More Boris lockdown breaches

Started by patman post, May 23, 2023, 09:32:02 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 09:29:20 PM
The entire country know Boris is a liar. He has been since he could talk.

Indeed he is.  Can you name a politician who isn't?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 15, 2023, 05:43:48 PM
The only people who can know what the specificity in S2 was are the authors.
I will see if there is any way of getting clarification.

However, you still need to state what you think the figure was if not 99.9%. you obviously think.it was.lower.

Fine - what was it?

And then, having told.us what the figure was......say why you think the figure used in a sensitivity analysis, by definition not the value believed to be the actual value,  is important.

I have a better idea.  You admit you was wrong, S2 has a different specificity.  Then we move on.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 16, 2023, 05:51:27 AM
The report is tainted because the chairman was giving statements telling everyone what the outcome would be before the committee even sat. If it was a court case it would have been thrown out.
Link please to back that

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 16, 2023, 05:51:27 AM
The report is tainted because the chairman was giving statements telling everyone what the outcome would be before the committee even sat. If it was a court case it would have been thrown out.
Nick most of the evidence against Boris was public domain before the enquiry and some of it is matter of public record in Hansard.
That Boris ever became an MP let alone PM is disgrace to the country in general and the tory party in particular.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 15, 2023, 10:33:57 PM
Why is the report tainted?

Do you have issue with any of the evidence they procured?

Are you saying the other witnesses lied under oath? The recorded evidence of his stamens is fake?

Unless you have any rebuttals to that evidence (and Johnson doesn't) ranting about Harman is an ad hominem fallacy - and very reminiscent of Trump

In addition, his resignation letter and statements about the committee are direct evidence of contempt of parliament.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester on June 15, 2023, 08:23:28 PM

A few after dinner speaking engagements will soon fix that.

You are.proba my right, though I suspect his stock lower than it was.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 09:06:11 PM
He has won again because Harriet Harman was going spouting off that he was a liar weeks before the committee was formed, and she was chairman of the committee. Regardless of whether it was right or wrong, the report is tainted.
Mondays vote will show show what level of support he has, and I am hearing that upwards of 60 MP's are going to jump ship and join Borage.
Why is the report tainted?

Do you have issue with any of the evidence they procured?

Are you saying the other witnesses lied under oath? The recorded evidence of his stamens is fake?

Unless you have any rebuttals to that evidence (and Johnson doesn't) ranting about Harman is an ad hominem fallacy - and very reminiscent of Trump

In addition, his resignation letter and statements about the committee are direct evidence of contempt of parliament. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM
Yet no proof.
Nick no proof?  That is the second biggest laugh I have had in ages.

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 09:06:11 PM
He has won again because Harriet Harman was going spouting off that he was a liar weeks before the committee was formed, and she was chairman of the committee. Regardless of whether it was right or wrong, the report is tainted.
Mondays vote will show show what level of support he has, and I am hearing that upwards of 60 MP's are going to jump ship and join Borage.
The entire country know Boris is a liar. He has been since he could talk.

Boris Johnson has done what dog does against lamppost, says his former boss Max Hastings | The Independent

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 15, 2023, 12:15:07 PM
Finally he's called out on the record for being the complete dishonest dickhead some of us always saw him for.

Borchester

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 15, 2023, 08:19:15 PM
Depends if any amendments are approved in the Commons debate on the report (Monday?).

Amendments could include not paying for his massive legal expenses (which should never have been paid).  Also losing that Commons pass will stop him selling private tours of the house.

A few after dinner speaking engagements will soon fix that.

Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 15, 2023, 08:13:26 PM
But because he resigned and walked, all his critics can actually do to him now is disable his parliamentary pass. Way to go, Boris....
Depends if any amendments are approved in the Commons debate on the report (Monday?). 

Amendments could include not paying for his massive legal expenses (which should never have been paid).  Also losing that Commons pass will stop him selling private tours of the house.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 15, 2023, 12:15:07 PM
Finally he's called out on the record for being the complete dishonest dickhead some of us always saw him for.
But because he resigned and walked, all his critics can actually do to him now is disable his parliamentary pass. Way to go, Boris....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 15, 2023, 05:34:09 PM
Unfortunately with the current rabble that sit in Westminster contempt for Parliament is pretty much a given across the Kingdoms .
That we still believe in democracy is probably the only thing stopping rebellion .
I'd say the belief in democracy leading to the peaceful handover of power is the important thing.

If there is no peaceful handover, and instead a violent power struggle between rival claimants, the general population always loses out.

I'm pretty sure that's why the peasantry were happy when the ruler had an heir. 

They weren't necessarily overjoyed that they had a new overlord to continue stepping on them.

They were just happy that the chance of a civil war between various rulers-in-waiting and the economic and social disruption that goes with it  has reduced.