Pride

Started by Baron von Lotsov, February 05, 2020, 02:04:51 AM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=15763 time=1581101702 user_id=63
No

Because that's how you get the overpopulation we have today  a cull would sort it out in a jiffy.

Reproductive rates vary with wealth, e.g. during the Victorian period we were gaining vast wealth and it hit about 4.2.

What messes up the natural order of things is when people get subsidised, e.g. child tax credits.

Besides there are two types of species. The one type spawns lots of crappy offspring and only a few survive and then there is the other type which spawn far less but are more likely to survive. Like in Africa I think it worked on the basis of have ten kids and about two will reach adults. We are supposed to be smart, so we can control it. You do not have to kill anyone. You just say to the stupid people who can't afford to have children that is bad luck. However the natural order of things is distorted by the vote. These stupid people vote rights for themselves.

See - the whole thing can be run without killing anyone.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=15759 time=1581100532 user_id=74
The whole of Europe for thousands of years has been playing this pride game. And when the sh*t hits the fan we are told we need more pride.

Surely the intelligent thing to do is to build rather than destroy.

No

Because that's how you get the overpopulation we have today  a cull would sort it out in a jiffy.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Baron von Lotsov

The whole of Europe for thousands of years has been playing this pride game. And when the shit hits the fan we are told we need more pride.

Surely the intelligent thing to do is to build rather than destroy.

johnofgwent

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=15431 time=1580868291 user_id=74
Your relatives of this time were probably proud of this ...

Well, grandad was rather chuffed that his stuff mainly intended to find those who wished us ill worked, dad had a definite sparkle in his eye when I came home from what was clearly the most barking mad job interview to date in my life at that time but stayed silent when I described why because he knew what awaited after I'd signed the OSA ....

And yes, I have to say, when some years ago a retired royal marine commando told me of the time he was hanging out if a wessex hoping an argentinian fighter pilot wasnt coming round for another look and then just as it seemed he was, the arse end of his plane erupted in flame and metal splinters thanks to one of ***MY*** toys,  yes I bloody well WAS rather chuffed that the stuff I'd been paid to help develop did the job I intended it to do.

Even though my input at that point was barely that of junior cog wheel greaser. Fact was the cogs I greased spun exactly as needed when the need was greatest. Job done and if only the stupid, stupid bastards who thought we would be a pushover had stopped to examine their history and thought a bit harder, lots of people would still  walk the earth and Maggie Thatcher wouldn't have been able to do half the damage she did do

So, I'll ask the same question  PS asked

Your point was  .....?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=15431 time=1580868291 user_id=74
Your relatives of this time were probably proud of this.

I have watched the videos. What point are you trying to make?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baron von Lotsov

Baron von Lotsov

Your relatives of this time were probably proud of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5i9k7s9X_A">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5i9k7s9X_A