Should MPs have their own TV shows?

Started by papasmurf, March 23, 2023, 08:11:53 AM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on March 26, 2023, 06:27:06 PM
Have you ever checked out the Corruption Index of European countries?
Spain, Portugal, Italy, some of the biggest countries in the EU, are in the bottom half. France is below the UK, so only Germany out of the top net contributors to the EU are trustworthy. And you want to be part of this cartel? You strike me as a decent bloke, why?
Eh?

Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, Ireland, Estonia, Luxembourg and Belgium all rated as or more honest than the UK and our rating has got consistently worse since that referendum especially after we left.  And you want to infer the EU is the problem?  Ludicrous.

https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2022/index/gbr 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on March 26, 2023, 06:17:12 PM
EU Army: You're missing the point, it doesn't matter that Macron has now abandoned his plan, the fact it was put forward as a plan and remain denied it was means REMAIN lied.

Immediate effect: The UK government, lead by DC told us exactly that. Are you suggesting DC's government we're not part of Remain?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/britain-to-enter-recession-with-500000-uk-jobs-lost-if-it-left-eu-new-treasury-analysis-shows

Budget: Ah so now you're saying it's only a lie if it comes from the official Remain campaign, the chancellor, who I personally witnessed espousing his remain views as he was on the BOD's at a company I did business with, doesn't count. Well your previous link was not the official leave campaign.

Obama: This is not open for dispute, it is well known DC told Obama to say this. The second he used the word queue I knew it was a fed line. SW will tell you, the Septics don't have that word in their vocabulary, they use the world line.

UK split: Again you're playing games with OFFICIAL REMAIN campaigns, nobody ever mentioned the official channels, we spoke about sides, and the remain side via Major and Bliar stated categorically that the UK might split.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36486016.amp

Hard Border: Again, you're just playing games, "It's not a lie because it didn't come from the official campaign". It was still a lie and heard by voters regardless of which channel it came from.

We haven't even touched on all the big businesses like Nisan that were paid millions to lie about pulling out of the UK, the same companies that made huge investments into the UK after Brexit.
No Nick you're saying if you can find some pissed up idiot that you think voted remain and an untruth then that absolves your official Leave campaign from all those documented lies they used their privileged access to media and electoral rolls to push.  Well it doesn't.

You won your pyrrhic victory by your Leave leaders telling lies with illegal money to get millions of swing voters to either vote Leave or abstain.   Well you now own this mess.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on March 26, 2023, 03:54:05 PM

This wasn't the first time the UK voiced a
view opposite to other EU members...
Have you ever checked out the Corruption Index of European countries?
Spain, Portugal, Italy, some of the biggest countries in the EU, are in the bottom half. France is below the UK, so only Germany out of the top net contributors to the EU are trustworthy. And you want to be part of this cartel? You strike me as a decent bloke, why?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 26, 2023, 03:52:33 PM
Oh the irony, you lie about lies

One by one:

EU Army is a fantasy. LIE - no such singular EU Army exists or will exist.  Multi nation task military groups had long existed with no EU compulsion to join.

Voting to leave would have an IMMEDIATE detrimental effect on our economy. LIE  - Not a Remain Campaign Claim but as it happens the £ was immediately devalued by ~ 15% causing standard of living erosion

We would need an immediate emergency budget. LIE  - Not a Remain Campaign Claim and not a lie as Osborne (not a Remain campaign member) believed it.  And of course we did have CArney's emergency money printing which was effectively a budget

We'd be at the back of the QUEUE for a deal in the USA. LIE, Cameron asked Obama to say that.  No it was established USA policy and still is today

The UK would break up. LIE   Not a Remain Campaign Claim

A hard border would be needed in Ireland. LIE  Not a Remain Campaign Claim

EU Army: You're missing the point, it doesn't matter that Macron has now abandoned his plan, the fact it was put forward as a plan and remain denied it was means REMAIN lied. 

Immediate effect: The UK government, lead by DC told us exactly that. Are you suggesting DC's government we're not part of Remain?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/britain-to-enter-recession-with-500000-uk-jobs-lost-if-it-left-eu-new-treasury-analysis-shows

Budget: Ah so now you're saying it's only a lie if it comes from the official Remain campaign, the chancellor, who I personally witnessed espousing his remain views as he was on the BOD's at a company I did business with, doesn't count. Well your previous link was not the official leave campaign. 

Obama: This is not open for dispute, it is well known DC told Obama to say this. The second he used the word queue I knew it was a fed line. SW will tell you, the Septics don't have that word in their vocabulary, they use the world line. 

UK split: Again you're playing games with OFFICIAL REMAIN campaigns, nobody ever mentioned the official channels, we spoke about sides, and the remain side via Major and Bliar stated categorically that the UK might split. 
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36486016.amp

Hard Border: Again, you're just playing games, "It's not a lie because it didn't come from the official campaign". It was still a lie and heard by voters regardless of which channel it came from. 

We haven't even touched on all the big businesses like Nisan that were paid millions to lie about pulling out of the UK, the same companies that made huge investments into the UK after Brexit. 

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 26, 2023, 02:40:12 PM
With regard the countries that were set to join the EU . They are  all candidate countries and though Turkey and to some degree Serbia have cooled on the idea that doesnt remove the fact that in 2015 /16 they were very much in line to join the EU .Indeed then PM Cameron was actively supportive of Turkey joining and said as much during a trip to Ankara in 2010.
Turkey was never going to join the EU, and will not for some years yet — if at all. France would have vetoed all such proposals.

Cameron's buttering up his hosts probably had an ulterior motive, ie, foreign policy issues critical to UK interests including Syria, the Iran nuclear issue, Somalia, Afghanistan and the Western Balkans. Plus the relationship with NATO.

This wasn't the first time the UK voiced a
view opposite to other EU members...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on March 26, 2023, 03:39:56 PM
Remainer lies.

EU Army is a fantasy. LIE

Voting to leave would have an IMMEDIATE detrimental effect on our economy. LIE

We would need an immediate emergency budget. LIE

We'd be at the back of the QUEUE for a deal in the USA. LIE, Cameron asked Obama to say that.

The UK would break up. LIE

A hard border would be needed in Ireland. LIE

There's plenty more like that.
Oh the irony, you lie about lies

One by one:

EU Army is a fantasy. LIE - no such singular EU Army exists or will exist.  Multi nation task military groups had long existed with no EU compulsion to join.

Voting to leave would have an IMMEDIATE detrimental effect on our economy. LIE  - Not a Remain Campaign Claim but as it happens the £ was immediately devalued by ~ 15% causing standard of living erosion

We would need an immediate emergency budget. LIE  - Not a Remain Campaign Claim and not a lie as Osborne (not a Remain campaign member) believed it.  And of course we did have CArney's emergency money printing which was effectively a budget

We'd be at the back of the QUEUE for a deal in the USA. LIE, Cameron asked Obama to say that.  No it was established USA policy and still is today

The UK would break up. LIE   Not a Remain Campaign Claim

A hard border would be needed in Ireland. LIE   Not a Remain Campaign Claim

Nick

Remainer lies. 

EU Army is a fantasy. LIE

Voting to leave would have an IMMEDIATE detrimental effect on our economy. LIE

We would need an immediate emergency budget. LIE

We'd be at the back of the QUEUE for a deal in the USA. LIE, Cameron asked Obama to say that. 

The UK would break up. LIE

A hard border would be needed in Ireland. LIE

There's plenty more like that. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 26, 2023, 12:48:49 PM
OK then if you really need your sad denial itemised, here's some examples of how you deceived the electorate:

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_cost.html  'The EU now costs the UK over £350 million each week'  Complete lie

'Our EU contributions are enough to build a new, fully-staffed NHS hospital every week' also a lie

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_immigration.html  'We cannot stop criminals entering Britain from Europe'  another lie

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_trade.html  'After we Vote Leave, British businesses will trade freely with the EU. '  Not true, never was ever going to be true

Plus umpteen false messages illegally messaged to targeted voters using Facebook

And then this classic lie:

Macedonia couldn't join because Greece kept blocking them because they didn't want them being called Macedonia, they have now changed to North Macedonia and Greece has not blocked them so they will be joining imminently. 
Albania's application has been accepted in 2020, Montenegro will be joining in 2025 and Serbia are saying they're not interested in joining now. So what's your point? Turkey is 80% in Asia, they're not getting in. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 26, 2023, 02:40:12 PM
With regard the countries that were set to join the EU . They are  all candidate countries and though Turkey and to some degree Serbia have cooled on the idea that doesnt remove the fact that in 2015 /16 they were very much in line to join the EU . . .
Or in short it was a blatant lie to say they were 'set' (all is in place) to join.   There weren't even close but then truth was never high on leading Leaver's priorities.  Say anything and spend anything no matter the rules and morality to convert 10 million to what was and is their niche cause.   

Streetwalker

With regard the countries that were set to join the EU . They are  all candidate countries and though Turkey and to some degree Serbia have cooled on the idea that doesnt remove the fact that in 2015 /16 they were very much in line to join the EU .Indeed then PM Cameron was actively supportive of Turkey joining and said as much during a trip to Ankara in 2010

Candidate Countries - Enlargement - Environment - European Commission (europa.eu)
EU restates Balkan membership guarantee but won't say for when | Reuters

So hardly a 'classic lie ' more an open goal .  The whole enlargment process is based on cheap labour feeding the growing economies of Europe . Enlargment is never about trade it is about access to workers . The vast majority of our trade with the EU was and still is with the original 8 countries of western Europe ,All enlargement did for us was to suppress wages and widen the gap between the top and the bottom 

However since Brexit and though I have been a campaigner over the years for better training of our own young people things couldn't really have turned out any better 

Some bricklayers now earning OVER £125,000 due to shortages | Daily Mail Online

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on March 26, 2023, 12:17:48 PM
I'm not doing the work for you.
OK then if you really need your sad denial itemised, here's some examples of how you deceived the electorate:

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_cost.html  'The EU now costs the UK over £350 million each week'  Complete lie

'Our EU contributions are enough to build a new, fully-staffed NHS hospital every week' also a lie 

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_immigration.html  'We cannot stop criminals entering Britain from Europe'  another lie

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_trade.html  'After we Vote Leave, British businesses will trade freely with the EU. '   Not true, never was ever going to be true

Plus umpteen false messages illegally messaged to targeted voters using Facebook

And then this classic lie:

Nick

Nick

HDQQ

Quote from: papasmurf on March 24, 2023, 07:52:34 AM
Judging by internet forum far too many people do believe the lies and propaganda.
Yes, and that's why we're no longer in the EU. Rant
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!