I am NOT an anti-Monarchist

Started by papasmurf, March 14, 2023, 10:34:49 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on March 14, 2023, 10:34:49 AM
I am not an anti-Monarchist. However does anyone know of an event over the time of the Coronation where the wall to wall coverage, can be avoided?
Around the headland from Alum bay on the isle of wight, before the military road reaches freshwater, there is a cave in the white rock.

aluminium salts, the source of the multi coloured sands in Alum Bay, infest this rock too, making it impossible for cellular signals, inmarsat spot beams and type 23 frigate combat radar from penetrating to the back of the cave

the royalists will probably be at the royal ocean racing club on tbe other sife of the island.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 15, 2023, 11:13:56 PM
Damn fine capitalist values, I wonder where your communist views came from?
I don't have any communist views.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 15, 2023, 07:55:12 PM
At the Queens coronation, my family had the only television in the street, so we had about 60 people in the living room.
Damn fine capitalist values, I wonder where your communist views came from?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 15, 2023, 05:23:07 PM
It is indeed , My old Mum (god bless) was at the Queens coronation , me and the brother stood in the same spot with her for both the Silver and golden Jubilees and many Trooping of  the colour . We will be there with a cold bag of beers for Charlies big day .
Unless an invite drops on the mat of course Union Flag
At the Queens coronation, my family had the only television in the street, so we had about 60 people in the living room.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on March 15, 2023, 08:00:14 AM
We've not had a coronation for 70 years, it's hardly an inconvenience.
Like SW, I'd be there if I could, it's a proud moment.
It is indeed , My old Mum (god bless) was at the Queens coronation , me and the brother stood in the same spot with her for both the Silver and golden Jubilees and many Trooping of  the colour . We will be there with a cold bag of beers for Charlies big day .
Unless an invite drops on the mat of course Union Flag

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on March 15, 2023, 01:26:51 PM
Are you suggesting that all those 5500 people avoided everything associated with Diana's death over that whole period of mass mourning...?
Far more than that, the wall to wall Diana drove people out of their homes and crowded into any pub that did not have a TV or radio.  Pubs made a fortune out of Diana avoidance.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on March 15, 2023, 01:28:08 PM
You're the only one whining about it on here.

Pappy is either a troll, a liar, on day release from Broadmoor or all three. Whatever, he is probably tickled pink that we are still treating his nonsense as fact.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 15, 2023, 11:57:16 AM
Nick it is NOT just me wanting to avoid the wall to wall bullshine over several days.
You're the only one whining about it on here. 

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on March 15, 2023, 01:04:29 PM
5500 people managed to avoid Diana's funeral, at a "rung what you brung," motorcycle standing start 1/4 mile track day. A good day was had by all.
Are you suggesting that all those 5500 people avoided everything associated with Diana's death over that whole period of mass mourning...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on March 15, 2023, 12:25:56 PM
It's going to be like Christmas — you can put up with the weeks of preamble and join in and enjoy the day itself, or you can get on and do your own thing. But, unless you take lodgings with a happy hermit, I doubt you'll find anywhere enjoyable in the developed world that'll be Coronation free...
5500 people managed to avoid Diana's funeral, at a "rung what you brung," motorcycle standing start 1/4 mile track day. A good day was had by all.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on March 14, 2023, 10:34:49 AM
I am not an anti-Monarchist. However does anyone know of an event over the time of the Coronation where the wall to wall coverage, can be avoided?
It's going to be like Christmas — you can put up with the weeks of preamble and join in and enjoy the day itself, or you can get on and do your own thing. But, unless you take lodgings with a happy hermit, I doubt you'll find anywhere enjoyable in the developed world that'll be Coronation free...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 15, 2023, 11:55:02 AM
The issue is firmly with you. If you are so upset that there is going to be coverage of a coronation for the first in over 70 years you need to give your head a wobble, it's pathetic.
Nick it is NOT just me wanting to avoid the wall to wall bullshine over several days.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 15, 2023, 09:52:12 AM
There is an issue Nick, such wall to wall coverage has happened several times in the not too distant past with a significant number of people taking avoidance measures.  I am hoping that the small group of people I associate with can arrange for somewhere to go away out of communication with the World for a few days.
The issue is firmly with you. If you are so upset that there is going to be coverage of a coronation for the first in over 70 years you need to give your head a wobble, it's pathetic. 

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on March 15, 2023, 06:15:24 AM
It is not just the telly, it will be madness for several days.  Some friends are going on a coronation avoidance holiday on a cruise ship.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 15, 2023, 09:37:50 AM
As usual you're finding an issue where there isn't one.
There is an issue Nick, such wall to wall coverage has happened several times in the not too distant past with a significant number of people taking avoidance measures.  I am hoping that the small group of people I associate with can arrange for somewhere to go away out of communication with the World for a few days.