Turned away for not having the correct ID - but back to the polling station in minutes

Started by SKY News, May 06, 2023, 07:02:12 AM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 06, 2023, 01:02:43 PM
Did you not read the last letter sent to you to request you confirm your electoral roll details ? It came about October and it included a warning that Voter ID was required as of whatever date and advised you to apply for a free Elector ID document.

if your reminder to renew your eligibility to vote did not have that either on the letter or an insert, you need to sack your councillors (oh, wait)

If it did then anyone who didn't get it sorted and now wishes to rant is an idiot.
Smurf is just a sad liar

These are the poll card templates required by law to have been used in these elections

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on May 06, 2023, 11:33:28 AM
The information about the ID requirement should have been sent to EVERYONE on the electoral register. It was not, so several million people have been disenfranchised.
Did you not read the last letter sent to you to request you confirm your electoral roll details ? It came about October and it included a warning that Voter ID was required as of whatever date and advised you to apply for a free Elector ID document.

if your reminder to renew your eligibility to vote did not have that either on the letter or an insert, you need to sack your councillors (oh, wait)

If it did then anyone who didn't get it sorted and now wishes to rant is an idiot.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Unlucky4Sum

And now proof that yet again the Smurf was posting complete made up BS because facts don't suit his agenda but he likes telling lies

Behold I give you the The Voter Identification (Principal Area, Parish and Greater London Authority Elections) (Amendment) Rules 2022

Page 72 to 74 make it clear that by law all polling cards have to contain a detail warning about Voter Identification

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on May 06, 2023, 12:23:56 PM
Nick it was NOT written on the card in all cases THAT is the problem. . . .
And you pathetically fail to evidence that because it isn't true that's why

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 06, 2023, 12:07:39 PM
It is written on the card, not our fault if you don't keep up with current affairs.
Nick it was NOT written on the card in all cases THAT is the problem. ( Naf all information from the electoral registration officer when I renewed my wife and I's registration.) I have been following the saga of the lack of direct dissemination of the need for all on the electoral register to have ID when it was first suggested. Several million people have been disenfranchised because of the lack of directly informing people. The people effected and young people and/or disabled people.
It is a national scandal.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 06, 2023, 12:07:39 PM
It is written on the card, not our fault if you don't keep up with current affairs.
Quite, for those of us that also look at other forums we know his idiot comment was disproved with evidence but being wrong doesn't seem to deter Smurf.

Feel free smurf to provide evidence of any May 23 poll card that didn't have the Voter ID needed warning of it.  

Nick

The information about the ID requirement should have been sent to EVERYONE on the electoral register. It was not, so several million people have been disenfranchised.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

It was sent to everyone

All the polling cards had the warning on it.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 06, 2023, 11:16:14 AM
If your too stupid not to understand that bringing ID means bringing ID then I guess you are too stupid to understand who or what you are voting for and maybe why it effects certain groups more than others .
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

If your too stupid not to understand that bringing ID means bringing ID then I guess you are too stupid to understand who or what you are voting for and maybe why it effects certain groups more than others .

SKY News

Turned away for not having the correct ID - but back to the polling station in minutes

Standing outside a windy polling station in the Nottingham neighbourhood of Hyson Green, Niam sets out in passionate terms why everyone should be willing - and able - to vote.

Source: Turned away for not having the correct ID - but back to the polling station in minutes