Hi Sue , listen Ive got an offer for you

Started by Streetwalker, March 03, 2023, 07:01:57 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on March 06, 2023, 07:07:54 PM
Possibly a curry and beer trap, but it still looks to me like an avoidable mistake in timing by Starmer.

Nevertheless, Boris's retirement honours list looks like taking a bit of edge off the Gray announcement...
I  thought it was Pizza and Beer and yes Angela was there ;)

But yes things move quickly , another day another reason to stop voting for any of them .

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on March 06, 2023, 06:51:16 PM
Highly personal opinion. I suspect Starmer has set a bear trap for the Tories.
Possibly a curry and beer trap, but it still looks to me like an avoidable mistake in timing by Starmer.

Nevertheless, Boris's retirement honours list looks like taking a bit of edge off the Gray announcement...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on March 06, 2023, 06:29:23 PM
Does anyone seriously think our so called impartial civil servants , do not have political preferences of their own ?
It's not as if this kind of thing hasnt happened before . And by the Tories, themselves. This is no more than another example of it's fine as long as it goes their way.
In this case all that is called into question is the submission made by Johnson, and the Tories ,that anyone can be expected to be more than professional if called upon to judge any issue . Sue Gray could just as well have had Tory leanings, she would still have been expected to be even handed in her judgements, The Tories chose this lady , they did everything possible to convince us she was an honest broker, this is nothing more than sour grapes . And if anyone seriously thinks the civil servants in Whitehall do not have  political leanings ,>:(
Highly personal opinion. I suspect Starmer has set a bear trap for the Tories.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

Does anyone seriously think our so called impartial civil servants , do not have political preferences of their own ?
It's not as if this kind of thing hasnt happened before . And by the Tories, themselves. This is no more than another example of it's fine as long as it goes their way.
In this case all that is called into question is the submission made by Johnson, and the Tories ,that anyone can be expected to be more than professional if called upon to judge any issue . Sue Gray could just as well have had Tory leanings, she would still have been expected to be even handed in her judgements, The Tories chose this lady , they did everything possible to convince us she was an honest broker, this is nothing more than sour grapes . And if anyone seriously thinks the civil servants in Whitehall do not have  political leanings ,>:( 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 05, 2023, 06:45:37 AM
Well apparentley its all above board ,the lady has unquestionable integrity and acted impartially when looking at the Tories taking the piss out of everyone who had been confined to barracks for 12 months

If however Sue Gray had joined the Tories six months after saying nothing that had happened was against the rules , that indeed it was just an in work break (nothing to see here ) the Labour benches would be jumping up and down with steam coming  out of every orifice while  substituting intergrity with sleaze .

As Johnson alludes , does this now make the whole report null an viod , a Labour stitch up of the highest order ?
Well quite but of course we know that in fact she did indeed give a very suspicious clearance to Boris by only investigating him for the most mild cases of his blatant own rule breaking.

She was played and one has to suspect Starmer has been played here too.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on March 04, 2023, 11:16:22 PM
I would not have though Starmer would have been so cack handed, but there you go.

Ars Poetica indignor quandoque bonus dormitat Homerus, as Boris or Bernard Woolley would have it
Well apparentley its all above board ,the lady has unquestionable integrity and acted impartially when looking at the Tories taking the piss out of everyone who had been confined to barracks for 12 months 

If however Sue Gray had joined the Tories six months after saying nothing that had happened was against the rules , that indeed it was just an in work break (nothing to see here ) the Labour benches would be jumping up and down with steam coming  out of every orifice while  substituting intergrity with sleaze .

As Johnson alludes , does this now make the whole report null an viod , a Labour stitch up of the highest order ?

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 03, 2023, 07:01:57 AM
This has got a smell about it

The woman that headed the inquiry into partygate  ,the one that said it was a party  party and Johnson was having a party at the party which eventually led to his being booted out of Downing street has ......been invited to be Starmers chief of staff .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11813007/Partygate-probe-official-Sue-Gray-quits-Starmers-chief-staff.html

I would not have though Starmer would have been so cack handed, but there you go.

Ars Poetica indignor quandoque bonus dormitat Homerus, as Boris or Bernard Woolley would have it

Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 03, 2023, 07:01:57 AM

The woman that headed the inquiry into partygate  ,the one that said it was a party  party and Johnson was having a party at the party which eventually led to his being booted out of Downing street has ......been invited to be Starmers chief of staff .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11813007/Partygate-probe-official-Sue-Gray-quits-Starmers-chief-staff.html

Next thing we know we will be hearing politicians have morals, we know that would be a lie.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

The woman that headed the inquiry into partygate  ,the one that said it was a party  party and Johnson was having a party at the party which eventually led to his being booted out of Downing street has ......been invited to be Starmers chief of staff .