but due to an angry bear server issues we could not load this forum. Our technicians are aware of this problem and hope to have the Err Bear under control this situation sorted shortly!
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Yes Ive got a mention appeared as well , from BOycey in 2022 lol

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

And now it's gone. 

My eye has been drawn to the Profile section ever since I noticed the [1] up there.  I think I'm going to miss it...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2023, 04:57:53 AM
It will have been there since she mentioned you.
Flattering though that might be, why only that mention when there were others before, and have been others since...?

PS — apologies JoG, I'm not firing on all cylinders today. You've put my mind at rest on the conundrumit's the @somebody that gets the mentioned noticed...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on February 19, 2023, 04:04:50 PM
Not worrying but strange — by the Profile heading when I log in is the number [1].

Clicking on it shows I've been mentioned by Toots nearly a year ago. I don't know how long this indication has been there as I seldom refer the whole line of headings alongside Home...
It will have been there since she mentioned you. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 19, 2023, 08:28:50 PM
I usually view the forum on my phone and rarely notice the "mentions". I don't know if they even appear in the mobile template. I had to fire up a laptop i rarely use about an hour ago, popped in here and saw i too had a mention from a while back. I wonder if I can even mention a two word username @patman post
It seems I can, but having done so i cannot revert to normal type to modidy the code to say so, so i had to quote myself
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on February 19, 2023, 04:04:50 PM
Not worrying but strange — by the Profile heading when I log in is the number [1].

Clicking on it shows I've been mentioned by Toots nearly a year ago. I don't know how long this indication has been there as I seldom refer the whole line of headings alongside Home...
I usually view the forum on my phone and rarely notice the "mentions". I don't know if they even appear in the mobile template. I had to fire up a laptop i rarely use about an hour ago, popped in here and saw i too had a mention from a while back. I wonder if I can even mention a two word username @patman post
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post