50 year old rust bucket barge being converted to house illegal immigrants.

Started by papasmurf, May 10, 2023, 10:09:34 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 18, 2023, 02:05:44 PM
The skills needed cost £thousands in training to get certification. "Soon pick up skills" is frankly nonsense, there are more that enough cowboy hat, and cowboy boot wearing British "tradespeople," as it is.

As I have said before Pappy, you know more about everything than anybody, so I bow to your superior wisdom, but I seem to to recall renovating and selling a few properties based on pretty much what I picked up from the Readers Digest Book of How To Do Most everything.

The reason that I never became a bricklayer was because the training consisted of mixing mountains of sand and cement by way of payment to the brickies. It was bloody hard graft and I sank many pints at the end of the day, but I don't recall it costing thousands

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 18, 2023, 01:13:52 PM
Unskilled folk who risk their lives crossing open seas in leaky boats will soon pick up whatever skills are fashionable.
The skills needed cost £thousands in training to get certification. "Soon pick up skills" is frankly nonsense, there are more that enough cowboy hat, and cowboy boot wearing British "tradespeople," as it is.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2023, 12:59:58 PM
There may be a case for needing immigrants the trouble is its not these immigrants we want . We want skilled , qualified people that have  something to offer not people that feed on the bottom of the pond
Unskilled folk who risk their lives crossing open seas in leaky boats will soon pick up whatever skills are fashionable.

Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on July 18, 2023, 12:49:00 PM
We don't want the immigrants, but we do need them which is not something any government dares admit.
There may be a case for needing immigrants the trouble is its not these immigrants we want . We want skilled , qualified people that have  something to offer not people that feed on the bottom of the pond 

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on July 18, 2023, 11:50:21 AM
Why is the UK housing incomers it doesn't want?

I thought a principal reason for leaving the EU was to regain control of immigration without the interference of any other country — but numbers continue to rise, or am I being misled?

Where are the people who made these promises, and why aren't they being asked to correct their failures...?

We don't want the immigrants, but we do need them which is not something any government dares admit.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 18, 2023, 11:50:21 AM

I thought a principal reason for leaving the EU was to regain control of immigration without the interference of any other country — but numbers continue to rise, or am I being misled?

Where are the people who made these promises, and why aren't they being asked to correct their failures...?
Not really got anything to do with leaving the EU Posty apart from the French no longer feeling abliged to stop them leaving the beach . More to do with the incompetence of the government and its belief that we should be following ancient international law written before the problems of the 21st C .

None of the major players who made the promises are any longer in cabinet positions , they have been hounded out by those who don't give a toss about immigration or for that matter Brexit . 

patman post

I thought a principal reason for leaving the EU was to regain control of immigration without the interference of any other country — but numbers continue to rise, or am I being misled?

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2023, 08:45:13 AM
Not strong enough IMO but its a family friendly site so we have to be reserved in what we say ;)

The main issue here is that a large number of people who's history nobody (but themeselves) knows anything about have been dumped on a community that doesn't want them .
With unfettered access to the area. Plus next to no money, I expect the crime rate to rocket, and/or most of them to disappear.
I think the barge should be moored on the Thames next to the Houses of Parliament.

Streetwalker

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on July 18, 2023, 07:50:10 AM
F@@@ me, some of the comments on here.
Not strong enough IMO but its a family friendly site so we have to be reserved in what we say ;)

The main issue here is that a large number of people who's history nobody (but themeselves) knows anything about have been dumped on a community that doesn't want them . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2023, 07:24:24 AM
Well its here . To be moored alongside Portland quay . Just got to hook up services and it will be ready for the iilegal migrants
All 'detainees' will be allowed ashore at will with easy access to local transport links to nearby towns and villages . The lads will be requested to return to the barge and be in bed by 11pm .lol  .

I wonder how many will go missing in the first week ?
They are also going to be provided with medical services that the locals have trouble accessing.

Streetwalker

Well its here . To be moored alongside Portland quay . Just got to hook up services and it will be ready for the iilegal migrants 
All 'detainees' will be allowed ashore at will with easy access to local transport links to nearby towns and villages . The lads will be requested to return to the barge and be in bed by 11pm .lol  .

I wonder how many will go missing in the first week ?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 10, 2023, 06:14:23 PM
Wonder where they are going to put tomorrows ?
There are plenty of floating but mothballed ships to use.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 10, 2023, 06:14:23 PM
I dont need to read the link , especially an American one ,
The British newspaper links are giving the impression that there will be luxury accommodation on the barge, that is why I used a somewhat more accurate assessment.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 10, 2023, 01:22:42 PM
If you read the link, the rust bucket designed for 200 people will not be, after Falmouth shipyard has "converted" it to house 500 fit young  males, will not be the luxury accommodation portrayed in the gutter press, using very old pictures of the interior as it used to be.
In my opinion it will be a riot plus arson bound to happen.
I dont need to read the link , especially an American one , Im already up to speed as I keep abreast of current affairs :). Its just another Tory attempt to make it look like they are doing something about the migrant problem . That barge by the way will house 1 day of cross channel arrivals .
Wonder where they are going to put tomorrows ?