Main Menu

Packaging rant.

Started by papasmurf, March 18, 2023, 10:03:10 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Things are getting more difficult to open, I'm sure. And it's not to do with my age! Bottles of cooking oil where the plastic bit you pull to break the seal snaps off; 4-pinters of milk where the tab comes off leaving the foil top in place; bags of peanuts where 'tear here' is so tough that when you do tear, you tear the bag in half; and I could swear that I've had more ring-pulls break in the last year than the previous 60+ years! Still I suppose it does mean one doesn't completely lose the ability to operate a tin-opener! Dancing 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 19, 2023, 01:22:40 AM
There is an amazing invention called scissors.
I used scissors, they did not help because the memory card was tight packed inside the moulded packaging. I am surprised I got the card out at all with damaging it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

There is an amazing invention called scissors. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on March 18, 2023, 12:24:05 PM
I never bother with manuals and such. I just sit there dribbling until one of the family takes pity on me and, trating me with kindly contempt, sorts the matter out. :)
Yes, i must admit IT literacy seems to have sidestepped a generation. Either that or my kids have got bored of doing stuff for me whilst for Melissa the novelty of grandad not knowing how to do x,y, z etc clearly hasn't worn off.

I had to empty a cupboard yesterday and found the last of the ZX81's i bought to control the cell culture apparatus in my old lab. The other 19 didn't last long in the hostile environment... i kept this last one as a souveneir. I might see how long it takes madam to sus out how to connect it to a TV ..... 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on March 18, 2023, 12:24:05 PM
I never bother with manuals and such. I just sit there dribbling until one of the family takes pity on me and, trating me with kindly contempt, sorts the matter out. :)
Unfortunately the only It wizard I know lives in Brittany. He seems to be able to fix any technological communications problems in seconds.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on March 18, 2023, 10:03:10 AM
I purchased an 128 GB memory card yesterday. Only one problem it proved to be near impossible to get out of the packaging. It stubbornly refused to be removed. I cut away as much of the packing as I dared and was coming close to cutting the card itself before it could be removed. (The problems I had inserting it into the device would need a whole thread on its own. The manual was useless, there was no sign of the slot and pinhole shown in the manual eject the card tray.)

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

I purchased an 128 GB memory card yesterday. Only one problem it proved to be near impossible to get out of the packaging. It stubbornly refused to be removed. I cut away as much of the packing as I dared and was coming close to cutting the card itself before it could be removed. (The problems I had inserting it into the device would need a whole thread on its own. The manual was useless, there was no sign of the slot and pinhole shown in the manual eject the card tray.)