Should people be sacked for making factually accurate statements?

Started by papasmurf, March 10, 2023, 05:31:55 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 11, 2023, 12:46:56 PM
No its not his comments are wide of the mark .  
His comments about language use are factually accurate. Whether you or anyone else likes it or not. (The rest of his comments I disagree with strongly.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on March 11, 2023, 10:18:38 AM
As anyone who has studied Germany in the lead up to the second World War Lineker's comments about the language use about illegal immigrants by the Conservatives is similar to that used in 1930s Germany is factually accurate.
No its not his comments are wide of the mark .  As someone with ancestors who fled Selesia due to the anti Polish campaign that was ongoing throughout the 19th C  I think Im pretty aware what Germany was up to in the lead up to the second world war .
Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 11, 2023, 12:00:19 PM
bet you didn't get angry when Alan (Lord) Sugar currently lead on The Apprentice made his crass comments
I dont get angry about what anyone writes on twitter , its name is apt for its users 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2023, 12:40:31 PM
And there you have just shown your question wasn't specific.
Nick if you can't respond to the question asked in the thread opener, which is simple enough, please don't bother at all.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 11, 2023, 12:38:36 PM
Lineker is just the latest in a long line of examples.
And there you have just shown your question wasn't specific. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2023, 12:35:38 PM
Maybe in your deluded head. You wanted people to refer to Linekar but you never mentioned his name. So no it wasn't specific.
Lineker is just the latest in a long line of examples.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 11, 2023, 12:20:27 PM
Nick I asked a very specific question.
Maybe in your deluded head. You wanted people to refer to Lineker but you never mentioned his name. So no it wasn't specific.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2023, 12:10:14 PM
You asked a non-specific question, you got a non-specific answer.
If you don't understand that then it's you that has the problem.
Nick I asked a very specific question. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 11, 2023, 07:27:05 AM
Obviously no-one who has replied is keeping up with current affairs.
You asked a non-specific question, you got a non-specific answer. 
If you don't understand that then it's you that has the problem. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 11, 2023, 09:23:34 AM
Oh we keep up Papa we just don't think what Big Ears does or says is that relevent to them

But seeing as you asked yes the Beeb have taken the right action , not for making comment but for making a crass comment . He has stepped over the line ,didnt appologise so can stay at home for as long as he likes thinking about it . That Shearer and Wright have now stood by him and said they wont be turning up for work is a bonus .
bet you didn't get angry when Alan (Lord) Sugar currently lead on The Apprentice made his crass comments

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/1603354972317683712 

'Hello Mick Lynch are you happy with yourself bringing the country and ordinary people down on their knees over Xmas. You don't fool me waiting for the employers to come to table. You love the publicity.Your members would like to earn what you get.Why don't you waive your salary.'

Unlucky4Sum

Obviously you need remedial education in thread title writing.  

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 11, 2023, 09:23:34 AM
Oh we keep up Papa we just don't think what Big Ears does or says is that relevent to them

But seeing as you asked yes the Beeb have taken the right action , not for making comment but for making a crass comment . He has stepped over the line ,didnt appologise so can stay at home for as long as he likes thinking about it . That Shearer and Wright have now stood by him and said they wont be turning up for work is a bonus .
As anyone who has studied Germany in the lead up to the second World War Lineker's comments about the language use about illegal immigrants by the Conservatives is similar to that used in 1930s Germany is factually accurate.

Streetwalker

papasmurf

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on March 10, 2023, 05:31:55 PM
Should people be sacked for making factually accurate statements?
No not for me , though I think we need percifics before we can make a case .
Quote from: HDQQ on March 10, 2023, 09:37:37 PM
Depends what you say. If a hairdresser told an ugly customer they were ugly, they'd deserve the sack!
But saying someone is ugly is just opinion not a fact but just being rude . Thats a different question .

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on March 10, 2023, 09:37:37 PM
Depends what you say. If a hairdresser told an ugly customer they were ugly, they'd deserve the sack!

The hairdresser for upsetting the customer and the customer for being ugly? Makes sense I suppose.
Algerie Francais !