I am so sick of Covid

Started by Borchester, May 27, 2023, 01:52:50 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 28, 2023, 12:18:32 AM
Surprised to see you describe it as 'the flu' then.  Omicron had some similarities I guess but its predecessors were really nasty.  3 years after nearly dying of Covid one of my friends still isn't right and my brother took 18 months to get back to near normal.  And of course for too many it was lethal.
I had it, coughed half a dozen times and that was it, my wife had to crawl upstairs to bed on her hands and knees. Two of my girls lost their smell and taste, one got them back six months later, one said everything tasted of onions. My son had never contracted it, it's many things to many people. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on May 28, 2023, 01:12:42 PM
It must be SW's Supremacy in handling the effects of the virus that's captured your attention. Or perhaps you were reading an account of Lincolnshire towns when you realised his achievement...

No, my attention was captured by his bottle and good humour.

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on May 28, 2023, 12:12:41 PM

The board has had a secret meeting and decided that SW has bourne the Covid with courage and good humour and should therefore be allowed to moan as much as he likes.:)

Everyone else is free to get fucked
It must be SW's Supremacy in handling the effects of the virus that's captured your attention. Or perhaps you were reading an account of Lincolnshire towns when you realised his achievement...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 28, 2023, 07:02:59 AM
Well I dont go on about it unless asked and I guess in a way your asking with the bait of the OP

3 years 3 months and 28 days since I got the covid Ive just spent the last week sitting as still as possible trying not to breath . Im not trying to off myself just stop the pain as the airbags crash against the rib cage and dont even ask about when I cough . It will ease over the next few days ,I know as get these symtoms every couple of months or so . The Asthma is ongoing as is the Arthritis but thankfully the post viral soriasis has cleared up . Ive still got an enlarged heart and the Kidney is detereating . The GP's say there is nothing wrong with me . My guess is that they dont know

Todays another day , Naproxen has taken the edge off it this morning and Im going to get the clubs out of the shed and give it a go . As you say Borky no point in being depressed about it and a few beers after will sort me right out , till later when the old woman will be saying ''i told you not to go to golf '' as I cough and double over in pain once more .

Just another day in the Long covid world many of us have ended up in , but there is nothing wrong with me .onwards and upwards ........FORE!

The board has had a secret meeting and decided that SW has bourne the Covid with courage and good humour and should therefore be allowed to moan as much as he likes.:)

Everyone else is free to get fucked
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on May 27, 2023, 01:52:50 PM
Pun intended.

But after years of it l folk are still whingeing.. You have a touch of the flu ? Fine. Ring in sick, take plenty of fluids, brandy, aspirin, bedrest and self pity and there you are.

But for F@@@'s sake stop going on about it.
Well I dont go on about it unless asked and I guess in a way your asking with the bait of the OP

3 years 3 months and 28 days since I got the covid Ive just spent the last week sitting as still as possible trying not to breath . Im not trying to off myself just stop the pain as the airbags crash against the rib cage and dont even ask about when I cough . It will ease over the next few days ,I know as get these symtoms every couple of months or so . The Asthma is ongoing as is the Arthritis but thankfully the post viral soriasis has cleared up . Ive still got an enlarged heart and the Kidney is detereating . The GP's say there is nothing wrong with me . My guess is that they dont know 

Todays another day , Naproxen has taken the edge off it this morning and Im going to get the clubs out of the shed and give it a go . As you say Borky no point in being depressed about it and a few beers after will sort me right out , till later when the old woman will be saying ''i told you not to go to golf '' as I cough and double over in pain once more . 

Just another day in the Long covid world many of us have ended up in , but there is nothing wrong with me .onwards and upwards ........FORE! 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borchester on May 27, 2023, 09:48:16 PM
Yes
Surprised to see you describe it as 'the flu' then.  Omicron had some similarities I guess but its predecessors were really nasty.  3 years after nearly dying of Covid one of my friends still isn't right and my brother took 18 months to get back to near normal.  And of course for too many it was lethal.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on May 27, 2023, 11:03:15 PM
But didn't the vaccine protect them?
You do know that prior to April 2021 most people in the UK hadn't been vaccinated don't you.

Scott777

Quote from: HDQQ on May 27, 2023, 06:47:34 PM
Lots of people are suffering from long covid - I know one such person, who was active and 'never ill' before they got covid and now they struggle to get through the day.

But didn't the vaccine protect them?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

Right now, covid levels are low in UK, most people are vaccinated and recent variants of the virus are said to be milder, although more infectious. 
Most people have been vaccinated and treatment for those who need it has improved because of the steep learning curve during the pandemic.

But people are still getting ill and a few are getting seriously ill. Lots of people are suffering from long covid - I know one such person, who was active and 'never ill' before they got covid and now they struggle to get through the day.

One of the top covid science experts has said that while the pandemic seems like it's over, nobody knows what mutations could occur to the virus and what effects they might have.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borchester on May 27, 2023, 01:52:50 PM
Pun intended.

But after years of it l folk are still whingeing.. You have a touch of the flu ? Fine. Ring in sick, take plenty of fluids, brandy, aspirin, bedrest and self pity and there you are.

Have you ever had Covid?

patman post

Even flu can be dangerous and fatal for the elderly and those with weak or compromised immune systems. Everyone needs to be aware of this — especially those who could be carriers and/or the most directly affected.

I remember stating in a strategy proposal a while ago something like: Frequent incidental references to the brand (in this case Covid and flu) alongside official publicity acts as nudge influencing, which helps official messaging. Combined subtle and direct prompts can make a choice or decision feel more natural for the buyer.

I still think it's a valid argument...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Pun intended.

Algerie Francais !