50 year old rust bucket barge being converted to house illegal immigrants.

Started by papasmurf, May 10, 2023, 10:09:34 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 10, 2023, 01:32:47 PM
In which case it will catch fire, sink, and rid the country of several hundred unwanted invaders

That is exactly what I expect to happen.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on May 10, 2023, 01:22:42 PM
In my opinion it will be a riot plus arson bound to happen.
In which case it will catch fire, sink, and rid the country of several hundred unwanted invaders

Not seeing a downside here to be honest. Being afloat means we wont even need to send a fire brigade the sea will do the job. Best moor it a mile offshore though
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 10, 2023, 01:16:05 PM
I dont know what we are expected to do with these people . They should be thankful they have a roof over their heads and if they can't behave themselves its not far to HMP  Grove
If you read the link, the rust bucket designed for 200 people will not be, after Falmouth shipyard has "converted" it to house 500 fit young  males, will not be the luxury accommodation portrayed in the gutter press, using very old pictures of the interior as it used to be.
In my opinion it will be a riot plus arson bound to happen.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 10, 2023, 10:09:34 AM
Personally I suspect sticking 500 fit young males in a floating confined space is going to end in tears, (but not for them.)

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/controversial-barge-for-migrant-housing-arrives-in-uk
I dont know what we are expected to do with these people . They should be thankful they have a roof over their heads and if they can't behave themselves its not far to HMP  Grove 

papasmurf

Personally I suspect sticking 500 fit young males in a floating confined space is going to end in tears, (but not for them.)

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/controversial-barge-for-migrant-housing-arrives-in-uk