Well, that was a good night's sleep

Started by Borchester, May 05, 2023, 02:25:39 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 05, 2023, 09:04:48 PM
Here's the bugger last summer after the tadpoles

I'm more than a little snakephobic but I have to say what a beauty he is and a great pic 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on May 05, 2023, 06:11:20 PM
If you keep adding grass cutting the heap will warm up and make it attractive to the wildlife, which suggests that the next time you open the compost bin you should find a lot of baby grass snakes.

Never see snakes on my patch, probably because there is nowhere for them to hibernate in the winter. Still, if I bank up the asparagus patch with leaf mould, I might get a few next year. And a hedgehog or two.

Good man SW, keep thinking
Here's the bugger last summer after the tadpoles

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 05, 2023, 02:42:12 PM
Thats not a full nights sleep . Feck me 4am is time for breakfast in my house and your just hitting the fart sack . Anyway less of the sleep pattens of the aged and  demented Ive got a question .
Ive got one of those compost tubs in the garden and have been putting cuttings and weed from the pond in it for about 30 years without ever opening the little door at the bottom to find out whats going on . Tell a lie I did the first year I had it and a grass snake was a kip so I left it be . So what do you reckon , what will I find if I open it ?

If you keep adding grass cutting the heap will warm up and make it attractive to the wildlife, which suggests that the next time you open the compost bin you should find a lot of baby grass snakes.

Never see snakes on my patch, probably because there is nowhere for them to hibernate in the winter. Still, if I bank up the asparagus patch with leaf mould, I might get a few next year. And a hedgehog or two.

Good man SW, keep thinking
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on May 05, 2023, 02:25:39 PM
I have a few barrels of garden waste that I fill with water and let rot down into plant food. Great stuff, except that the fumes would knock a horse over. So yesterday I used stuff to feed the plant life and by the evening I was coughing and sneezing and crapping fit to beat the band. But by about 2 am I had completely pumped ship and went to bed to have the first full night's sleep since the last one, which was a hell of a while back.
You can't beat a bit of gardening
:)
Thats not a full nights sleep . Feck me 4am is time for breakfast in my house and your just hitting the fart sack . Anyway less of the sleep pattens of the aged and  demented Ive got a question .
Ive got one of those compost tubs in the garden and have been putting cuttings and weed from the pond in it for about 30 years without ever opening the little door at the bottom to find out whats going on . Tell a lie I did the first year I had it and a grass snake was a kip so I left it be . So what do you reckon , what will I find if I open it ?

Borchester

I have a few barrels of garden waste that I fill with water and let rot down into plant food. Great stuff, except that the fumes would knock a horse over. So yesterday I used stuff to feed the plant life and by the evening I was coughing and sneezing and crapping fit to beat the band. But by about 2 am I had completely pumped ship and went to bed to have the first full night's sleep since the last one, which was a hell of a while back.
You can't beat a bit of gardening
:)
Algerie Francais !